Author Topic: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104  (Read 77990 times)

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
  • Been playing this game for too damn long ;~;
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2teGarde]Fallout
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 18 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.104
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:52 pm »
The North American Community is different than the European community and I can say it did indeed make it more exciting. This community is split with Europeans and North Americans. And NA players can vouch for me, they are allowed to double double x in tournaments and it's allowed in group fighting servers.  I have always felt the European community has had more say and or Blind bias when it comes to these issues. And even though they deny it, I do feel as if Vincenzo will listen to the European community more over the North American one.   The past has so far proved that.  All players so far that have agreed with the patch have been Europeans, ask any North American and they will disagree with this patch and the Europeans opinion.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2013, 11:17:39 pm »
The North American Community is different than the European community and I can say it did indeed make it more exciting. This community is split with Europeans and North Americans. And NA players can vouch for me, they are allowed to double double x in tournaments and it's allowed in group fighting servers.  I have always felt the European community has had more say and or Blind bias when it comes to these issues. And even though they deny it, I do feel as if Vincenzo will listen to the European community more over the North American one.   The past has so far proved that.  All players so far that have agreed with the patch have been Europeans, ask any North American and they will disagree with this patch and the Europeans opinion.

Where were the americans to defend the "exploit"?  I never saw a thread about it, neither do I think anyone went to the dev's saying it is lovely and they should keep it out.

If it really was so succesfull as you say. I'm sure we would have had a discussion before it was removed/fixed.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »
... ask any North American and they will disagree with this patch and the Europeans opinion.

Idk if you're talking about North American born players, or players living somewhere in North America... but, I enjoy this patch. So, ya' shouldn't group us all together to help prove your "point." Just deal with it. Double X is out, it's not coming back. Game over. End o' story. Just drop it, man. And, if you care so much about this silly Double X maneuver, make a thread about it, as Gokiller said.

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »
And this is where the bias begins, I've had discussions with Vincenzo about the melee before the took out the double x. And my local North American friends have often got in arguments with Vincenzo over steam. I do feel as if he does choose to ignore the north Ameircan communities opinion because of all the Europeans backing him up and telling him to do what the North Americans don't want.  You don't hear about it because Vincenzo ignores the complaints of the North Americans and that's honestly a fact, if he did acknowledge any complaints on the North American side he wouldn't have nerfed the melee a year ago. Please, ask any North American and many will have the same opinion as I do.  Yet ask a European and they will disagree.  I would but honestly there's no point anymore, this is the last I'll say of this. And I am talking about European born people.
*excuse my typos I am on a phone*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:33:00 pm by Fallout »

Offline MazZ

• Second Lieutenant
  • MazZ
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stCSG_RSM_MazZ
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »
Plz stop saying European community has more to say than the NA community, hell plz stop splitting the community in two.
As far as I'm concerned both parties allways had and have an equal saying in what changes are to be or have been made.

Vincenzo himself saw double x as an exploit unbiased by annyone else's opinion.

Well I would say it is a form of exploiting a bug... I dont want new players to be outsmarted with buggyness from ramming your weapon type button a lot.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:53:27 pm by MazZ »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #245 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:17 am »
Implying I'm from Europe. Lol, I'm American as it gets. I'm surprised Pets didn't even mention that.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2013, 12:20:05 am »
I'm surprised Pets didn't even mention that.

Not sure what you mean...

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2013, 12:20:41 am »
So since I'm American, my opinion regarding a melee technique is polarized automatically?

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2013, 12:31:59 am »
So since I'm American, my opinion regarding a melee technique is polarized automatically?
Ofcourse what did you expect? Freedom of speech?

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2013, 12:58:13 am »
And this is where the bias begins, I've had discussions with Vincenzo about the melee before the took out the double x. And my local North American friends have often got in arguments with Vincenzo over steam. I do feel as if he does choose to ignore the north Ameircan communities opinion because of all the Europeans backing him up and telling him to do what the North Americans don't want.  You don't hear about it because Vincenzo ignores the complaints of the North Americans and that's honestly a fact, if he did acknowledge any complaints on the North American side he wouldn't have nerfed the melee a year ago. Please, ask any North American and many will have the same opinion as I do.  Yet ask a European and they will disagree.  I would but honestly there's no point anymore, this is the last I'll say of this. And I am talking about European born people.
*excuse my typos I am on a phone*
Wow you're whiny. And wrong and paranoid. What does the average European player have against the North American community to the point of "telling him to do what the North Americans don't want"? Also, why would a game developer choose to ignore probably around 50% percent of the community? I think you and a couple of your friends who can only get kills through the exploit of the double X are the only ones being described as North Americans in this. And I certainly do not have the same opinion as you. 

Offline Fallout

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:15 am »
Typical, please don't twist my words and bend them. I am speaking my opinion and like I've said, the double x made melee more interesting. I've never insulted anybody, so it'd be nice if you would stop getting all down to the insults. I've played this game for over a year and what I said was my observation. And Menelaos that's not what I'm saying at all, like I said I'm done with the discussion. It's my opinion and I've never insulted anyone once. Ya'll be cray xD

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2013, 01:51:58 am »
Bla bla bla. In the end, it is as it is.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #252 on: August 07, 2013, 01:52:25 am »
I'm surprised Pets didn't even mention that.

Not sure what you mean...
You just went along with him saying it was only Europeans who shared that opinion knowing well that I am American.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2013, 02:38:53 am »
That's not at all what I meant. Idk how you got that from what I said.  :o

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile