Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942569 times)

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #4485 on: May 06, 2014, 03:38:58 am »
However you must admit, this is a league to test regiments on a number of different things;

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,
and ofcourse its stability.

If you allow people to be in several regiments, you aren't really testing those. What your testing is a group that has been made for this specific event. Hardly a true representation which a league should present.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4486 on: May 06, 2014, 03:45:54 am »
If you allow people to be in several regiments, you aren't really testing those. What your testing is a group that has been made for this specific event. Hardly a true representation which a league should present.

Well equally the league is shooting itself in the foot if it wants to get deeply involved in player's individual political situations in the community. The league's just started and there's already been a debacle over the 'double-regging' thing. There'll never be an outcome to these arguments where both sides agree, because with such a rule the tournament doesn't cater to the reality of the community's situation; that players sleep around with different regiments and different tags and it'll never change. Regiment armies are an example of an unorthodox 'group', if they're acceptable then these other minor 'doubleregger' situations ought to be surely? I just think there would be a lot less tears if the rule was kept simple and indiscriminant.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:47:41 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4487 on: May 06, 2014, 03:48:41 am »
However you must admit, this is a league to test regiments on a number of different things;

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,

This whole debate started about NA players being in an EU regiment, So they should atleast be tied to one EU regiment if they do play with them regularly, so they will only be in one regiment in NWL
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: May 06, 2014, 03:59:45 am »
This whole debate started about NA players being in an EU regiment, So they should atleast be tied to one EU regiment if they do play with them regularly, so they will only be in one regiment in NWL

Doubleregger was used. Now its up to the organizers to sort out how they will enforce this rule. Is it up to you to ask if the opponents are using them before the 1v1 starts, or is it up to the regiment that is using doublereggers to ask beforehand if they may use them. It will be a decision of great importance for the future of this league imo. Allow it or not, and how the rule should be enforced.

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,

what Pride said

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: May 06, 2014, 04:13:39 am »
I don't understand what the problem is, it would be a problem, say if I was in the 17e and Nr24 at the same time, two regiments that are both competing in the NWL, but neither Marceux or I or in two EU regiments, just one NA and one EU regiment.

The phrasing is what is troubling to me:

- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

Why do I have to be accepted to play in a league match if I am not double regimenting? I'm not in 2 EU regiments, I'm only in one.

- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

Why should this apply to a person that is only in one EU regiment and one NA regiment? As I said before, it's not like we are in two EU regiments that are competing, so I don't see what the problem is.

You need to fix that phrasing if you decide to allow NA players who are in one NA and one EU regiment to participate in the match.
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #4490 on: May 06, 2014, 04:20:37 am »
Did you not read anything prior? You are double regging, count how many regiments you are in in this game, 2.  Nr.24 and 2te lol, and to the organizers thats not allowed, as I said a ton of times before its how they restrict/maintain that based off of complaints (for eu double reggers/na in eu regs/ etc..)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #4491 on: May 06, 2014, 04:21:38 am »

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,

But you are implying that NA members are not a real part of an EU regiment. This is very wrong and could not be farther from the truth. I consider my EU regiment just as serious and important as my NA regiment. I attend daily events and partake in everything we do. If you face my EU regiment (18e) in a linebattle we would have NA members. So therefore facing us (18e) in a NWL match would still result in an accurate representation of what and who we are as a regiment regardless if some of our NA members are present or not.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #4492 on: May 06, 2014, 04:23:31 am »
I don't understand what the problem is, it would be a problem, say if I was in the 17e and Nr24 at the same time, two regiments that are both competing in the NWL, but neither Marceux or I or in two EU regiments, just one NA and one EU regiment.

The phrasing is what is troubling to me:

Why do I have to be accepted to play in a league match if I am not double regimenting? I'm not in 2 EU regiments, I'm only in one.

Why should this apply to a person that is only in one EU regiment and one NA regiment? As I said before, it's not like we are in two EU regiments that are competing, so I don't see what the problem is.

You need to fix that phrasing if you decide to allow NA players who are in one NA and one EU regiment to participate in the match.

+1
Nuff said.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: May 06, 2014, 04:24:04 am »
Did you not read anything prior? You are double regging, count how many regiments you are in in this game, 2.  Nr.24 and 2te lol, and to the organizers thats not allowed, as I said a ton of times before its how they restrict/maintain that based off of complaints (for eu double reggers/na in eu regs/ etc..)

The rule says "if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL", the 2te are NA and are not attending the NWL. The problem I am having is the "and the enemy team accepts the doubleregger for the match", as it contradicts the statement before it.
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #4494 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:19 am »

The rule says "if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL", the 2te are NA and are not attending the NWL. The problem I am having is the "and the enemy team accepts the doubleregger for the match", as it contradicts the statement before it.

Dont think they updated that? From my understanding if the other reg complains before hand not to use double reggers then that specific team cannot.  So "just an example" If I said to 18e before our league match do not use double reggers, then presumably 18e would not be allowed to use their NA guys that are in an NA regiment for that lb. (please you can keep them for ours xD) but just an example of what I thought... along with if someone complained against Nr24 not to use double reggers before the lb, you, sleek wouldnt be able to play neither would specimen I guess.  Again just examples, organizers can correct me if i am mistaken

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: May 06, 2014, 04:27:56 am »

That pretty much sums up the issue at hand here, its just a dodgy rule.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: May 06, 2014, 04:31:30 am »

Dont think they updated that? From my understanding if the other reg complains before hand not to use double reggers then that specific team cannot.  So "just an example" If I said to 18e before our league match do not use double reggers, then presumably 18e would not be allowed to use their NA guys that are in an NA regiment for that lb. (please you can keep them for ours xD) but just an example of what I thought... along with if someone complained against Nr24 not to use double reggers before the lb, you, sleek wouldnt be able to play neither would specimen I guess.  Again just examples, organizers can correct me if i am mistaken

That's what I am thinking they mean, but in relation to people who are in two EU regiments, both participating in the NWL, not a person that is in two different regiments, in which only one of them participates in the NWL. That's what I want clarified, what do the organizers consider as doublereggers.

1. A person that is in two regiments, one NA and one EU, in which only the EU participates in the NWL.

or

2. A person that is in two regiments, two EU regiments, in which only one of these regiments participates in the NWL.

The rule isn't clear, as I personally think that double regimenting shouldn't even matter for these two categories, as only one of them is participating in the NWL. The problem would occur if the two regiments the given person is in both participate in the NWL.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:34:00 am by Sleek »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #4497 on: May 06, 2014, 04:39:03 am »
What I don't understand is, the NWL organisers obviously have no problem with double-reggers if only 1 or their regiments is in the league, as we can see in this bit:

"Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL"

Since the organisers have no problem, it's obviously not about 'faireness', because the organisers already see it as fair. So any of you who are disputing the 'fairness' of it have already lost your argument with the rules. Therefore, the only reason this part: "the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match"; exists must be because they wanted to reduce complaints by butthurt regiments. The thing is, this part of the rule has probably produced more complaints and arguments than if it hadn't existed, which is quite ironic. The obvious solution is to then remove that bit of the rule to clear a lot of this up.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:40:42 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #4498 on: May 06, 2014, 04:44:22 am »

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,

But you are implying that NA members are not a real part of an EU regiment. This is very wrong and could not be farther from the truth. I consider my EU regiment just as serious and important as my NA regiment. I attend daily events and partake in everything we do. If you face my EU regiment (18e) in a linebattle we would have NA members. So therefore facing us (18e) in a NWL match would still result in an accurate representation of what and who we are as a regiment regardless if some of our NA members are present or not.

I don't think I implied that at all. I am against the idea of double-regging if you are in the same timezone because that just seems silly to me. The whole being in 2 regiments in two different timezones does make complete scene to me. What I was pointing at in my post was, the people who play in the league team should be 100% members, going to all the regiments events; not just a guy that comes along to NWL matches.

Just to clarify I don't understand why you would be in two different regiments that occupy the same timezone, how on earth can you be fully committed to both of them?  :o

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: May 06, 2014, 04:49:22 am »

Shooting,
Melee,
Attendance,
Team play,
Tactics,

I don't think I implied that at all. I am against the idea of double-regging if you are in the same timezone because that just seems silly to me. The whole being in 2 regiments in two different timezones does make complete scene to me. What I was pointing at in my post was, the people who play in the league team should be 100% members, going to all the regiments events; not just a guy that comes along to NWL matches.

Just to clarify I don't understand why you would be in two different regiments that occupy the same timezone, how on earth can you be fully committed to both of them?  :o

How are the 18e and 4e in the same timezone? The EU event takes place at 2pm EST, while the NA event occurs generally around 8pm EST. I am fully committed to both my regiments, which are in two different time zones.

I misread.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:52:52 am by Sleek »