Author Topic: Friedrich's Mapping Forge [3 Downloads / New Map]  (Read 60298 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Friedrich's Mapping Forge [3 Downloads / New Map]
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2013, 03:30:37 pm »
They look different, of course. But the NW walls look in a way too polished and are fully destroyable. But that would be looking a bit weird with a mountain monastery! ;)

*puts hands up* I  am innocent, not ur fault :), would have been nice if Vince retextured them or something though ;p
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2013, 01:25:41 pm »
Ye, a bit more variety in the textures would be fine! :(

Every wall looks like just finished builded or cleaned with soap.

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
There are a few decals ingame that can bring a bit of variety for the walls, I think they're called something like "destruction_a" and "_b".

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 08:58:30 pm »
Progress!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »
2 questions to the master.

1. How do you disable explosives?
2. Can you make Castle_Door's stronger?

Please answer ASAP  :-*
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »
1. Place "mm_disable_explosives" on the map. It's an invisible prop. If you want to delete it, you have to find it in the prop list on the left. Or you have to place a lucky klick! :P
2. Nope. It seems to depend on how many players are on the map. When I test it on my PC, I need only 2-3 hits but in regular MP it's >5 hits.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2013, 04:26:31 pm »
1. Place "mm_disable_explosives" on the map. It's an invisible prop. If you want to delete it, you have to find it in the prop list on the left. Or you have to place a lucky klick! :P
2. Nope. It seems to depend on how many players are on the map. When I test it on my PC, I need only 2-3 hits but in regular MP it's >5 hits.

Thankyou very much master Obi_Wan_KeFriedrich #lal

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2013, 01:34:23 am »
Friedrich is back!

So, what I was working on the last days (in my spare time), I'll show you!
As most people know, all my siege maps are now official through the new patch. But FSE re-edited some, especially Siege of Toulon and Citadelle Napoleon completly different to Naval Siege ones. Probably that are really nice ideas, but imo and knowing due live practise on 84e Siege Server these changes didn't work well with the average siege setup. So that's why I re-edited them again (because they're something like childs to me, and I need to care about my childs).

For the entry:
The biggest problems for attackers are, that they're 90% not able to reach the beaches/walls of the forts. The distance between the Frigates to the defender points are simply too long. Most boats get sunk by one cannon ball or the crew get easily anihilated by a ricochet shot.

Let's watch what I tried to fix:

First of all, I changed the possible landing places for invading boats. That reduces a lot the distance attackers need to cross with the their tiny boats. So they're not any more so long under the cannon's eyes.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Second, I changed the Frigates armamament to a standard: all of them have now 5 cannons (1 swievel gun, 4 naval guns) and a mortar.
Spoiler
[close]

On Citadelle Napoleon I changed also the place for one Frigate more close to the 2nd one. It seems, that spawn entry clusters/Frigates to far away from each other causes crashes and let most people spawn on 1 Frigate (the one with entry point 32). Additional, it's a unwritten rule not to place entry points of one team between the ones of the other team, what actual is fact on the maps contained in the patch. (2 other frigate props on the map are just cosmetic and have no effect on gameplay, as you can see here in the background)
Spoiler
[close]

On Siege of Toulon a lowered around the outer walls the terrain, to make it more easyer to hit them by attackers guns, but also to make it more realistic when you can't look as attacker what is happening inside the fort walls. This old feature is an heritage of old MM times, when I created the map. I was a newbe in mapping and couldn't put as much efforts in placing fancy looking walls as I now do. Additional I made some cosmetics here! FSE just placed some fort cannons pointing over the wall crown, I made some fancy artillery postions on the chemin de ronde.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Last but not least I did some cosmetics on the main gates of the forts, to let it look a bit more realistic.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for reading!
Comments are appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:42:30 am by Friedrich »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2013, 01:43:25 am »
Looks stunning!

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Friedrich's Mapping Forge [3 Downloads]
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2013, 09:56:23 pm »
Oops, I do it again:

After nearly 8 month I worked again a bit on the map:

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:49 pm »
You're repeating yourself, Dekkers!  ;D

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 11:19:27 am »
Haha friedrich did I made you do that?  :D      Look's very good, as always.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2013, 01:32:07 pm »
I have 1 question. Where do you get your inspiration from? From what sort of maps you make?