Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 314637 times)

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #615 on: January 14, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »
Can you Change the volume of a Sound just by editing the .txt?
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #616 on: January 15, 2014, 12:20:51 am »
Isn't it possible to just remove the current hat and re-name another hat to your picking to the hat you removed? It shouldn't interfere with the coding/cheating thing I think.

Yeah, but he wanted the 33rd Officer and Ensign hats, since these two units use the default 33rd Stovepipe it can't be done :(
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
  • Side: Union
« Reply #617 on: January 20, 2014, 05:17:02 am »
Hey this is not really a question just kinda want a general  idea of what you guys think. Its the first thing I made on wings 3D.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #618 on: January 20, 2014, 05:45:01 am »
The handle is a little small, but it looks good.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #619 on: January 20, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »
Hey this is not really a question just kinda want a general  idea of what you guys think. Its the first thing I made on wings 3D.

Spoiler
[close]
Not bad. Looks good, I'm guessing around 150 poly?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
« Reply #620 on: January 20, 2014, 06:33:35 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
117 and Im trying to make this when I get better at moddeling
Spoiler
[close]
To replace the light infantry on France. My friend said to start off with making the hat.

Spoiler
[close]
But thats all I have so far Im having an extremely hard time with making this uniform and hat I think Im just gonna keep practicing with more simple stuff before I get  to the advance stuff.

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #621 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:50 pm »
Sorry for not answering here for a while, Iron Europe has been and is keeping me busy. Well, i'll still try to answer your questions.

Can you Change the volume of a Sound just by editing the .txt?

That's just a client-side modification, so you can do that with the Module System in a more straightforward way. Refer to the guide by my buddy Willhelm if you want to get the Module System set up!

Is it possible to make the crosshair static, meaning that it doesn't open when I aim?

Yeah, and that's a client side modification as well. Simply raise the accuracy to... let's say, 150 or 180 (make a few tests, then apply the changes to all the items) . I remember i had done something like this for my regiment, but still nobody ever could hit anything :D , it's a mere visual change and it wont' affect your "skillz" in any way.

I can't remember if you are able to do this or not; but is it possible to give the 33rd Officer + Ensign a different hat to the rankers? And if so, how would you go about doing it - name in the .brf file, etc?

Ignore those guys above, that's possible too, and you wont get kicked by servers if you do it properly. Obviously, if you do it client-sidely only you and all those who have the modified files will be able to see it, but, still better than nothing. There are lots of mods around which modify hats, plumes, pants, etc,...
So, i'll explain it theoretically. I'm not sure you'll understand it, but this is the way you should do it(i'll assume you want to implement the hat of another unit). Make a copy the hat of the unit you want to implement in BRF. Remember the name of the copied hat or eventually rename it to myawesomehat_copy . Now search for the mesh of the hat you want to replace(a list of the different references can be found in module_items.py from the Module System). Okay, once you found the mesh(you could simply search for the mesh you found in module_items with the "Find in Module" function from OpenBRF) DELETE it, or rename it to myoldhat_copy, but save the name of that mesh somewhere, since we're gonna need that in a while. Well, remember that awesomehat_copy? Rename it to what i told you to save from the previous hat. Save the BRF and you should have your beatiful hats in game without getting kicked.
If you want somebody else to see your beautiful new hat assigned to that unit, just give them the BRFs you modified.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #622 on: January 21, 2014, 07:19:30 pm »

Spoiler
[close]
117 and Im trying to make this when I get better at moddeling
Spoiler
[close]
To replace the light infantry on France. My friend said to start off with making the hat.

Spoiler
[close]
But thats all I have so far Im having an extremely hard time with making this uniform and hat I think Im just gonna keep practicing with more simple stuff before I get  to the advance stuff.
Keep at it mate! Just try your best and I agree, start with smaller objects and tinkle with the controls and menu's.
The first modder for NW.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #623 on: January 21, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »
I would also learn, and get used to the hot keys. :D They really come in handy and make the process much more efficient.

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #624 on: January 21, 2014, 08:01:18 pm »
I would also learn, and get used to the hot keys. :D They really come in handy and make the process much more efficient.
If you think Wings has hotkeys, try Blender.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #625 on: January 21, 2014, 10:16:37 pm »
Ignore those guys above, that's possible too, and you wont get kicked by servers if you do it properly. Obviously, if you do it client-sidely only you and all those who have the modified files will be able to see it, but, still better than nothing. There are lots of mods around which modify hats, plumes, pants, etc,...

Although for the 33rd, the officer and ensign share the same shako as the ranker, you'll need to edit the troop's equipment with the module system or the troops.txt file. If you do that you'll get kicked from NW server due to the anti-cheating detection thingy :/ Trust me, if I could have separated the hats for the 33rd rankers and officers I would have done so a long time ago..

However, what you suggested does work for pretty much everything. Just not in this specific case of separating the 33rd officer's shako from the rankers' one.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #626 on: January 22, 2014, 04:51:02 pm »
How does one prevent this from happening?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Frederik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 22, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »
Before you export the model from the modelling program you have to make every face triangulate

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #628 on: January 22, 2014, 08:55:54 pm »
I made the kepi model from scratch.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Frederik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 22, 2014, 08:59:34 pm »
But you export it from the program you used to model it.