Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 315517 times)

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #600 on: January 03, 2014, 06:23:10 am »
How would I go about adding multiple different skins into my game? For example the napoleonic wars enhancement pack, I like it but I don't like all of the skins it uses so how would I go about making my own such pack but with my personal selection of skins?
Bump

Offline fireheart

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2014, 01:38:17 am »
How exactly do you change the clothing of units in the game? I've done it already but for some reason whenever I load a local server to test it, my guy appears naked with nothing in his midsection and the server says it's autokicking me for cheating.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:52 am »
How exactly do you change the clothing of units in the game? I've done it already but for some reason whenever I load a local server to test it, my guy appears naked with nothing in his midsection and the server says it's autokicking me for cheating.

Did you add a full cloth set to the unit? Hat, cloth, pants, boots etc?

Offline fireheart

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 08, 2014, 05:46:49 pm »

Did you add a full cloth set to the unit? Hat, cloth, pants, boots etc?

ah no I didn't. That was why though. Thank you Gokiller.

Offline fireheart

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »
How do you enable a soldier to wield multiple weapons? For some reason when I add an extra weapon to the British soldier's inventory, only one of them shows up.

Code
#Module Troops

["british_infantry","Oda Ashigaru","Foot Soldiers",tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_oda,
   [itm_british_infantry_ranker,itm_french_voltigeur_officer_pants,itm_33_stovepipe,itm_loan_sword,itm_yari],
   def_attrib_multiplayer|level(20),wpex(50,5,130,5,150,5),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_3|knows_athletics_3,swadian_face_middle_1, swadian_face_old_2],

#Module Items

["yari","Oda Yari", [("yari_spear_b",0)], itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm|itp_merchandise| itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_primary|itp_penalty_with_shield|itp_no_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur, itc_lance,
 125 , weight(3.0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70) | weapon_length(258)|swing_damage(0 , blunt) | thrust_damage(30 ,  pierce),imodbits_polearm ],

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #605 on: January 08, 2014, 07:56:08 pm »
How do you enable a soldier to wield multiple weapons? For some reason when I add an extra weapon to the British soldier's inventory, only one of them shows up.

Code
#Module Troops

["british_infantry","Oda Ashigaru","Foot Soldiers",tf_guarantee_all,0,0,fac_oda,
   [itm_british_infantry_ranker,itm_french_voltigeur_officer_pants,itm_33_stovepipe,itm_loan_sword,itm_yari],
   def_attrib_multiplayer|level(20),wpex(50,5,130,5,150,5),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_3|knows_athletics_3,swadian_face_middle_1, swadian_face_old_2],

#Module Items

["yari","Oda Yari", [("yari_spear_b",0)], itp_has_upper_stab|itp_type_polearm|itp_merchandise| itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_primary|itp_penalty_with_shield|itp_no_parry|itp_two_handed|itp_is_pike|itp_no_blur, itc_lance,
 125 , weight(3.0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70) | weapon_length(258)|swing_damage(0 , blunt) | thrust_damage(30 ,  pierce),imodbits_polearm ],

Where's the loan sword in module_items? And are you sure it's in one of the brfs?

Offline fireheart

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 08, 2014, 08:01:46 pm »

Code
#Module Troops

#Module Items

Where's the loan sword in module_items? And are you sure it's in one of the brfs?
The Sword works fine, it's the spear I have problems with. The problem is that I can't get the unit to spawn with both items at once. He originally starts with the sword but if I click another unit in the menu and go back to him, he switches to the yari. I've added screenshots to explain what I mean.

Before I switch to a different unit in the selection screen.
http://gyazo.com/a865ba003cd76248db496eb93d12e427

After
http://gyazo.com/7a0214f7a1418fa978c12b4455088dd3

Offline Sasuau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 73rd_Rgl_John_Edwards
  • Side: Union
« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »
Is it possible to make the crosshair static, meaning that it doesn't open when I aim?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09:46 pm »
Yup

Offline Sasuau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 73rd_Rgl_John_Edwards
« Reply #609 on: January 09, 2014, 02:16:18 pm »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 09, 2014, 02:35:24 pm »
I know it's possible, I don't know how though. :P

Offline DanyEle

• FSE Associate
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #611 on: January 09, 2014, 04:36:38 pm »
Easy as a pie, but would you do this with Text files or the module system? I'd recommend the second way.

The Sword works fine, it's the spear I have problems with. The problem is that I can't get the unit to spawn with both items at once. He originally starts with the sword but if I click another unit in the menu and go back to him, he switches to the yari. I've added screenshots to explain what I mean.

Before I switch to a different unit in the selection screen.
http://gyazo.com/a865ba003cd76248db496eb93d12e427

After
http://gyazo.com/7a0214f7a1418fa978c12b4455088dd3

I often had similar issues, and that's because the items are the same type(e.g: they are both swords, or muskets, or two handed lightsabers, and so on)

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 14, 2014, 01:02:01 am »
I can't remember if you are able to do this or not; but is it possible to give the 33rd Officer + Ensign a different hat to the rankers? And if so, how would you go about doing it - name in the .brf file, etc?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #613 on: January 14, 2014, 12:37:21 pm »
I can't remember if you are able to do this or not; but is it possible to give the 33rd Officer + Ensign a different hat to the rankers? And if so, how would you go about doing it - name in the .brf file, etc?

Unfortunately this is not possible. There is a way to "assign" a different hat in troops.txt, but if you join a server you will be kicked for cheating with that method (stupid right?).
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 14, 2014, 09:02:29 pm »
Isn't it possible to just remove the current hat and re-name another hat to your picking to the hat you removed? It shouldn't interfere with the coding/cheating thing I think.