Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 942521 times)

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #1425 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:02 am »
So Apologies for this  ::)

As some of you (cameron  :-*) noticed, we meant no harm. Don't forget that was our skirmishers regiment, so they did'nt come in NWL in a "victory to all costs" spirit  :D Diablo was there, not because he is a good meleer, but because he was around on TS and he is actually a nice and friendly guy.

In another hand, I am deeply surprised by the kind of methods you used to screen my teamspeak. I checked the logs, you were'nt connected on your real pseudo. So it's definitely sort of spying... You seems to lack of maturity.

Anyway, congrats to 3rdFG that was a nice fight, you did impressive firing and melee, everyone should be afraid of them in the NWL  :o

And many  :-* to Primus

Apologies if you felt it was underhanded on our part one of our NCOs took it upon himself to take a look at the teamspeak to ensure fair play. On the other hand i would like to say that at the end of the day the rules were Broken and we would not have reported it if we felt that the 5e needed him in order to play with at least 15 men, I would also like to add that any other opponents of ours are welcome to come onto our teamspeak before our match. I would also like to say that while you may think that us checking no rules are broken Lacks maturity at the end of the day in our experience most regiments cannot be trusted entirely and this whole incident has proved us correct. If he had wanted to invite with the 5e because as because you say he was around and is a nice guy he could have done it in and event where invites were not against the rules. Look at it this way primus knows a lot of very good people who could invite for us during NWL and then we would dominate the league, however doing this would make the whole point of it it being two regiments against each other invalid.

May be a bit long but I just wanted to make sure you understand where we are coming from, like I have said we have nothing against the 5e as the provided us with a very nice and competitive match.

Offline Dom_

• Donator
  • boi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kafka // Robert Black
« Reply #1426 on: January 04, 2014, 12:25:40 am »
A succesful day 1 :)

About the server? NWL_1st_6 was fine. Which server was laggy?
NWL_2nd_3
was quite bad, i had 110 ping and i live in London and others were pretty bad.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 04, 2014, 12:27:06 am »

NWL_2nd_3

Yea we had quite a few people who were having abnormally high pings and lag spikes

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:17 am »

we meant no harm
Of course you didn't mean any harm, but if the NWL adminstrators don't punish you for this now, will they in the future? Does that mean any regiment else can bring invites without meaning any harm?

Punish them as it is written in the rules to show an example and discourage other regiments from bringing invites aswell. Do your job to keep the league fair and just.

• - Invites are NOT allowed; if we find out that a regiment played with invites, we'll remove 3 points

Now you have found out, the proof is all there. You know what to do I suppose Bever/Dasbrot.

Edit; Judging by the screenshots their invites made a huge difference. Their invite had a 14-2 score while the guy below him had 7-4 which made an effect on the match results and thereby it affected the outcome of the game with a couple of rounds. I'm not in the 3rd Foot guards and I don't either argue on behalf of them, I just want the league to be fair.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:01:09 am by Svensson »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1429 on: January 04, 2014, 01:25:45 am »
NWL_3rd_3 wasnt on our lists at all
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1430 on: January 04, 2014, 01:27:35 am »

As some of you (cameron  :-*) noticed, we meant no harm. Don't forget that was our skirmishers regiment, so they did'nt come in NWL in a "victory to all costs" spirit  :D Diablo was there, not because he is a good meleer, but because he was around on TS and he is actually a nice and friendly guy.

In another hand, I am deeply surprised by the kind of methods you used to screen my teamspeak. I checked the logs, you were'nt connected on your real pseudo. So it's definitely sort of spying... You seems to lack of maturity.

Anyway, congrats to 3rdFG that was a nice fight, you did impressive firing and melee, everyone should be afraid of them in the NWL  :o

And many  :-* to Primus

Apologies if you felt it was underhanded on our part one of our NCOs took it upon himself to take a look at the teamspeak to ensure fair play. On the other hand i would like to say that at the end of the day the rules were Broken and we would not have reported it if we felt that the 5e needed him in order to play with at least 15 men, I would also like to add that any other opponents of ours are welcome to come onto our teamspeak before our match. I would also like to say that while you may think that us checking no rules are broken Lacks maturity at the end of the day in our experience most regiments cannot be trusted entirely and this whole incident has proved us correct. If he had wanted to invite with the 5e because as because you say he was around and is a nice guy he could have done it in and event where invites were not against the rules. Look at it this way primus knows a lot of very good people who could invite for us during NWL and then we would dominate the league, however doing this would make the whole point of it it being two regiments against each other invalid.

May be a bit long but I just wanted to make sure you understand where we are coming from, like I have said we have nothing against the 5e as the provided us with a very nice and competitive match.

What if it would come down to a "goal difference" situation after the last game of the seaseon where 3rdFG would finish 3rd with the same points but one fewer won round than the 2nd placed team? There is rules for a reason, as far as Im concerned Bever and DasBrot need to act upon this showing that its not accepted to break the rules. No offence to the 5e but you need to understand that aswell.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:29:20 am by Carolusrex »

Offline Dom_

• Donator
  • boi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kafka // Robert Black
« Reply #1431 on: January 04, 2014, 01:28:51 am »
their invite did win one round for them :/

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 04, 2014, 01:34:54 am »

NWL_2nd_3

All people with high pings or just some of them?

Question to 7tes and 63e, also to 25th and 23e:
What was your experience with the servers? Maybe I can fix this if its really a serverside problem.

Offline -VEINRUS-

• First Lieutenant
  • 4pp_Plk_Veinrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 04, 2014, 01:43:56 am »
NWL_3rd_3 wasnt on our lists at all
Yes, its true. So... DasBrot, Thank You for your server :*

Pułk 4. Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego for ever!

Offline Admaa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 04, 2014, 01:57:13 am »

we meant no harm
Of course you didn't mean any harm, but if the NWL adminstrators don't punish you for this now, will they in the future? Does that mean any regiment else can bring invites without meaning any harm?

Punish them as it is written in the rules to show an example and discourage other regiments from bringing invites aswell. Do your job to keep the league fair and just.

• - Invites are NOT allowed; if we find out that a regiment played with invites, we'll remove 3 points

Now you have found out, the proof is all there. You know what to do I suppose Bever/Dasbrot.

Edit; Judging by the screenshots their invites made a huge difference. Their invite had a 14-2 score while the guy below him had 7-4 which made an effect on the match results and thereby it affected the outcome of the game with a couple of rounds. I'm not in the 3rd Foot guards and I don't either argue on behalf of them, I just want the league to be fair.

+1

Why no-one has paid attention to quite a valid point is far beyond me. I've had fun in the 1v1, but if the rules are not being enforced and as a consequence punitive action is not being taken, surely it is not the best image to portray in regards to the consequences of rule breaking.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:59:02 am by Admaa »

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 04, 2014, 01:59:41 am »

NWL_2nd_3

What was your experience with the servers? Maybe I can fix this if its really a serverside problem.
Who hosts your servers ?

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 04, 2014, 02:16:47 am »

NWL_2nd_3

Who hosts your servers ?

Hetzner.de

7te said they had very good pings, but their opponent didn't (may be NA's)

Looks like this is not a server related problem.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #1437 on: January 04, 2014, 03:15:08 am »
Damn I would have loved to attend, but I had a god damn power cut in my part of the city... >:(

Anyway seems like it was a great match. Hope the next will be enjoyable aswell  8)

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #1438 on: January 04, 2014, 03:17:59 am »
Spoiler

NWL_2nd_3

[close]

A few people with higher ping than normal, but  the majority was fine.

Spoiler

we meant no harm

[close]

+1
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
  • Fais ce que dois advienne que pourra
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Palfer
« Reply #1439 on: January 04, 2014, 03:18:27 am »
I hear the fight between the 83rd and the pp was a good one.

83rd with the shooting advantage, but the pp wrecking in melee. It was, in al honesty, a close one, but whenever melee started, a pattern started to occur :)

I am very excited to see how this League progresses.