Author Topic: Old Thread  (Read 99995 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: [M]Red & Blue : 1936 [Looking for scripters and another modeller]
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2014, 09:05:40 pm »
Sounds pretty awesome already.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2014, 03:30:46 am »
I've finished team ones (Nationalists) Spawn and the are were their first flag is. I'm going to add the weapons that spawn later on but I've tested them and hey work really well!

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2014, 05:07:39 am »
I've finished 1/3 of the main combat area. Have Yet to begin work on the areas off to the sides, Here is a concept map I've done out.
Spoiler
[close]
You will notice that big black part, that's going to be the center of the map and will be mostly a ruined city. Each team will have a direct connection to the center were one flag will be, Each team will also have a direct path from their spawn leading to one of the side flag areas. I'm not certain if there will be 5 flags or 7. From the town center there will be connections to the side sections but it will not be as fast as running to the one strait from your spawn. The 1st flag for each team will have heavy defences around it. I think its possible that the team can select the 1st flag but spawn a distance from. If so then they will have to run to their 1st flag after gearing up at spawn. The center will be basically a no mans land as it will be vital to both teams. As the center also provides connections to the side flags controlling the center will make it considerably harder for the enemy team to get to the side flags. Also due to their being a path from your spawn to a section of side flags if uncheck the enemy team could run from the side flag area and straight into your spawn.

I think I've done enough rambling for such a small amount of work :P Juts going to tell you what plans I have for the map so please give any suggestions you have!

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2014, 05:08:13 am »
Looking good

Offline fede_caprari

• Sergeant
  • Also known as Makii - 3D modelling
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »
Conway, you-are-awesome!!  ;D

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 15, 2014, 04:29:32 pm »
Very interesting now, keep up the good work. I hope to see a few good war torn battlefields from you now ;).

What will the music be like for the mod may I ask?

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 15, 2014, 04:33:02 pm »
Very interesting now, keep up the good work. I hope to see a few good war torn battlefields from you now ;).

What will the music be like for the mod may I ask?

You made me turn on the games music for the first time in a dogs age.....its pretty sick :P

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 15, 2014, 05:06:14 pm »
I've done some screen shots of the Nationalist spawn. My goal for today is get a general building layout for the town center and a general layout for one of the side flag areas.
Spoiler
[close]
You can notice the tables and each will contain something of use except for the officer table. One has ammo and medic kits. One has uniforms and the other that has nothing on it atm will have weapons. If the nationalist select the 1st flag then they will spawn there and will need to walk to the first flag. This is so that if the 1st flag is being attacked the attacking team won't have to fight people spawning on the flag and will have more chance at capturing the flag.
Here is another screen shot of were the 1st flag will be.
Spoiler
[close]
The flag will be placed inside of the central post.
You will notice in both images there is another exit/entrance, this leads to the side ally that I mentioned in my last post.

Offline fede_caprari

• Sergeant
  • Also known as Makii - 3D modelling
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:33 pm »
Yeeeah!! Good work!!

btw SeanBeansShako we put some classical spanish war songs from both sides, also they're some international brigades songs like:

Spoiler
[close]

and

Spoiler
[close]

;D

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2014, 09:45:41 pm »
Excellent to hear, this mod is clearly a product of love reguarding the history of that era.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:50 pm »
Have not gotten a whole lot done today :( I keep crashing whenever I select certain props and just randomly. I've developed a strategy to make progress. Have my character stand next to the place I want to edit. Place the prop quickly and save it before the game realises its supposed to crash :P I'll release more screenshots later on tonight.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2014, 01:22:03 am »
Looking good :)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2014, 01:33:25 am »
Can't wait to play a mod I've been tracking for so long, can't wait for the release.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2014, 02:16:19 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen....beds. By far the biggest issue I have had today is in game normal beds. After placing a partially destroyed hospital I decided to furnish the place with some lovely beds and desks. For the most parts I had no problems. But soon if I even moved my mouse to a certain area while having the bed selected it would crash my game. This happened so many times. I've found a way of placing the beds outside and then moving them in and saving instantly but this is going to take a VERY long time sadly :(

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2014, 05:53:20 am »
Alright I sadly did not do much today due to frequent crashes. I'll try and find out more as to why I'm crashing but here is a screenshot of what I did today.
Spoiler
[close]
The building at the end oft he road is going to be a hospital. You may not notice from the images but the mood really changes from the spawn to the street you see here. In the spawn area its all sunny and nice but when you come to this street the dirt path turns to pavement and a long and narrow path is before you. Riddled with barbed wire and barricades at the end of it. And of course the looming black building in the distance. It really does have a cool effect as it seems like your really about to enter battle. I won't be able to furnish the hospital a lot atm because it tends to cause a lot of crashes. No work is likely to be done tomorrow as I'll be celebrating my 587th Birthday! FSE gives you a little cake on your profile its SOOO CUTE!!!!!