Author Topic: A Question for the Community  (Read 5546 times)

AntonioTheWorstAtMelee

Re: A Question for the Community
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 07:09:56 am »
This may just be me:

But do you find it annoying to see new versions of regiments that left behind certain legacies? Such as if the 92nd were to disband and another rose in it's place?

Or on the NA side the 3evolt disband, and a new one rises? 63e? 60th?

I created the 9y with a few others and I see the new version on NA1 all the time now. Quite frequently playing lancer, running into rocks, screaming in all chat about how pro they are as they hang a 1-4 on the leaderboards etc. And it's basically some kids using the tags to troll the server.

While some will call the original 9y trolls, we had a certain level of skill and it just makes me sad to see how the name has been dragged through the mud by these guys.

Before you post I know there is nothing I can do to stop it. I gave up the name, thus I gave up the rights. But it is slightly annoying. Call it a pet peeve more than anything.

3e are pub trash y immitate (*tips to gramnab*)

and rogelio 9y was extra snip trash, but 9th rifles always have a spot for you mack.  you can blow my horn all day bbg
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:53:09 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline 16thUhlans Col Witchking

• Corporal
  • Our regiment has the best uniforms
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 07:03:43 pm »
The community is a free and sometimes savage place we must accept what happens and ethier fight it or learn to live with it my friend

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 02:58:29 am »
Quite recently a fellow by the name EdwardTheGreat tried making a regiment with the 9y name. Good thing he changed his name after I lectured him on how that name is sensitive to the community.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:00:08 am by PurplePanda »

Offline ChaBoy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #ChaBoyisGOAT2015
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 04:50:12 am »
i say its fine if the new one lets people kind of forget the other old version. I mean it seems you were waiting for that regiment to disband so you could make your own under that name if you start a new one immediately after the old one disbands.
I am the GOAT

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:04 am »
I find it silly to have name restrictions in a game.. Other then having the exact same name since that would cause confusion of course.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 02:12:04 pm »
I find it silly to have name restrictions in a game.. Other then having the exact same name since that would cause confusion of course.

Honestly I feel the name restriction thing is silly and shouldn't be allowed. I believe there was a whole dustup last year about this issue.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:15:09 pm by MackCW »

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 05:31:35 pm »
The name restriction thing is an urban forum legend. We can barely enforce it in these forum, let alone outside them. We only step in when the griefing and drama gets to felt meltingly levels of embarassment for all sides.

Basically, we might as well moderate gravity from happening or uphold officer aiming rules in a line battle (hahah).

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »
Its a free place the internet and if someone wants to name themselves 9y or another name used by another regiment they can who has the right to tell them they cant? The admins? Lol banning from the fse in my opinion isnt going to stop someone so my advice to the pricks (no offense) is to grow up and get over the fact that they cant control everyone in the community when that happens the community will be a better place

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 04:24:37 pm »
Its a free place the internet and if someone wants to name themselves 9y or another name used by another regiment they can who has the right to tell them they cant? The admins? Lol banning from the fse in my opinion isnt going to stop someone so my advice to the pricks (no offense) is to grow up and get over the fact that they cant control everyone in the community when that happens the community will be a better place

Coming from a 15 year old man, this is great advice.

so my advice to the pricks (no offense)

Lol
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:30:04 pm by MackCW »

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 04:34:04 pm »
And again I see we have found one of those butthurt guys who gets mad that someone is using his name in a game lol your mature mate real mature I love seeing people rage over computer games and act like there badasses who can change the way others play the game the answer to the auestion is that pricks are weighing down the community andccausing it to die faster everyone takes the game way to seriously and ruins it for the casual gamers were all proud of you for adding another injury to this already wounded community

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
And again I see we have found one of those butthurt guys who gets mad that someone is using his name in a game lol your mature mate real mature I love seeing people rage over computer games and act like there badasses who can change the way others play the game the answer to the auestion is that pricks are weighing down the community andccausing it to die faster everyone takes the game way to seriously and ruins it for the casual gamers were all proud of you for adding another injury to this already wounded community
You are the epitemy of autism.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 04:50:08 pm »
Well, the main issue is respect for those that came before, and being able to bring honour to the name, and unless a regiment already has a significant base, banning all of them from FSE and not acknowledging their name as belonging to them certainty does go a long way to the failure of the regiment.

Please, just stop. No, Mack is not a butthurt that is upset because he can't control the Internet, he's just a bit annoyed that the history of the fantastic 9y could be overwritten and forgotten from common knowledge if another group takes up the name and doesn't live up to it.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 04:59:40 pm »
Certain names should be left alone. Ex 9y, 91st, 51st,  etc.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:42 pm »

Before you post I know there is nothing I can do to stop it. I gave up the name, thus I gave up the rights. But it is slightly annoying. Call it a pet peeve more than anything.

And check him out:

Spoiler
[close]

Certain names should be left alone. Ex 9y, 91st, 51st,  etc.

While I appreciate that, I don't care if someone else takes it. It is just slightly annoying that people are using it to troll servers. That is what is annoying.

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »
I think Mack would agree with me that if someone takes the name of the 9y, and they are legitimately trying to form a good regiment, then there would be no problem from anyone of the former 9y. The problem, however, comes when someone takes a name and deliberately trolls/makes a bad name for themselves while using tags that previously were held dear by some people in the community.

Not saying there should be rules or some kind of intervention, but I sympathize with Mack's disappointment.
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.