Author Topic: Regimental Thread (Iron Europe - WW1 Mod)  (Read 106877 times)

Offline Diplex

• Vital Supporter
  • Colonel Edward B. Fowler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Regimental Thread (Iron Europe - WW1 Mod)
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2013, 11:40:21 pm »
Will be updating this list soon again.

Offline sodaman

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:51 am »
Can I request that all Australian regiments be classified under Australia? not the British Empire because we were our own country before World War 1, would you be able to change this??

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »
Can I request that all Australian regiments be classified under Australia? not the British Empire because we were our own country before World War 1, would you be able to change this??

You were only made independent in 1901 in the same way Scotland is independent at the moment. It wasn't until 1931 that you were allowed actual control over military and foreign affairs.

Learn your own history before making silly requests.

Offline sodaman

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2013, 10:01:37 pm »
Yes that may be, but they didn't call us British on the battlefield, they called us Australians. They didn't say, oh look, its the charge of the British Light Horse Brigade... If our Independence was in 1901, that still means that we are our own country, even Belgium has a spot on the list for its 'one' regiment.. I think Australia can have its own one too regardless if we were ordered by the British. We also lost thousands of men on the western front and at Gallipoli including my great great grandfather, so I think our country has done enough to have its own spot and class..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:06:15 pm by sodaman »

Offline Emperor Napoleon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1erMar/IrishNap
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2013, 10:08:51 pm »
Yes that may be, but they didn't call us British on the battlefield, they called us Australians. They didn't say, oh look, its the charge of the British Light Horse Brigade... If our Independence was in 1901, that still means that we are our own country, even Belgium has a spot on the list for its 'one' regiment.. I think Australia can have its own one too regardless if we were ordered by the British. We also lost thousands of men on the western front and at Gallipoli including my great great grandfather, so I think our country has done enough to have its own spot and class..
I agree with the Aussi here. And Jezza, is it me or are you very snobby when it comes to other Nations and Britain... Me no likey that

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:50 pm »
Australian ANZAC divisions were part of the British Army, so should stay that way in the list.

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skullzdeath
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14:07 am »

You were only made independent in 1901 in the same way Scotland is independent at the moment. It wasn't until 1931 that you were allowed actual control over military and foreign affairs.

Learn your own history before making silly requests.
Only reason Australia was in WWI is because we wanted to prove ourselves to the Commonwealth.

Australian ANZAC divisions were part of the British Army, so should stay that way in the list.
Australian New Zealand Army Corp...I don't see any British name there, we did a tonne as well, so we deserve it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:16:13 am by Skullzdeath »

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:40 am »
Australian New Zealand Army Corp...I don't see any British name there, we did a tonne as well, so we deserve it.

Hmm... Corps of what, I wonder? ::)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/II_ANZAC_Corps
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2013, 12:31:03 am »

ANZAC job = piss of the Poms.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2013, 12:35:50 am »
ANZAC = Americans N Zealander Assault Choppaz.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2013, 12:39:28 am »

And now it comes to derogatory nicknames for the British. A standard for somebody who can't think of a decent argument.
I hope you're not too blinded by Patriotism to see that the ANZAC was in fact, a part of the British Army.
And us 'Poms' did a hell of a lot more than the ANZAC, in both World Wars.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:24 am »
There was also the I ANZAC, but they served on the Western Front, which this mod is set in. So I think that's what the Aussies are looking for.

But they shouldn't have their own faction. I'm all for them having their own class within the Commonwealth troop list.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rejestone

• Second Lieutenant
  • Für das Vaterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2013, 12:45:24 am »
Spoiler

And now it comes to derogatory nicknames for the British. A standard for somebody who can't think of a decent argument.
I hope you're not too blinded by Patriotism to see that the ANZAC was in fact, a part of the British Army.
[close]
You sure as hell didn't help us in WWII, and Poms is a military name for the British, Yanks = Americans, Frogs = French, it's not an insult.

There was also the I ANZAC, but they served on the Western Front, which this mod is set in. So I think that's what the Aussies are looking for.

But they shouldn't have their own faction. I'm all for them having their own class within the Commonwealth troop list.
And i don't care about having our own Faction, but at least a class for it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:49:51 am by Skullzdeath »

Offline Londnred

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:24 am »
Only time I've ever heard an Australian using that was in an attempt to insult the British.

You sure as hell didn't help us in WWII, and Poms is a military name for the British, Yanks = Americans, Frogs = French, it's not an insult.

Offline SBetz30

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 29th_Gren_Pte_SBetz
« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2013, 05:42:13 am »
-
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:33:42 am by SBetz30 »