Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 950672 times)

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #3375 on: March 14, 2014, 06:07:52 pm »
Well what should the screens prove? I don't really get the point. I also dealt with Svensson about anything. Why are you arguing about anything again? Giving people a show?
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #3376 on: March 14, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »
They all illustrate the point that it can be borderline impossible to actually prove officer aiming --> Need for referees.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 14, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
Why aren't you just writing that we need referees then? Reasons are clear I guess.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
« Reply #3378 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »
Why aren't you just writing that we need referees then? Reasons are clear I guess.

I did, you're the one who responded to it challenging the points...

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:18 pm »
You're arguing with wrong facts in my opinion.

The fact is, with all due respect, the hosts are incapable of dealing with the post-facto complaints, we have even been told to be polite and not press the issue because the opponents were a worse regiment, and we should hand them the round...

That's what I'm talking about. Saying things like this isn't a good way for rulechanges I guess.
Yes, I said it would be a nice touch to hand the only round your enemy won to them, but I also said that I'll deal with your complain, if I have a proof which is good enough.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3380 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »
here we go again ::)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #3381 on: March 14, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »
That's not officer aiming. They aim behind your officer, you do a reverse collumn and the fire order is given. You basically ran into their fire. If you'd have kept on marching, Hekko wouldn't have been shot.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: March 14, 2014, 06:28:15 pm »
Yeah, you ran into a bullet there as you reverse columned. Unfortunate but I wouldn't blame those guys for that.
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
« Reply #3383 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »
Should is not the same as saying must. There's a difference in nuance. If you still feel that I have misrepresented your statements I appologise.

here we go again ::)

We're not going anywhere.

That's not officer aiming. They aim behind your officer, you do a reverse collumn and the fire order is given. You basically ran into their fire. If you'd have kept on marching, Hekko wouldn't have been shot.

Shocker that HadHod is going to post something negative about what I have to say. Nevertheless, please do give the 6te SOME credit. At that distance you will be tracing the individual characters with your reticule, 2 seconds is ample time to shift from tracing one way to another way, just ask any FPS player.

Also if we really wish to hammer the point home, I am sure that you can dig up in the logs where Brot TKed one of their own players for shooting me in one of the other rounds.

However, the point here is not really to argue this incident, it's to show that the current system does not work.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:59 pm »
Well, it worked until now. You're the first who's debating about officer aiming on the forums. In earlier games people dealt with it on their own, without contacting Brot or me.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
« Reply #3385 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:56 pm »
We have done likewise previously. However, when asking Brot to void this round we were told that the participants settling on redoing rounds between themselves is in fact not allowed. And he told us to contact you.

Anyway, lets not argue this specific instance, and rather use the fact that this argument exists as something to improve the league for the future. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:09:42 pm by Hekko »

Offline ztree

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_Finlay_MacNab
« Reply #3386 on: March 14, 2014, 07:15:04 pm »
Also, I'd like to explain why I proposed the referee rule as optional only and with agreement on both regiments only. That's because we have to be realistic enough to see that it's going to be impossible to organize a referee for every match of all the three leagues. That's 18 matches per matchday and I understand that it's impossible to have that at the moment. Even if we implemented a referee in every match on just the first league, for example, it's going to be not easy to have that. Also, I suggested that both regiments have to agree on a referee, because if for example an official referee is known to have close ties with one particular regiment and is appointed to judge a match where this regiment takes part, the other side should have the right to refuse the match to be judged by him (for example, an ex 91st referee could favor one of the 91st heritage regiments  :P).

So what I'm saying is that if we realistically can't have all matches be judged by a referee, we should at least give some matches (the important ones, that decide the outcome of a league) the chance to be judged and be more fair. And maybe have more and more matches be judged as time goes on, instead of all at once.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
« Reply #3387 on: March 14, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »
Can someone explain how we have the same points as the 63e yet they have drawn one and lost one more than us? lol - We are both competiting for 3place in 2nd League, so just wondering  :P

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:33:57 pm by Tyrionpk »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 14, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »
Can someone explain how we have the same points as the 63e yet they have drawn one and lost one more than us?

Regiment they faced left the league so its void. 3rdFG
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: March 14, 2014, 10:17:44 pm »
I believe it's because we have 42 points to your 28 points? That's just a guess, though.
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt