Author Topic: Newbie needing help!  (Read 1850 times)

Offline FitzHughLee

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Newbie needing help!
« on: December 12, 2015, 07:43:52 pm »
Hello everyone, just saw a youtube broadcasting of a massive Civil War battle using this particular mod (or an earlier version). I'd love to join in, but I'm having a lot of difficulty knowing where to spend my money. If I get Mount and Blade: Warband on steam, can I play this mod? Or do I need to buy it separately from steam? Do I also need Napoleonic Wars? How do I get involved in this community?

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Newbie needing help!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 07:47:06 pm »
How do I get involved in this community?

Run away while you still can.

Seriously though, you have to buy M&B Warband and then the Napoleonic Wars expansion, then download the mod (free).

Might be worth waiting for the steam sale if it isn't on sale right now (usually goes to 75-80% off).

You should also be aware FSE is going to be releasing Battle Cry of Freedom at some point in the near-ish future. Its a standalone Civil War game from the devs of NW. There's also War of Rights coming out soon, another similar standalone ACW game (by the devs of North and South). Both these games are in alpha and will replace North and South
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:51:57 pm by junedragon »
Why am I still here

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »
If you are north american, add this guy on steam -> https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059976469

They do those events several times a week and bring 15+ guys. If you are EU, I am not sure what the state of the European North and South community is
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline GovernerPancake

• Second Lieutenant
  • Pancakes <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:53:15 pm »
If you are north american, add this guy on steam -> https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059976469

They do those events several times a week and bring 15+ guys. If you are EU, I am not sure what the state of the European North and South community is

There are lots of friendly, big EU NaS regiments around, go onto public servers at around 6 GMT and you will find plenty, I myself am 2nd in command of a regiment myself.

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:45:39 pm »

There are lots of friendly, big EU NaS regiments around, go onto public servers at around 6 GMT and you will find plenty, I myself am 2nd in command of a regiment myself.
gr8 gr4mm3r m8

Offline Colonel Francis

• Second Lieutenant
  • 5th Georgia Best Georgia
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
  • Nick: Francis
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 08:29:07 am »
There are plenty of regiments around to choose. If you enjoy the Civil War history and see a regiment that sees your interest it would be best to choose that. Union or Confederate there are plenty to see. If your are looking for a specific regiment, I can help you contact them  :)

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »
if you NA buy, mount and blade warband with the Napolionic wars dlc, download NaS and message 1stDE_TheDoctor on steam and I will get you in these massive civil war battles as faast as you download the game XD
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout