Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942584 times)

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2355 on: January 21, 2014, 11:05:38 pm »
22nd Vs 25th

OK so, our game Vs the 25th went horribly wrong, I made a complaint of which 25th choose a horribly uneven map but I did think that it was a mutual agreement on which map we should choose, so I played 5 rounds on an uneven map and by the 5th round it was 3 - 2 to the 25th, I was getting angry that the 25th Camp spawned making us move up every round... So I decided to rage quit the game. Take it from me to read the rules properly and never ever rage quit!

I just want to apologise to the officials that I was wrong to be making a fuss about all of this, I realise that you all put a lot of hard work into the NWL and I want people to understand that we can't just complain about everything, there is too much on the officials plates at this time for petty arguments I of which am part of.

Even though it was 3-2 the 5 rounds were up and we could have stolen the game with that hill advantage after we switched sides, but because of my stupid ignorant complaints and the fact i rage quit the officials made it 6-4 to the 25th.

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE GOOD RESPECTFUL GAMES AND LEARN THE RULES AND STICK TO THEM TO STOP ANY COMPLAINTS IN THE FUTURE OF WHICH HARD WORKING OFFICIALS HAVE TO DEAL WITH, PLS THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I'm sorry to the 25th for the fuss I made, I apologized to Eazy and one of his NCOs same goes for the rankers too!

AMEN. I hope to kick your arse in the future with a nicer 1v1 xD

I HOPE THIS TO BE THE FINAL COMPLAINT OF THE NWL SO YOU ALL REALISE HOW STUPID WE CAN BE :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:26:55 pm by Heist »

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2356 on: January 21, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »
Spoiler
22nd Vs 25th

OK so, our game Vs the 25th went horribly wrong, I made a complaint of which 25th choose a horribly uneven map but I did think that it was a mutual agreement on which map we should choose, so I played 5 rounds on an uneven map and by the 5th round it was 3 - 2 to the 25th, I was getting angry that the 25th Camp spawned making us move up every round... So I decided to rage quit the game. Take it from me to read the rules properly and never ever rage quit!

I just want to apologize to the officials that I was wrong to be making a fuss about all of this, I realize that you all put a lot of hard work into the NWL and I want people to understand that we can't just complain about everything, there is too much on the officials plates at this time for petty arguments I of which am part of.

Even though it was 3-2 the 5 rounds were up and we could have stolen the game with that hill advantage after we switched sides, but because of my stupid ignorant complaints and the fact i rage quit the officials made it 6-4 to the 25th.

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE GOOD RESPECTFUL GAMES AND LEARN THE RULES AND STICK TO THEM TO STOP ANY COMPLAINTS IN THE FUTURE OF WHICH HARD WORKING OFFICIALS HAVE TO DEAL WITH, PLS THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

I'm sorry to the 25th for the fuss I made, I apologized to Eazy and one of his NCOs same goes for the rankers too!

[close]

Also hope with this people can see issues can be resolved queitly without taking it public. No anger towards any regiments and we remain friendly. Looking forward to that 1v1 :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:25:20 pm by Styrepils »
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #2357 on: January 21, 2014, 11:22:00 pm »
Gratz to the 25th for the victory I guess.

Props to Murphy for admitting his mistake and apologising. A lot of people can learn from this, loads of people make mistakes but very few are able to admit their mistakes, so Murphy, you got my +1.

Another lesson can be learned from the 25th - 22nd situation. Instead of taking it directly to the forums they joined a Teamspeak together with Bever and DasBrot and solved it there.

Offline NIFU

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Call me NIFU
« Reply #2358 on: January 21, 2014, 11:39:00 pm »
So, ridiculousness just reached the climax...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:02:50 am by NIFU »

Offline Clikenforce

• Captain
  • Roux et supporter de Lens noraj.
    • View Profile
    • 23e Forum
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2359 on: January 22, 2014, 09:17:37 am »

Offline The Unnamed Spartan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Facing tempests of dust I'll fight until the end.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 66th_Pte_Unnamed_Spartan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2360 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:51 am »
Spoiler
22nd Vs 25th

I just want to apologise to the officials that I was wrong to be making a fuss about all of this, I realise that you all put a lot of hard work into the NWL and I want people to understand that we can't just complain about everything, there is too much on the officials plates at this time for petty arguments I of which am part of.

I HOPE THIS TO BE THE FINAL COMPLAINT OF THE NWL SO YOU ALL REALISE HOW STUPID WE CAN BE :D
[close]
+ Respect
Now there is silence

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2361 on: January 22, 2014, 01:04:33 pm »
22nd Vs 25th

With all due respect here Murphy, there's a critical difference between this and the more major issues with the tournament. This is caused simply by ignorance of the rules and can easily be put right by referencing you to the rules.

The other incidents have been judgement calls (especially due to the nature complaints are handled) and they will invariably be a lot more complex to solve than your issue.

Now you are right, people should know the rules (that's sort of an implicit prerequisite to play in a tournament) and some grief could undoubtedly be avoided. However, there are issues that won't go away that easily and asking people to not lodge complaints is just shortsighted in that sense and favours the people who try to find as much wiggleroom as possible.

However, you have my respect for owning up when you were wrong.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 01:06:04 pm by Hekko »

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 22, 2014, 02:29:30 pm »
We know Nr24's opinion. Thanks.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:10 pm »

The Nr.24 is not a person or a single entity.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 22, 2014, 04:11:34 pm »

The Nr.24 is not a person or a single entity.

But Hekko is your leader, so he represents you. Also all of you were sharing his opinion in earlier posts.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 22, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »
Good news: We'll host a winners tournament! So the winners of each league will fight each other after the season is finished. More informations coming soon.

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2366 on: January 22, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »
Good news: We'll host a winners tournament! So the winners of each league will fight each other after the season is finished. More informations coming soon.
Good idea :)

Our match against IR21 tonight at 7:30 :)

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #2367 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:27 pm »

Good idea for this season only while the leagues are so mixed up. Maybe for future seasons a tournament for everyone like you'd see in football or something of the like. Possibly in the time where NWL doesn't run?  :D

Offline Kleist

• Brigadier General
  • (Kleister96) Former 8Lr and 92nd Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 22, 2014, 05:49:31 pm »

Good idea for this season only while the leagues are so mixed up. Maybe for future seasons a tournament for everyone like you'd see in football or something of the like. Possibly in the time where NWL doesn't run?  :D

You mean something like the champions league? Would be awesome! :)

Offline Timme345

• Corporal
  • Ptrüffl/Amateur Highlander
    • View Profile
    • Anime&Games Forum
  • Nick: 64TJR_Ptrlf_Timme
« Reply #2369 on: January 22, 2014, 06:07:07 pm »
na kleist not a champions league more it equals the the old "Liga Pokal" from the bundesliga of germany .... bever are you a soccer fan ?