Author Topic: Blood and Iron - General discussion.  (Read 271325 times)

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Blood and Iron - A Franco-Prussian War mod. (Update page 50)
« Reply #825 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:49 am »
I dont see the need for an open beta. It's easy to get a small game going, and even though I havent been at any, the events are great for testing.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 30, 2013, 01:05:15 am »
I dont see the need for an open beta. It's easy to get a small game going, and even though I havent been at any, the events are great for testing.

Oh, of course you don't see the need for an open beta, you are in the credits.  ;)

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #827 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:56 am »
I do think the beta should be closes, and here's why:

1. Keeping a closed beta keep the excitement for other people who have not gotten in. They still have to wait, and their intent to play the mod upon release only increases.
2. Opening the beta will make it seem like a full release. That's bad. Updates to the mod won't feel like updates, rather patches.
3. An open beta will have a larger effect on the people who play the mod. Often towards the negative. They may play the beta so much, they'll over do it, and then you'll have another Anglo-Zulu War mod situation.
4. Having a closed beta allows for more focused reports about bugs and what not, and an open beta is just going to be swarmed with people who want to play, rather than help the mod.

The beta, in my opinion, needs to remain closed. However, simply invite a few more regiments, at least a couple NA regiments, make a NA server from one of the current "Official_EU" servers that no one uses. With this, you'll now have a new community to test, and give reports on the mod before a full vanilla release. The [Nr1-Leib] I'm sure would be excellent addition to a close beta. We're a larger NA community, so we'll be able to give you more feedback with the updates before the vanilla release.

Hope all is well with the current updates, Willhelm. I personally am enjoying the mod very much, and have asked you some questions, and made suggestions in-game already. I've been under a few names so far, so I doubt you'll remember me all that well. :P

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2013, 01:21:57 am »

Oh, of course you don't see the need for an open beta, you are in the credits.  ;)
Naturally. ;D

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 30, 2013, 01:24:39 am »
I do think the beta should be closes, and here's why:

1. Keeping a closed beta keep the excitement for other people who have not gotten in. They still have to wait, and their intent to play the mod upon release only increases.
2. Opening the beta will make it seem like a full release. That's bad. Updates to the mod won't feel like updates, rather patches.
3. An open beta will have a larger effect on the people who play the mod. Often towards the negative. They may play the beta so much, they'll over do it, and then you'll have another Anglo-Zulu War mod situation.
4. Having a closed beta allows for more focused reports about bugs and what not, and an open beta is just going to be swarmed with people who want to play, rather than help the mod.

The beta, in my opinion, needs to remain closed. However, simply invite a few more regiments, at least a couple NA regiments, make a NA server from one of the current "Official_EU" servers that no one uses. With this, you'll now have a new community to test, and give reports on the mod before a full vanilla release. The [Nr1-Leib] I'm sure would be excellent addition to a close beta. We're a larger NA community, so we'll be able to give you more feedback with the updates before the vanilla release.

Hope all is well with the current updates, Willhelm. I personally am enjoying the mod very much, and have asked you some questions, and made suggestions in-game already. I've been under a few names so far, so I doubt you'll remember me all that well. :P

If the time of waiting is long then the excitement of the people will decrease instead of increasing.
You should add this in your reasons,

Naturally. ;D

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #830 on: April 30, 2013, 07:45:45 am »
I have to agree with Petschie on this one. Keep it closed, fix what needs to be fixed.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 30, 2013, 07:51:16 am »
As a closed alpha tester I can say for certain it should stay closed. The nod shows huge potential and it is already fun but it still needs much to go.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:20 am »
Join TS you numpty.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:35 am »
in bed bro
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 30, 2013, 08:24:00 am »
Let me tuck you in, bb.

:c

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #835 on: April 30, 2013, 11:39:25 am »
keeping it closed will decrease the excitement for the mod? bitch please by teasing the audience with updates the excitement will stay there.

For example look at Iron Europe been in developement for quite some time now and everytime Rigadoon releases an update everybody wets their pants in excitement.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #836 on: April 30, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »
Alright, I've decided to keep it closed and wait until it's finished.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #837 on: April 30, 2013, 02:05:02 pm »
For example look at Iron Europe been in developement for quite some time now and everytime Rigadoon releases an update everybody wets their pants in excitement.

That's because we know the mod won't ever be released...  ;)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 30, 2013, 02:53:23 pm »

That's because we know the mod won't ever be released...  ;)

That. ^

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #839 on: April 30, 2013, 03:00:13 pm »
Alright, I've decided to keep it closed and wait until it's finished.
Really sympathetic of you. *Thumbs up*