Author Topic: 33rd Regiment: Unfair treatment of players.  (Read 2922 times)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 33rd Regiment: Unfair treatment of players.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 06:51:07 am »
Probably would have been better to just privately tell the 33rd leaders about this, no need to broadcast the issue like this.

Well there is to ensure it is dealt with as a good friend, Rockhead's reputation has been attacking publicly therefore it is right to defend it in public. It one thing saying shit in global chat or trolling you in the GF server, its quite another to attack a person in your position as admin in the most popular server.

True, but it is possible that the admin has since been dealt with and removed from his position of power and thus this issue resolved, or maybe the guy did deserve it and we aren't getting the whole story, in which case it would be nice for them to be able to explain what went wrong before we all get judgemental. But I really don't know, just saying that I think the 33rd administration should have been alerted before everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:08:32 am by Killington »
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 07:35:46 am »
I'm sure this problem could have been resolved faster [and without making the whole thing public] if you would have just informed Leo or Gurkha directly. No regiment leader wants members tarnishing the regiment's reputation.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 09:08:06 am »
this thread reminds me of the full retardation that hekko put the forums though.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 11:03:05 am »
the actions of one recruit hardly represent the whole regiment

Offline 33rdOfficial

• Second Lieutenant
  • Official FSE account of the 33rd Regiment of Foot
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st Yorkshire West Riding
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 11:49:23 am »
Nvm
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:52:55 am by 33rdOfficial »

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:56 am »
I'm not glad to hear this, since this isn't how the 33rd is at all. We don't tolerate people trolling in public and therefore I'll deal with the recruits involved. I see they have done something wrong, but to be honest I don't see why they would just pick you out and troll you, I believe you are wrong in here too but let's not talk about that. Who was the admin  you are talking about, because neither Bonokiller or Pieter have admin on our siege? Do you have any screenshots from what happened on the siege?

Next time please tell me on steam, in private, (My steam is MrSt3fan), especially since these are recruits. We've gotten a lot of recruits lately, and we do our best to keep an eye on all of them but this isn't always possible and then this happens, but I feel like there was no need to make this public, since we can deal with it quite easily.

Apologies for their behavior, I'll make sure it won't happen again.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 12:05:32 pm »
I'm not glad to hear this, since this isn't how the 33rd is at all. We don't tolerate people trolling in public and therefore I'll deal with the recruits involved. I see they have done something wrong, but to be honest I don't see why they would just pick you out and troll you, I believe you are wrong in here too but let's not talk about that. Who was the admin  you are talking about, because neither Bonokiller or Pieter have admin on our siege? Do you have any screenshots from what happened on the siege?

Next time please tell me on steam, in private, (My steam is MrSt3fan), especially since these are recruits. We've gotten a lot of recruits lately, and we do our best to keep an eye on all of them but this isn't always possible and then this happens, but I feel like there was no need to make this public, since we can deal with it quite easily.

Apologies for their behavior, I'll make sure it won't happen again.

Alright St3fan what you believe doesn't matter. They were troling him infact. For no actual reason. I was on the server aswell and whitnessed the whole thing (atleast on GF). When I threatened them to call an admin, they all left the server one round afterwards.

The admins in question are Gravy (he is a LCpl) and Brum (Rec) as it can be seen in the images Sweeney provided.

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:29 pm »
May I also add that we don't give administrative rights to just any "fresh recruit" of ours. Brum has been playing NW for a while and also lead a few regiments. He's also a very experienced and active admin on the server. We gave him admin (when he applied for it) a while back before he joined us as a recruit yesterday night.

As for the the two recruits trolling in group-fighting we will have a serious talking to later today.

But next time please do tell us via teamspeak or steam.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 12:18:18 pm »
Alright but I would like to point out that it were not only the two recruits. There were serveral other 33rd on the server and tried to troll Rockhead as well. I think one was Ribs but I forgot the other two.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:55 pm »
We'll have a serious word with all of the 33rd who were involved because this is intolerable. I don't think we need to continue this thread sinceit's obvious that they were wrong and they will be dealt with.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 12:22:57 pm »
I'm pretty sure those who did the 'trolling' just did so in the heat of the moment and from peer pressure. After all it just takes the will of one person to get something done. Happens to everyone when playing with a group of people and someone takes a step over the line, most will follow.

It doesn't excuse what they did but maybe you should take this a bit less seriously...

With that said i believe the admins should be suspended from their admin duties so they can acknowledge that what they did is wrong and is punishable.

told that bih don't @ me

JackieChan

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »
Sweeney, would be best if you simply locked this thread now. Issues seem to have been resolved and this just makes the 33rd look bad eventhough it was not the actions of the entire regiment. ;)

Offline Sweeney

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Fus_Sweeney
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 01:53:46 pm »
Since the 33rd leaderboard has been enlightened now, I will lock the thread.
Here I am.