Author Topic: Blood and Iron - General discussion.  (Read 271334 times)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
You can really see the influence that French uniforms at the time had on American civil war uniforms. It's interesting to see how the two countries have interwoven their cultures throughout the years.

I agree. I made a post about this, maybe on this thread. If I find it, I'll quote it. Just an interesting little opinion about the French-American influences throughout the years.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
You can really see the influence that French uniforms at the time had on American civil war uniforms. It's interesting to see how the two countries have interwoven their cultures throughout the years.

I agree. I made a post about this, maybe on this thread. If I find it, I'll quote it. Just an interesting little opinion about the French-American influences throughout the years.

Yes I saw that post and I was thinking about it when I wrote it ;D

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile

By 'interweave' I assume you mean a wholesale copying of one by the other.

Offline ProfTournesol

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Yep, French uniforms influenced US ACW ones, but then, during FPW, US uniforms did influence French ones...

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
I've moved house so no Internet for a couple of days, still working on the mod though, I am very near to completing all French units.

Offline genie

• First Lieutenant
  • Génie
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Nice :)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
I am curious, when you are done this mod will you be taking a break or moving onto another project?

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

I still can remember when this mod only had 10 pages. It's good to see the progress has been continued and fast. Thanks you for this, Wilhelm.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy

I still can remember when this mod only had 10 pages. It's good to see the progress has been continued and fast. Thanks you for this, Wilhelm.

I could not agree more :)

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
No problem, just a few things a day and a mod comes together quickly.

I am curious, when you are done this mod will you be taking a break or moving onto another project?

Probably quit and try to mod more advanced games, or mod M&B2, it would be cool to make one of the first firearm based mods for Bannerlord.
Spoiler
Or i could try to mod BCoF into a Franco Prussian war game
[close]

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
No problem, just a few things a day and a mod comes together quickly.

Probably quit and try to mod more advanced games, or mod M&B2, it would be cool to make one of the first firearm based mods for Bannerlord.
Spoiler
Or i could try to mod BCoF into a Franco Prussian war game
[close]
I'm with ya there. Of course the engine is different. Not sure how it's going to be when modding it.
The first modder for NW.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
You gents assume that modding will be available from release.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
'Course not. I doubt it would be easy. I would have to look around first in the folder. See what secret lies in there.
*Open BCoF folder, finds some pron picture of blob* :D
The first modder for NW.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
May I suggest taking a break and maybe helping the Crimean War guys out on the side?

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
May I suggest taking a break and maybe helping the Crimean War guys out on the side?

Actually, that would be a great idea to do after you finish this mod. They need help.