Author Topic: Europe at World War (Keep Checking for Updates).  (Read 33010 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Europe at World War (Keep Checking for Updates).
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »
Good luck trying to get permission from the WW2 China Mod guy, who has been MIA for over two years.

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
  • The Princess of trash, and schedule two narcotics.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dobson
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2013, 06:14:36 pm »
Just out of interest;

Are all the uniforms ripped straight from the WW2 Faction on Full Invasion 2 (Or wherever the FI team got the models)?
Or are these custom models?
They look very similar.

Many models were used with permission whilst many were not.

So you intend to get permission for all of them before you release, correct?

I'm sorry I meant, "some we were allowed to use, the rest we made ourselves."

Offline copyright

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »
Hey did you get permission to use the uniforms from modders because it seems you just ripped them from Festung Breslau (WW2) mod, China BattleField mod, Finland at War mod and Full Invasion mod.

i really look forward to this, its a shame

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »
Hey did you get permission to use the uniforms from modders because it seems you just ripped them from Festung Breslau (WW2) mod, China BattleField mod, Finland at War mod and Full Invasion mod.

i really look forward to this, its a shame

Only full invasion 2, Finland at world war, and red and blue dontated models and textures for us to use, we did not "rip it off."

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »
That leaves the WW2 China Mod, which has been dead for over two years. Festung has also been equally dead. As long as he recognizes the mods the assets are from there shouldn't be a problem unless he cons people into buying the mod for some reason.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2013, 10:10:46 pm »
Brawn please read my PM in full, It must be done.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »
That leaves the WW2 China Mod, which has been dead for over two years. Festung has also been equally dead. As long as he recognizes the mods the assets are from there shouldn't be a problem unless he cons people into buying the mod for some reason.

Uh no. Even if the mod creators are no longer around, you can't use their assets without permission.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2013, 11:15:29 pm »

Uh no. Even if the mod creators are no longer around, you can't use their assets without permission.

Then who do you ask for permission is nobody around? It is a tragic waste of resources and as long as you don't pretend you didn't do it I cannot fail to see the problem.

If somebody out of the blue after two years away comes back to find somebody using a no doubt very shoddy amateur piece of work modding they did in the past and they make a big stink of it they really need to rethink their own lives.

If I was a modder and I went missing, I'd pretty much make sure anyone could use my assets since I worked hard on them and it is just dumb to let them rot in a HD or old barely used mod.

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2013, 11:21:03 pm »
There turns out that their our some mix ups involving the (what I thought I was given) models from "FullInvasion II" but I assure you I have permission from WEe (aka Mrmaster or whatever) the lead developer from red&blue, Yebenso, and willhelm that let me use his face textures (which was an OSP).

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2013, 11:22:50 pm »
There turns out that their our some mix ups involving the (what I thought I was given) models from "FullInvasion II" but I assure you I have permission from WEe (aka Mrmaster or whatever) the lead developer from red&blue, Yebenso, and willhelm that let me use his face textures (which was an OSP).
Coraline is a no good liar, this is the last straw for that trainee modeler
Oh I am so furious at her now..this is how she repays her volunteering to retexture.

She is not a dev of FuIn2 mod nor ever will be at this rate, she keeps lying to people of her association with my Dev Team. And she keeps spreading lies...so aggravating.

Brawn where did Coraline tell you that? We do not have the right to give out permissions ESPECIALLY a member as low as her.
She doesn't deserve to be called a dev anymore either

She has done it twice now to spread lies and ruining my team's reputation in the process.

All of my rage:
Spoiler
[close]

She is henceforth kicked out of the Dev Team and if anymore rumours going around she was a dev, she was never a dev she wanted to help but showed me no progress she needs to stop assuming she can do things like give WWII China Battlefield permissions, she is such a troublemaker.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:09:36 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2013, 11:46:22 pm »

Then who do you ask for permission is nobody around? It is a tragic waste of resources and as long as you don't pretend you didn't do it I cannot fail to see the problem.
You don't. It's unfortunate, but that's how it works. If someone is no longer living in a house but still owns it, that doesn't give you the right to loot it.

If somebody out of the blue after two years away comes back to find somebody using a no doubt very shoddy amateur piece of work modding they did in the past and they make a big stink of it they really need to rethink their own lives.
They were never given permission to use it so they basically stole it. Why shouldn't the person who made the assets come back and make a big deal of it?

If I was a modder and I went missing, I'd pretty much make sure anyone could use my assets since I worked hard on them and it is just dumb to let them rot in a HD or old barely used mod.
And some modders don't think the way you do.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:13 am »
The only person who 'owns' the rights to any game assets are the guys who actually developed and produced the damn game.

Feel free to dig up a case where a missing or busy modder comes back from out of nowhere for at least a year and demands his stuff to be removed from something. I wish you luck. Go on. Get.

Otherwise you can part your silly 'modders rights for ancient assets' talk from out of your bottom to the end of the world won't change my opinion on the matter. Sorry.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:36 am »
The only person who 'owns' the rights to any game assets are the guys who actually developed and produced the damn game.
I'm talking about mod assets. Try actually reading my post and inferring. Or do you think that if I make a WWI French uniform from scratch for a Warband mod it belongs to Taleworlds?

Feel free to dig up a case where a missing or busy modder comes back from out of nowhere for at least a year and demands his stuff to be removed from something. I wish you luck. Go on. Get.
When exactly did I say that this happened and how does this support what you're saying in any way? Why are you pulling stuff out of your ass and throwing it at me, calling it an argument?

Otherwise you can part your silly 'modders rights for ancient assets' talk from out of your bottom to the end of the world won't change my opinion on the matter. Sorry.
I wasn't trying to change your opinion. I'm trying to say that modders who don't share the same mindset as you don't give a damn what you think. Neither will your opinion change how ownership of property works.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2013, 12:14:13 am »
Rigadoon is correct. If specified, modders have to recieve permission to use materials from other mods from the developers. If that is not possible, unfortunately there is no alternative but to create your own materials or find another mod to borrow from. So, if there are materials you do not have permission to use, Brawn, please remove them or find some way to recieve permssion. Otherwise FSE cannot permit you to distribute your mod.

If there are materials from a mod that specifies that you can use materials without specific permissions, only requiring for credit to be given, you can use them off course.

Kielbasa!

Offline Brawn

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2013, 12:22:56 am »
Rigadoon is correct. If specified, modders have to recieve permission to use materials from other mods from the developers. If that is not possible, unfortunately there is no alternative but to create your own materials or find another mod to borrow from. So, if there are materials you do not have permission to use, Brawn, please remove them or find some way to recieve permssion. Otherwise FSE cannot permit you to distribute your mod.

If there are materials from a mod that specifies that you can use materials without specific permissions, only requiring for credit to be given, you can use them off course.

I think me an unsavy have found the source of the confusion. A person named Coraline causing trouble. She has caused trouble for my Dev team, PF Dev team (according to Austro), and now FullInv 2, I will edit the appropriate materials. Sorry for the inconvenice.