Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 950391 times)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #6120 on: June 23, 2014, 04:36:48 am »
Good Game 92nd you deserve to win League 2 :)
Sorry for the FiC we told them to not FiC and also said it in teamspeak etc.
Btw you can just slay people who do FiC:)
Nah we can't just slay people. Firstly we don't even know their names, secondly we don't stop melee to slay people.

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
« Reply #6121 on: June 23, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »
Bump

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: June 23, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal

Offline ExoticFail

• Major
  • Ik moet masturberen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: &amp;amp;quot;Describe live&amp;amp
« Reply #6124 on: June 23, 2014, 03:28:17 pm »
GG 92nd, I am interested to see how you do next season in League 1 (if there is one).

Hopefully there is 1, im enjoyung the NWL :D
Hauptmann ExoticFail hat wie immer die Lage fest im Griff und verteilt hier die oneklicks
my posts never are irrelevant, they are gods words whom I connect through me,yet some little shit allways deletes my posts here even tho they r bob approved 
They always give me a chuckle that's for sure.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: June 23, 2014, 03:58:31 pm »
Bump

Yes, we really need more views.  :o
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6126 on: June 23, 2014, 04:34:28 pm »
verybody complains too much lol
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: June 23, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »
Why wouldn't there be a Next Season?  :o

Hypothetically the amount of whining on threads and steam could be a possible reason why administrators could be so annoyed of an event that they may stop organizing it. But only Hypothetically. ;)

Offline Pilophas

• Donator
  • Admin of Cavalry Groupfighting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube-Channel
  • Nick: 2Lhr_Major_Pilophas
« Reply #6128 on: June 23, 2014, 05:58:18 pm »
Sounds like an implicite threat  :P

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #6129 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:28 pm »
Match 77y - Nr.24

There was an appeal from Nr24, based on the following video:
Megabernas Stream
[close]

Appeal on 4:30 is based on FiC - But there was none. Svensson did not reach the 77y line and did not hit with his sword. BUT the front is still spreadig out, all in melee position and bloodlust, while the rest of the line is still shooting. This could at most be considered as fire out of formation.

Appeal on 7:30 is based on FiC too, but here again Svensson did not hit the lonesome guy who's running away. FiC would be at the moment this single guy is in melee, where we come to a difficult situation in which I will try some could-be-examples to you: Would this single 77y guy, lets call him Guy, be in melee because he was stabbed or he blocked, 77y would be techically in melee - although the actual Line was in formation and ready to shoot. But then again, at the moment where Guy is dead, and 77y is still in this formation or moved further away to position themselves in a line again, the charge would be over, and ranged combat is again allowed. If anyone does not understand why, I can explain this later if needed. 

To get back on topic again, 7:30 was not a rule violation.

We decided to look through the whole video (as we always do when there is a complaint/appeal with video) and found some other situations that I would like to take into account too.

At 15:50, FiC by Nr.24. A very close one, but still FiC. Since it was so close, we will not take this actually into account for ceding points.

At 21:25, Officer aim. No need to further explain this.

In the end, we decided to give Nr.24 a round for the issue at 4:30. Then again a round is given to 77y because of the issue at 21:25.

Game result will stay at  Nr.24 3:7 77y.

Right, lets have a look at this shall we.

4.30 self explanatory as you saw.

7.30 is quite clearly against the rules. I would argue firing in the charge, because the lone guy gets cut off, and would have been in melee if he would have stayed in formation. So the Nr.24 line clearly engaged the 77y line because the 77y line had to break up in order to deal with the proximity of the Nr.24, which for me would be a counter charge rather than anything else, making it a FiC. Even if you (erroneously to be honest) insist on the fact that it was not FiC it would still amount to line splitting which is also against the rules.

The officer aiming on the other hand is a ridiculous thing to dock points for, and quite ironic that you out of all people do it considering the Nr.24s last match against you.

Referees are an absolutely crucial point to have in a tournament. The fact is, with all due respect, the hosts are incapable of dealing with the post-facto complaints, we have even been told to be polite and not press the issue because the opponents were a worse regiment, and we should hand them the round... (Credit where credit is due, they would have won that particular round officer aiming or not, but then again they were officer aiming throughout the LB (I believe I was shot 5-6 times during the LB dying about half of he time), so I feel that there should be some form of consequence to the aggregate offense)

The rules should be the same for everyone, and enforced the same for everyone. The point is, the current set-up encourages people to cheat with impunity and then lawyer their way out of it after the event because a) they did not win b) some things can apparently be ridiculously hard to prove post-facto even with video or c) it isn't considered as a major influence on the round.

Wow. Such GG. I just told you to show me good proofs. We won't change scores if the proofs aren't good enough. That's all I said. Tell it right or don't do it.
I said it would be polite to give the only round you lost to your enemy, but not that I won't deal with the issue.

Quite. To be fair you only saw these screenshots today, yet still they do demonstrate that I was shot several times in before the round we appealed, so it wasn't just a one round occurrence, and we had been patient with it up until that point.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237086955
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237087067

Secondly, this is the video you requested:

The camera turns and I am out of the frame at 2.02 and I am shot at 2.04. As seen before the camera pans away I am very close to their line, so it cannot really be a stray bullet, I am at one of the far ends of the line. Sure, I guess we technically could have formed a moshpit around me in 2 seconds so that I would get shot and appeal the round. But it does not seem quite that plausible. Especially when you consider the track-record of the officer targeting. (It happened in other rounds as well, but I did not screenshot those, and I do not know if we still have video for that).

The round that got docked from us should be docked because of officer aiming should be docked because of the FiC assuming the hardline approach. Meaning that the score would still land at 7-3, which it in all fairness should be.

the 15.50 round should also be docked from us. Based on the FiC.

There's a huge issue here though. Not so much the score it landed at, which I have said is fair. The problem is that you are extremely inconsistent in your arguments and your application of rules. The claim that 15.50 was minor is a bit preposterous as is that 7.30 was something completely fine with the rules.

The fact that a bona fide accidental officer death at relatively long distance, with plenty of time to do the reset before melee or indeed the round was tipping a certain way is a certain loss is also preposterous. It just incentivices trying to get shot as the officer to get free rounds.

The whole hardline approach is as inconsistent as the hardline denial approach you had going and it creates an atmosphere where you do not know what to expect in the terms of rules, and I have a nagging feeling that the outcome of appeals is based less on the actual facts of the case and more on the parties of the case.

When the wrong reasons lead to the right outcome it's as much a problem as if the right reasons lead to the wrong outcome.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6130 on: June 23, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »
But does the void round really matter at all? And should people really care enough to read/write pages of essays to fix them?

Offline Dottore

• Second Lieutenant
  • No, I am not Chinese Matty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Cpl_Matty
« Reply #6131 on: June 23, 2014, 07:57:16 pm »
But does the void round really matter at all? And should people really care enough to read/write pages of essays to fix them?
In my opinion people a game like NW should not have essays written about it. People should just relax and play the game, its not of any importance at the end of the day.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: June 23, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »
and would have been in melee if he would have stayed in formation.

But he wasn't, and Bever and me decided that there was nothing against the rules.

The officer aiming on the other hand is a ridiculous thing to dock points for, and quite ironic that you out of all people do it considering the Nr.24s last match against you.

I don't see why it is ridicolous, do you want to say Fungus did that on purpose? I implied he didn't. It is still a rulebreak in the end, even if we do that. If we do this next time, appeal it and you can lean back and watch how the rules will be inconsistently forced upon us.

And now for the last time:
NO RESETS ON OWN BEHALF IF NO REFEREE IS ON THE MATCH.
EVEN IF BOTH REGIMENTS AGREE ON IT, WE DON'T CARE.

If anyone is ever resetting a round again we will cede Points as a penalty.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #6133 on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:38 pm »
and would have been in melee if he would have stayed in formation.

But he wasn't, and Bever and me decided that there was nothing against the rules.

I don't see why it is ridicolous, do you want to say Fungus did that on purpose? I implied he didn't. It is still a rulebreak in the end, even if we do that. If we do this next time, appeal it and you can lean back and watch how the rules will be inconsistently forced upon us.

So with your interpretation you could technically have a swarm of people all over the place, firing as long as they line up and none of them are in melee at the time when they are firing. That's hardly an LB any longer.

Great, so you will remove points even if a consensus is reached.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #6134 on: June 23, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »

What's the reasoning behind that though, if both regiments agree to reset why's it a problem? If they reset without consensus a punishment is understandable, but if they both agree why is it such a problem?

Realistically, with about 18 matches a week, the 15 man referee staff are not going to be able to referee every match, so non-refereed matches are just being made a lot harder to play with this kind of regulation.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:03:51 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC