Author Topic: Pro UK or Pro Zulu?  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Pro UK or Pro Zulu?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:20 pm »
Mod is unbalanced? Our event today went like this:

In the first part of the battle Zulus got owned by British long-range fire. Then when the Zulus got to the fort and managed to break in they devastated the British in melee with their spears and clubs.

It was even. I bet the people who complain just jump onto a random battle server, get killed a few times because they dont understand that zulus cant shoot and then ragequit to the forums.

Offline Scrat555

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:22 pm »
I think the mod is near what it should be. Maybe small amounts of cav for the Zulu, and twice as much ammo for the brits. Also, fast breech-loading artillery. The Zulu bots should have better throwing spear skills. That's just my opinion, though.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 11:43:54 pm »
The spear should fly straighter farther, but the accuracy is damn nice. Same with the speed.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 12:36:38 am »
Since most players and creators of mod are European, obviously there's a bigger interest in GB as it's a lot easier to identify with. But it's not pro-British in the sense that Zulus are made unhistorically worse than they were or that Britain is made OP.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 12:37:52 am »
I'm from the U.S with no Zulu ties at all but prefer them :P.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:11 am »
I honestly find zulu more fun to play in PVP, but UK is fun in Invasion mode.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:23 am »
I think all people who enjoy melee should definetly try playing as the zulus they are honestly more fun to play as. Not to mention the satisfying feeling of throwing a spear into someones face.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 12:35:34 am »
ugh...When I hear people say this mod this pro British. It angers me to the max. I can understand why you would say that cause well the British have guns and Zulus have hide shields and sticks. I understand that can make it sound like its pro Brits. So in hearing that I changed my server to PvP Yesterday "BAC_PvP_Server". After playing about 10maps of 11vs11. Its not unbalanced at all. My regiment went Zulus and kicked the shit out of the brits most of the time. (not to mention we were organised) Then after we were winning most of the time people would leave the server cause they would get their ass kicked? I hear people bitch and bitch about how this mod is pro brits. Maybe if you would stop judging the game cause of bots(which is not a human people). I cant help the facted that people bitch also about the server when its PvP. Learn to Play PvP and dont leave cause you get ur ass kicked or cant play as brits. Also dont suck at meele and rage quit.

I feel as though complain about useless shit when they havent tried to play PvP.
I'd hardly say you kicked the shit out of us most of the time.

VMR OP. ;).

In any case, I believe the mod is rather balanced in it's current state sheerly off that game aswell.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »
ugh...When I hear people say this mod this pro British. It angers me to the max. I can understand why you would say that cause well the British have guns and Zulus have hide shields and sticks. I understand that can make it sound like its pro Brits. So in hearing that I changed my server to PvP Yesterday "BAC_PvP_Server". After playing about 10maps of 11vs11. Its not unbalanced at all. My regiment went Zulus and kicked the shit out of the brits most of the time. (not to mention we were organised) Then after we were winning most of the time people would leave the server cause they would get their ass kicked? I hear people bitch and bitch about how this mod is pro brits. Maybe if you would stop judging the game cause of bots(which is not a human people). I cant help the facted that people bitch also about the server when its PvP. Learn to Play PvP and dont leave cause you get ur ass kicked or cant play as brits. Also dont suck at meele and rage quit.

I feel as though complain about useless shit when they havent tried to play PvP.
I'd hardly say you kicked the shit out of us most of the time.

VMR OP. ;).

In any case, I believe the mod is rather balanced in it's current state sheerly off that game aswell.

actually surprisingly we did. Zulu is easy as hell if you play smart. Use Bushes the bushes for your advantage. So easy to wn against brits. I wont say we won everytime but most of the time we did and it was great.
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »
Zulus are great if you use them right. Throwing spears, hidding in the darkness. Then using that sword and raping them. Too many servers with bots, one guy had it on his server, that is fine. But when every other server does it makes it upsetting.

Offline av3ng3r

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:31 pm »
Zulus are great if you use them right. Throwing spears, hidding in the darkness. Then using that sword and raping them. Too many servers with bots, one guy had it on his server, that is fine. But when every other server does it makes it upsetting.

I will try and put up another server with player versus player to see if people will play it.

Offline KarelNL

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 11:34:57 pm »
All this mod needs to do is to get rid of the ridiculous crossmap sniping bots are capable off. Other then that i love playing as both sides. Wether in sieges or open maps it feels right, and for an alpha that is no small feat. Just love flanking them zulu lines with my regiment and ride true their lines lancing a couple of them then turn around as a group and do it again. Just as much as i love chanting Zuluuu in public chat just before we overrun a barricade as zulus! :D

This mod is just made for PVP with one side full of human players who have organised lines with arty and cav support and the other with a couple of humans functioning as a elite group supporting a mob of mindless meatbags.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:15 pm »
All this mod needs to do is to get rid of the ridiculous crossmap sniping bots are capable off. Other then that i love playing as both sides. Wether in sieges or open maps it feels right, and for an alpha that is no small feat. Just love flanking them zulu lines with my regiment and ride true their lines lancing a couple of them then turn around as a group and do it again. Just as much as i love chanting Zuluuu in public chat just before we overrun a barricade as zulus! :D

This mod is just made for PVP with one side full of human players who have organised lines with arty and cav support and the other with a couple of humans functioning as a elite group supporting a mob of mindless meatbags.

They only snipe you because all sharpshooter bots pick a single target and blast away at them till they are dead, they do have extremely poor accuracy, i guess we can reduce it even more next version.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:31 pm »
Pro Zulu bro since it is neglected by the community xD

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Scorpia

• First Lieutenant
  • You know who I am.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Scorpia the Great
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »
Pro Zulu bro since it is neglected by the most community xD