Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942568 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #4425 on: May 04, 2014, 09:08:22 pm »
Good game 17e, you were better today. Don't know what was up with Nr24 melee today.

NA members were allowed in this event?

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4426 on: May 04, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »
Good game 17e, you were better today. Don't know what was up with Nr24 melee today.

The two leaders talked about it before hand

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4427 on: May 04, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »

Not sure if it was talked about but there were multiple NA players on both sides. I for instance for Nr24 and Batman or Zzehth for 17e.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: May 04, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
Yea i think posh and hekko talked about it after the whole 18e incident

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »
I do not see how it is fair to apply the rule to only some events. Why cant we just get a rule set in place, NA players can play or they cant play.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #4430 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:38 pm »
17e 7-3 Nr.24

Good fight

Sorry for the officer aiming, but every round we shot the Officer we did reset  :-\
Congrats on winning. So far it's looking like the 17e has the best chances winning the championship.

I do not see how it is fair to apply the rule to only some events. Why cant we just get a rule set in place, NA players can play or they cant play.
You might want to stop trying to cause an argument here. It was said by the organizers of this event that it will be discussed via steam. No need to make a scene here now.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: May 04, 2014, 09:12:52 pm »
SD renamed to 30y Poltavskiy Polk (30th_Plvt)
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: May 04, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »
17e 7-3 Nr.24

Good fight

Sorry for the officer aiming, but every round we shot the Officer we did reset  :-\
Congrats on winning. So far it's looking like the 17e has the best chances winning the championship.

You might want to stop trying to cause an argument here. It was said by the organizers of this event that it will be discussed via steam. No need to make a scene here now.

Not trying to argue at all, I just want to know what the official final rule is so that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #4433 on: May 04, 2014, 09:39:07 pm »
GG 17e, end of an era.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Clikenforce

• Captain
  • Roux et supporter de Lens noraj.
    • View Profile
    • 23e Forum
« Reply #4434 on: May 04, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »
17e 7-3 Nr.24

Good fight

Not trying to argue at all, I just want to know what the official final rule is so that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Then go on steam and don't crave attention here.

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
« Reply #4435 on: May 04, 2014, 10:07:19 pm »
17e 7-3 Nr.24

Good fight

Congratulations ;)

Offline timlef

• Second Lieutenant
  • 47th Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timlef
« Reply #4436 on: May 04, 2014, 10:47:58 pm »
22nd 7 - 3 47th

GGWP, you guys fought hard at the end!
  gg, sadly some of the better meleers got shot like 5 rounds D:, but you guys were better.

-Made by RockheadRumple

Offline leonidas-LI

• Sergeant Major
  • ex 92nd_Gren_James_MacGregor ex K-KA_Nr57 Gefr <3
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Leonidas
« Reply #4437 on: May 04, 2014, 10:53:39 pm »
(Ulster) 6- 4 (61GF)

Thanx for all gg!!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: May 05, 2014, 12:11:34 am »
20.- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

If I'm honest I just think you should remove the bold part of this rule. In the context of NWL, if the player only commits to 1 regiment for the tournament then he is by definition Not a 'double-regger'. It should be no concern of an enemy regiment that one of their opposition wears other tags on other days. So long as the player is not playing for more than 1 team within the tournament I don't see any logical argument that can be made to claim that it is somehow 'unfair' that this person is allowed to play. The rules should purely be there to make the tournament as 'fair' as possible, not to delve into the complex world of 'double-regging' or the philosophy of what a regiment actually is, these things need to be pre-defined for the tournament by the organisers.

+1

How can my NA regiment in anyway affect my EU regiment or either community? I am dedicated to them both and they do not conflict with each other at ALL. From my knowledge all players are allowed to be in 1 EU reg and 1 NA reg. So why is it a conflict here? I would imagine its a problem because 25th lost to a regiment with some players that had double their pings and they cant seem to handle it.

If you read the NWL rule about dubbelreggers word for word it seems like it affects every dubbelregger, NA or EU, you still have to have the other teams concent to use them.

I personally think that it should be allowed to use ppl from NA regiments without the other teams concent, due to the ping difference etc its not really that big of an edge using them in the EU NWL(Some of them handle the ping good some doesnt). I would even say its a great way to boost your numbers if you're close to the +15man rule.

But not under any circumstances do I think it should be allowed to use ppl from outside the NWL if they're EU. IMO it defeats the whole purpose of having a league for the EU regiments if you're using ppl from other EU regiments outside the NWL.
You should be committed to the regiment you're representing, end of story. In the end its all about playing a game with friends, training, winning, losing and having fun together representing the regimental name.
Now I can see a point in as an NA playing with an EU regiment aswell to get to know the EU side of the community better etc but representing another EU regiment in a competetive league?
You can play with you friends from other regiments every day of the week in multireg events instead. It does not belong in a competetive league/tournament.

I dont think Liverpool would mind but I definately think Man City would mind if Aston Villa showed up on Wednesday with Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar on the pitch ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:23:55 am by Carolusrex »

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
« Reply #4439 on: May 05, 2014, 12:49:55 am »
20.- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

If I'm honest I just think you should remove the bold part of this rule. In the context of NWL, if the player only commits to 1 regiment for the tournament then he is by definition Not a 'double-regger'. It should be no concern of an enemy regiment that one of their opposition wears other tags on other days. So long as the player is not playing for more than 1 team within the tournament I don't see any logical argument that can be made to claim that it is somehow 'unfair' that this person is allowed to play. The rules should purely be there to make the tournament as 'fair' as possible, not to delve into the complex world of 'double-regging' or the philosophy of what a regiment actually is, these things need to be pre-defined for the tournament by the organisers.

+1

How can my NA regiment in anyway affect my EU regiment or either community? I am dedicated to them both and they do not conflict with each other at ALL. From my knowledge all players are allowed to be in 1 EU reg and 1 NA reg. So why is it a conflict here? I would imagine its a problem because 25th lost to a regiment with some players that had double their pings and they cant seem to handle it.

If you read the NWL rule about dubbelreggers word for word it seems like it affects every dubbelregger, NA or EU, you still have to have the other teams concent to use them.

I personally think that it should be allowed to use ppl from NA regiments without the other teams concent, due to the ping difference etc its not really that big of an edge using them in the EU NWL(Some of them handle the ping good some doesnt). I would even say its a great way to boost your numbers if you're close to the +15man rule.

But not under any circumstances do I think it should be allowed to use ppl from outside the NWL if they're EU. IMO it defeats the whole purpose of having a league for the EU regiments if you're using ppl from other EU regiments outside the NWL.
You should be committed to the regiment you're representing, end of story. In the end its all about playing a game with friends, training, winning, losing and having fun together representing the regimental name.
Now I can see a point in as an NA playing with an EU regiment aswell to get to know the EU side of the community better etc but representing another EU regiment in a competetive league?
You can play with you friends from other regiments every day of the week in multireg events instead. It does not belong in a competetive league/tournament.

I dont think Liverpool would mind but I definately think Man City would mind if Aston Villa showed up on Wednesday with Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar on the pitch ;D

Woww wowww How can you mention the "great" city of Manchester without mentioning the most successful team in Britain? MANCHESTER UNITED