Author Topic: Blood and Iron - General discussion.  (Read 271330 times)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Blood and Iron - General discussion.
« Reply #1215 on: June 07, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »
Any chance of pistols being nerfed?
Revolvers are fine as they are. I am sorry if you miss those useless single-shot pistols of the napoleonic wars but this is 1870, wake up.

Whats the difference between the revolvers?
The Dreyse Revolver and Lefaucheux revolver are identical in stats, the Remington differs in being more accurate and more damaging, at the cost of being considerably slower.

And rifle butts?
We can agree on that.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »
Indeed. I'm no historican but I don't think at any battle soldiers attached their bayonet while running. Sounds a bit impossible to me.

Bismarck double post! :o

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 07, 2013, 04:45:54 pm »
Revolvers are fine as they are. I am sorry if you miss those useless single-shot pistols of the napoleonic wars but this is 1870, wake up.

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say "nerfed''. I'm fine with them not being single shot, I'd just like their damage and accuracy lowered a bit to account for balance. Extreme realism is not always good, this is a game, not real life and there are plenty of other factors in the game that make it unrealistic. If he was trying to make it 100% realistic he would have made it so you get tired after running a little while, you could die of hunger and thirst, you could die instantly from being run over by a horse, and a bunch of other stuff that would not be quite as fun in a casual game like this. It's not always appropriate to sacrifice fun and balance for realism.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 07, 2013, 04:53:56 pm »

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean when I say "nerfed''. I'm fine with them not being single shot, I'd just like their damage and accuracy lowered a bit to account for balance. Extreme realism is not always good, this is a game, not real life and there are plenty of other factors in the game that make it unrealistic. If he was trying to make it 100% realistic he would have made it so you get tired after running a little while, you could die of hunger and thirst, you could die instantly from being run over by a horse, and a bunch of other stuff that would not be quite as fun in a casual game like this. It's not always appropriate to sacrifice fun and balance for realism.
That revolvers among other weapons are as they were in real life is not extreme realism but the necessary to accurately represent one of the last wars fought in the european continent in the late 19th century. However, lowering the damage of the revolvers wouldn't hurt, anyway.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1219 on: June 07, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »
I think i will reduce the range of the revolvers, currently they seem to be able to kill long distance, i don't think i'll change the accuracy or damage, i'll just make them have a shorter effective range by lowering the velocity.
So they become more of a personal defense weapon.

I want to make it possible to crouch and fix bayonet, but not run, i think that you should be fairly vulnerable when fixing it.

I'm also going to make it possible to spawn with a bayonet attached if you want.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1220 on: June 07, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »
I think i will reduce the range of the revolvers, currently they seem to be able to kill long distance, i don't think i'll change the accuracy or damage, i'll just make them have a shorter effective range by lowering the velocity.

I want to make it possible to crouch and fix bayonet, but not run, i think that you should be fairly vulnerable when fixing it.

I'm also going to make it possible to spawn with a bayonet attached if you want.

Can't you just cancel the fixing of the bayonet if the character trying to fix it moves? So we're not helpless.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #1221 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »
It isn't just an animation, it's a script, if the animation was cancelled you'd still end up with a fixed bayonet, which would be completely exploitable. Notice the bayonet appears instantly, before the animation happens even.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #1222 on: June 07, 2013, 08:29:26 pm »
 :-\

Offline Thvle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 08, 2013, 01:53:31 am »
It is possible to improve the script to "fix bayonet" so you can put the bayonet on moving? It's annoying can't move, and stay standing while you put the bayonet.
That's the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen. The command of fix bayonets is given to the soldiers when they are standing in a position not while they are moving.

But it is not realistic that you have to be free standing while watching how you react to charge an enemy with the bayonet, no?

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:24 am »
It isn't just an animation, it's a script, if the animation was cancelled you'd still end up with a fixed bayonet, which would be completely exploitable. Notice the bayonet appears instantly, before the animation happens even.

Just change the script so that it appears at the end.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
« Reply #1225 on: June 08, 2013, 02:04:55 am »
It's not my script and I'm not learned enough to do that, i have tried.

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

« Reply #1226 on: June 08, 2013, 04:02:02 am »

I agree. Revolvers have pretty long range (got to aim a bit higher than a rifle at most ranges) But I think the accuracy/damage should stay same. Doesn't take 5 shots to a kill guy, but you don't always get a 1 shot kill. Revolvers are good atm, but a velocity nerf wouldnt hurt. 

Since were on the topic of accuracy, how bout dem Prussians....  ;)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #1227 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:52 am »
Ask the guys from NW++ they made it appear at the end.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #1228 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:57 pm »
Ask the guys from NW++ they made it appear at the end.

Blood and iron is using the same script as North and South, so there will be an extended script soon I'm sure :)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #1229 on: June 08, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »
 :)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]