Author Topic: 7NA_Groopfootin - New Thread (New Management)  (Read 85942 times)

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 7NA_Groopfootin - New Thread (New Management)
« Reply #600 on: December 11, 2013, 01:38:07 am »
Our servers been lagging yesterday and today because some really cool kid is DDOSing us.

Its the whole Blue Fang dallas server.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3eVolt
  • Side: Union
« Reply #601 on: December 11, 2013, 01:41:07 am »
Our servers been lagging yesterday and today because some really cool kid is DDOSing us.

Its specifically targeting our server box only. It's against the 7NA

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:04 am »

Its specifically targeting our server box only. It's against the 7NA

Ah, fun. Misunderstood josh then lol.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:16 am »
Well shit lol. Can Bluefang do anything?

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 11, 2013, 02:08:41 am »
We can purchase DDOS protection but it costs $50 PER server. (Meaning TS would be $50, groopfootin would be another $50, 7NA_Official would be another $50, etc)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #605 on: December 11, 2013, 03:32:15 am »
Counter DDos is my recommendation, get Jay from 12th, he's good at that.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 11, 2013, 03:46:49 am »
We can purchase DDOS protection but it costs $50 PER server. (Meaning TS would be $50, groopfootin would be another $50, 7NA_Official would be another $50, etc)

You could always pull the "Help us or we move to another provider" card.

Offline Sivart

• Private
  • Leader of the 13te.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:34 am »
Also what does everyone think of allowing swords?

I personally would love that. I enjoy sword fighting. But others may think of it as an imbalance.

I don't see pistols being a problem. Not anymore of a problem than people shooting muskets.

Also, you should be able to set number of Captains per unit. So you could set it to 2 and there would be a max of 6 or 8 captains for most factions. or you could set it to 1 for less.

As a side note, maybe look into NFO hosting for a server. I had a ddos attack happen and they took care of it immediately. It may be more than what you pay for now though. And I'm not sure if it's the type of server you're looking for. But I have a 200 man event hosted on my server twice a week with no problems.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 11, 2013, 05:25:08 am »

I personally would love that. I enjoy sword fighting. But others may think of it as an imbalance.

I don't see pistols being a problem. Not anymore of a problem than people shooting muskets.

Also, you should be able to set number of Captains per unit. So you could set it to 2 and there would be a max of 6 or 8 captains for most factions. or you could set it to 1 for less.

As a side note, maybe look into NFO hosting for a server. I had a ddos attack happen and they took care of it immediately. It may be more than what you pay for now though. And I'm not sure if it's the type of server you're looking for. But I have a 200 man event hosted on my server twice a week with no problems.

I think maybe if we set a limit to the number of officers on a team it would work.

Offline gedizz

• First Sergeant
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gedizz
« Reply #609 on: December 11, 2013, 06:35:10 am »

I believe NFO doesn't support mount and blade as a game. You could rent a VPS though for pretty cheap and get better performance and free ddos protection.

Offline Grimsight

• Donator
  • ᴅɪꜱʀᴇꜱᴩᴇᴄᴛ_Yᴏᴜʀ_ᴍᴇᴍᴇꜱ
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 11, 2013, 06:36:53 am »
I think maybe if we set a limit to the number of officers on a team it would work.

Can't limit the amount of officers per team sadly, only per unit

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »
I'm personally against the use of swords in groupfighting, simply because it takes the bayonet vs. bayonet practice out of it. If we did allow swords, I would say no more than one officer per unit.

Offline Sivart

• Private
  • Leader of the 13te.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »

I believe NFO doesn't support mount and blade as a game. You could rent a VPS though for pretty cheap and get better performance and free ddos protection.

You would have to rent a VDS from them. It allows you to control the server through Remote Desktop so it makes it very easy. And you could run your teamspeak on with it.

Offline gedizz

• First Sergeant
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take."
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gedizz
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2013, 10:41:33 pm »

You would have to rent a VDS from them. It allows you to control the server through Remote Desktop so it makes it very easy. And you could run your teamspeak on with it.

Their single core plan can easily hold a teamspeak and about 60 players in game too

Offline Thompson

• Sergeant
  • The South will Rise again. Thompson Best VA.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Thompson
« Reply #614 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:22 pm »

Maybe allow for just one sword but I have a feeling people will abuse it and a whole team will go swords or use the pistol.

Well the maximum would basically be how many line infantry units there are. so for example france has 4 line units so they would be able to have 4 swordsmen. I can't get it any lower as far as I know

Well, when I do get on Groopfootin I prefer to practice bayonets, not my sword skills. If I want that I go to NA_1 or something.
please add swords yo

I am a troll, for the resons of reforming a nation wide union of. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and long sex with your mothers. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. But I will find you, and I will troll you.