Author Topic: Star wars battlefront announced by DICE!  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Star wars battlefront announced by DICE!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »
Because Battlelog works perfectly fine?
Why the heck are people so afraid of change?
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »
It works fine but I still so no purpose in it. It could've easly been in-game and still would've worked fine.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 06:57:29 pm »
Works better for me than an in-game browser. This way I can easier chat with my friends and check out my stats without having to enter the game.
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

AeroNinja

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 01:18:25 pm »
Works better for me than an in-game browser. This way I can easier chat with my friends and check out my stats without having to enter the game.
+1

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »
But who actually keeps track of his stats?

Let me give you a prime example in what kind of shit i had to go through.

So i was in-game and you can only change your settings when  your in-game. I accidently changed my settings a bit too high. So my game crashed an i couldn't go back in to change it. Cause it crashed the whole time. Luckily for a weird reason the singleplayer does have a in-game menu and that is the way i changed it. I still distrust a webbrowser and I always will. And chatting with friends and stats can easily been done in-game. But that doesn't change the fact that they chose a web browser instead of a in-game browser.

AeroNinja

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 03:25:16 pm »
I want a galactic conquest campaign again !
+ a Billion :P

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 02:54:50 am »
But who actually keeps track of his stats?

Let me give you a prime example in what kind of shit i had to go through.

So i was in-game and you can only change your settings when  your in-game. I accidently changed my settings a bit too high. So my game crashed an i couldn't go back in to change it. Cause it crashed the whole time. Luckily for a weird reason the singleplayer does have a in-game menu and that is the way i changed it. I still distrust a webbrowser and I always will. And chatting with friends and stats can easily been done in-game. But that doesn't change the fact that they chose a web browser instead of a in-game browser.
"But who actually keeps track of his stats?" - I do. But again, it's not the only thing.
If you put your settings to high, you can change it through the files you can enter with notepad IIRC. Did it once, and Google'ing it, reading and entering the files was way faster than entering a game and then editing the settings.
So no, I still don't see why the web-browser should be bad. Everything is faster.

What exactly do you dislike except for the things you just mentioned? Why shouldn't they continue with the browser-version? Please give me some proper examples instead of just saying that the other things could just be done in-game.  Well of course they could be done in-game, this way it's just faster, does the same thing and is easier. I really don't see why that is bad.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 02:21:36 pm »
*snip*
Okay you need to know I'm not anti-webbrowser. What I think they should do is do a combination of both. You know the best of both.
But one thing i want is the serverbrowser to be in-game.

And to awnser your question. The thing is with a web-browser i find it a pain to open your game. Or you're loading for a long time or you find yourself in a queue. Would've this been in-game the loading times would decrease and you'll find yourself alot faster in a game.

oh and also a typicall thing for EA to do. You need a internet connection 24/7 to play the game. Even if it is singleplayer.