Poll

Do you think saber briquets should do more damage?

Yes.
No.
No but make them faster.

Author Topic: A point on bayonets and shortswords/saber-briquets  (Read 16207 times)

Offline Dionysus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dionysus
  • Side: Neutral
Re: A point on bayonets and shortswords/saber-briquets
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 02:53:29 am »
First key words "Arriving at" "Reaching" in other words not there yet.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:32 am »
This is stupid and off-topic, pubescent is far too broad to be nailed down to one age group, it could be anywhere from 14 to 100. Now please keep this on topic.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 02:57:14 am »
By that logic a 10 year old girl who is capable of reproducing is to be considered an adult and not taboo to conceive with a 50 year old man.

There is a place for people like you, its called prison.

Are...are you trying to troll me? I'm not quite sure you know exactly what trolling entails. Usually you'll want to offend me. Try something based around how pale I am, or my weird accent, or the fact that my vision is so bad I could probably be recognised as legally blind. Making up situation in which I appear to be a supporter of paedophilia is really not offensive.

'Having reached', however, does mean 'there yet'.

Anyway, the whole argument is moot. I'm 23 and haven't reached puberty yet, so 'ha!' to your attempts to attack me for having reached puberty.

Offline Dionysus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:43 am »
By that logic a 10 year old girl who is capable of reproducing is to be considered an adult and not taboo to conceive with a 50 year old man.

There is a place for people like you, its called prison.

Are...are you trying to troll me? I'm not quite sure you know exactly what trolling entails. Usually you'll want to offend me. Try something based around how pale I am, or my weird accent, or the fact that my vision is so bad I could probably be recognised as legally blind. Making up situation in which I appear to be a supporter of paedophilia is really not offensive.

'Having reached', however, does mean 'there yet'.

Anyway, the whole argument is moot. I'm 23 and haven't reached puberty yet, so 'ha!' to your attempts to attack me for having reached puberty.

No, I'm not trolling, on the other hand the same could be said about you.

Sabre briquet speed should be increased, officer sword speed stay the same (I think it should be decreased even though that's probably asking to much), cavalry sword speed needs to be slowed down, increase the damage whatever you need to do it just needs to be slowed down (At least while on foot).

This is my opinion.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2013, 03:11:43 am »
Are...are you trying to troll me?

Yes. Holy shit, you people are so slow to pick up trolls like this. Maybe at first he was serious but then he realized it would be a lot more fun to play with your minds and watch you guys trip over yourselves in rage as you attempted to call him out on his "idiocy" while he just laughed at how naive you guys are. Stop replying to him, he knows he's lost, and he doesn't care. At this point you guys are just as responsible for this shit as he is.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2013, 03:24:46 am »
Are you talking to me? because I certainly don't recall being in a rage or calling anyone out on their "idiocy".

Offline Dionysus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2013, 03:32:32 am »
Are...are you trying to troll me?

Yes. Holy shit, you people are so slow to pick up trolls like this. Maybe at first he was serious but then he realized it would be a lot more fun to play with your minds and watch you guys trip over yourselves in rage as you attempted to call him out on his "idiocy" while he just laughed at how naive you guys are. Stop replying to him, he knows he's lost, and he doesn't care. At this point you guys are just as responsible for this shit as he is.

Yet you reply with your own idiocy. Expecting to pick a fight or you just being retarded?

Edit: Just for reference I did put this back on topic and you continue to bring it off.

Spoiler
Sabre briquet speed should be increased, officer sword speed stay the same (I think it should be decreased even though that's probably asking to much), cavalry sword speed needs to be slowed down, increase the damage whatever you need to do it just needs to be slowed down (At least while on foot).

This is my opinion.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:37:57 am by Dionysus »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2013, 03:38:41 am »
The internet is a silly place

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2013, 09:38:52 am »
Are you talking to me? because I certainly don't recall being in a rage or calling anyone out on their "idiocy".

In a rage? Maybe not. But were you guys enthusiastically attempting to call him out on something that he was doing that was ridiculous? Certainly. And I wasn't mainly talking to you, just everyone who was involved and seemed to be getting... excited.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 10:24:49 am »
The effectiveness of a weapon depends on the skill of the wielder and his experience with it. A man with a Saber-Briquet can kill a unexperienced man with a bayonetted musket, just thought I should share that theory.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2013, 03:31:36 pm »
Ignoring Dionysus'... impressive statements in this thread (and my own wrong assumption of 15 pounds ;D), I agree to the fact that briquets need to be buffed, like I said before. Increased speed and damage, though not too much, to make it at least somewhat of a choice in the game when it comes to weapons.

Offline Allasaphore

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2013, 04:33:48 pm »
http://images-01.delcampe-static.net/img_large/auction/000/068/465/313_001.jpg?v=3

Remember folks, this is the kind of item we're talking about here (sabre briquet). From personal experience with sabres, they typically weigh no more than 3 pounds (I haven't personally come across any weighing that much, actually) and typically feel lightweight.

Not this (a zweihander). According to various websites, it ranges from 7-14 pounds.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/085/f/3/german_knight_with_zweihander.jpg

The lesson of this is that if you decrease the swinging/feinting speeds of swords, we need to opt out of historical accuracy and give everyone a zweihander.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »
http://images-01.delcampe-static.net/img_large/auction/000/068/465/313_001.jpg?v=3

Remember folks, this is the kind of item we're talking about here (sabre briquet). From personal experience with sabres, they typically weigh no more than 3 pounds (I haven't personally come across any weighing that much, actually) and typically feel lightweight.

Not this (a zweihander). According to various websites, it ranges from 7-14 pounds.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/085/f/3/german_knight_with_zweihander.jpg

The lesson of this is that if you decrease the swinging/feinting speeds of swords, we need to opt out of historical accuracy and give everyone a zweihander.

While I agree that a 3 pounds sabre would not be that hard to swing around quickly, how hard would it be to swing around for hours and hours with very few breaks? I think even a strong infantry ranker would start to get tired after that point - not to mention there would be plenty of other factors in play, like the fact that he would have to be blocking attacks and grappling with enemy soldiers the entire time.

Maybe people who are saying swords are too heavy to swing that quickly have never held a sword, but then again maybe the people who are saying they are light enough to swing easily in a combat situation have never been in a combat situation with those swords themselves.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »
Some points to be made.

1. Zweihanders weighed on average 2-3kg, this is about 4 to 6 pounds. Zweihanders above 3kg were considered ceremonial unless you're Grutte Pier

2. If we were to include fatigue then everybody could only run for a while, fight for a little while, and horses could only run for a little while. If we were to include the fatigue of swinging a 2lb saber then we should include the fatigue of thrusting a 12 pound musket. It would be a mess to include fatigue for everybody.

3. The topic at hand is the need for a buff to saber briquets, which they do deserve.

Offline Dionysus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2013, 08:22:51 pm »
The effectiveness of a weapon depends on the skill of the wielder and his experience with it. A man with a Saber-Briquet can kill a unexperienced man with a bayonetted musket, just thought I should share that theory.

Right....

Take a bayonet and go up against Silentman with a heavy cavalry sabre and see how well you do. People who are good at melee know how to abuse that ridiculous sword feint speed. Anyone who doesn't is easily killed. You don't even need to try with it, you can just feint spam everyone to death and the only chance you have of dieing is if you get ganged, shot, or your own bad melee skills.

Again, I don't expect anything to change. I'm just sharing my thoughts.