Author Topic: ww1 and ww2 Games Thread  (Read 5809 times)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
ww1 and ww2 Games Thread
« on: July 12, 2013, 04:27:13 am »
Simple  Post the titles and or trailers of a ww1 or ww2 game you would recommend  :)

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ww1 and ww2 Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:09 am »
VERDUN

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 08:27:39 am »
Are you looking for singleplayer or multiplayer games? Some of them have great singleplayer but awful multiplayer, or vice versa

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:51:17 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ9nwHTeRG8[/youtube]
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:05:00 am »
I know this is mainstream but best ww2 game I ever played.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOSXkLBrRdA[/youtube]

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:09:46 am »
Are you looking for singleplayer or multiplayer games? Some of them have great singleplayer but awful multiplayer, or vice versa

Well im looking for multiplayer ww1/ww2 games that still have an active community  :)

And yes Verdun best ww1  :)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:30:20 pm »

Well im looking for multiplayer ww1/ww2 games that still have an active community  :)

And yes Verdun best ww1  :)

Uh well yeah this is hard to say but COD world at war actually is pretty good. That was before call of duty became shit. Medal of Honor used to be a great ww2 multiplayer series but they've since moved onto a modern setting and their old games are pretty much dead now. So yeah I'd say your best bet is WaW.

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »
Yeah, WaW is good.
Both the Red Orchestra's are pretty good too.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »
Call of Duty 1  ( Has the most epic missions when it comes to scale. (Boat crossing of Stalingrad, and there is a huge battlefield, trench-ish mission)
Call of Duty 2  ( Also has some huge scale missions, and it looks quite good actually, graphic wise. You get to do some epic attacks and all that)
Call of Duty World at War (Already mentioned)
Red Orchestra 1 and 2 (Epic multyplayer)

And I know nothing about WW1 games :p
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 07:54:58 pm »
Oh yeah, forgot to mention red orchestra. Great series

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 08:56:36 pm »
Battlefield 1942 - best game ever made  ::)
Bf 1918 mod was cool too

while bf 1918 is dead, 1942 is nearly (!)  dead

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:56 am »
I miss old ww2 fps games :'(  every major gaming company now has gone with the modern day warfare shit  :-\

Offline bdd458

• Second Lieutenant
  • I write words on the internet.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_KF_Mks_Gen_Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 09:39:21 am »
Aw, don't go ignoring THE TRENCH: 1916 over there :*(
The 8th is not dead! Proud Colonel of the WWI and Blood and Iron/Verdun regiment 84th Infantrie d'regiment [both are recruiting. Add calicoyoda on Steam if you want to join either]

Offline Suede

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »
BF 1942
BF 1918

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 05:39:25 am »
Ahem, since you didn't specify videogame. Memoir '44 and Flames of War are fucking amazing tabletops.

In terms of VIDEO GAMES, Wolfenstein series is fucking amazing WW2 FPS with fictional additions such as magic.  Men of War, Blitzkrieg and Company of Heroes are amazing RTS, Men of War being the most realistic, focusing on individual soldiers and combat rather than base building, Blitzkrieg being in the middle and Company of Heroes being very arcade oriented. RUSE is a great, unique RTS, definitely worth a try. IL-2 Sturmovik is an absolutely fucking amazing WW2 flight sim, I would go so far as to say it is my favorite flight sim. Medal of Honor: Airborne is a fucking fantastic, fairly recent Medal of Honor and has an absolutely badass campaign. Blazing Angels is an arcade flight game which is also very good. Battlefield 1942 is a squad based FPS with vehicle combat and is free on Origin, but it definitely shows it's age. Commandos is a really cool action RTS series, but it too, shows it's age. Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm are very good, but aren't very populated, and single player is very low par. The Saboteur is a great Assassin's Creed esque underground sabotage game, but like Wolfenstein, it throws historical accuracy out the window. Sniper Elite is a good series, but the original is infinitely better, even today, the modern one is too linear and holds your hand a lot, not to mention the AI is actually smarter in the old one. Brothers in Arms is a great squad based singleplayer FPS experience, and in fact, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway was the first game and only, to make me shed a tear, the series' stories are some of the industries best. Day of Defeat is a fast paced Source FPS, I don't like it much, but many people love it, and it's community is still large. Iron Front Liberation is a WW2 online game based off the Arma 2 engine, very fun. Making History 1 is a great WW2 grand strategy game, faster paced than the Paradox ones, incredibly entertaining with friends. The Hearts of Iron series are slow paced grand strategy games, but have incredible amounts of depth. And lastly, one of my favorite WW2 series and incredibly underrated games, Battlestations, which gets you balls deep into the action, commanding ships and airplanes, but in a more arcade like fashion. It is complete, mindless fun, and if you have an interest in battles like Midway, it's a really badass game.

Those are all the WW2 Videogames I recall playing, enjoy.

And yes, I do have to out do everyone's posts.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:41:52 am by Death by EMP »