Author Topic: Microsoft/Sony Cirlcejerk.  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
  • Side: Union
Re: Xbox one
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04:04 pm »

Offline TWking

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »
PC > Consoles.

Never waste money on that trash is all I can say.

We must rise up and see a new golden age of NO consoles.
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:31 pm »
I think I want to stop hearing about fucking consoles and delete them from existence. Consoles have no stance in the gaming market and everyone who avidly defends them has either a) Never tried PC Gaming b) misinformed, lost soul or c) A CoD dumbass

If you are all of the above, you are the worst kind of "gamer" and I use that loosely.

And yes, I do have an opinion considering I was a console play from Sega to Xbox 360 and PS3 up until 2 years ago when I discovered the wonderful and superior world of PC gaming. The best part about it is, no console lovers can say a single thing that makes the consoles better than PC. PC beats consoles in every way imaginable, no questions asked. The only thing I regret is being a console douche for so long. Now I have a massive backlog of games I unfortunately missed over the years.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:27:07 pm by Death by EMP »

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 11:37:27 pm »
I think I want to stop hearing about fucking consoles and delete them from existence. Consoles have no stance in the gaming market and everyone who avidly defends them has either a) Never tried PC Gaming b) misinformed, lost soul or c) A CoD dumbass

If you are all of the above, you are the worst kind of "gamer" and I use that loosely.

And yes, I do have an opinion considering I was a console play from Sega to Xbox 360 and PS3 up until 2 years ago when I discovered the wonderful and superior world of PC gaming. The best part about it is, no console lovers can say a single thing that makes the consoles better than PC. PC beats consoles in every way imaginable, no questions asked. The only thing I regret is being a console douche for so long. Now I have a massive backlog of games I unfortunately missed over the years.

There is only one thing I can say that beats PC from a console stance and that's their exclusives, for example Halo or Gears of War, both I have put a lot of my gaming time into and thoroughly enjoyed playing them (although as of late they have been going downhill).

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »

There is only one thing I can say that beats PC from a console stance and that's their exclusives, for example Halo or Gears of War, both I have put a lot of my gaming time into and thoroughly enjoyed playing them (although as of late they have been going downhill).
PC has at least 95% more exclusives than both consoles combined. Argument invalidated. Move along.

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 12:48:56 am »
PC has at least 95% more exclusives than both consoles combined. Argument invalidated. Move along.

You can't just 'invalidate' my point because I have a different opinion to you, and anyway in response to your point: some of the exclusives I was referring to (Halo and Gears of War) can still not be played (legitimately at least) on the PC and I (along with countless others) really enjoy playing these games. Yes you may be right about there being 95% (I haven't validated the figures for myself) more exclusives for PC but as I said earlier the games that aren't on PC are still played and enjoyed by the console audience (I happen to be of both console and PC 'heritage' if you can call it that) meaning that there is still at least one valid argument against the PC.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 01:31:45 am »

You can't just 'invalidate' my point because I have a different opinion to you, and anyway in response to your point: some of the exclusives I was referring to (Halo and Gears of War) can still not be played (legitimately at least) on the PC and I (along with countless others) really enjoy playing these games. Yes you may be right about there being 95% (I haven't validated the figures for myself) more exclusives for PC but as I said earlier the games that aren't on PC are still played and enjoyed by the console audience (I happen to be of both console and PC 'heritage' if you can call it that) meaning that there is still at least one valid argument against the PC.
Actually, I just remembered you are wrong either way. Step 1: Buy game from Gamestop or wherever. Step 2: Get emulator. Step 3: Input serial key and all that jazz. Step 4: Enjoy game on PC.

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 05:00:17 pm »
Actually, I just remembered you are wrong either way. Step 1: Buy game from Gamestop or wherever. Step 2: Get emulator. Step 3: Input serial key and all that jazz. Step 4: Enjoy game on PC.

The games I was referring to (reminder, Halo and Gears of War) are really about their multiplayer, whilst they both have excellent singleplayers don't get me wrong the majority of the time you spend on these games are spent on multiplayer. Assuming an emulator for these games actually existed (I looked them up and couldn't find any for these games, please hit me up with a link if I was being retarded and completely missed one), how many people would you expect to be playing online on PC with an emulator? Next to none is the right answer. If you wanted to play these games you could just play them on the actual console they were designed for and enjoy them 10 times more than you ever would on a PC.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
If Halo 3 came to steam with full workshop support and a shit load of maps, mods, and custom games you could download I would die a happy man

+1
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 07:14:33 pm »

The games I was referring to (reminder, Halo and Gears of War) are really about their multiplayer, whilst they both have excellent singleplayers don't get me wrong the majority of the time you spend on these games are spent on multiplayer. Assuming an emulator for these games actually existed (I looked them up and couldn't find any for these games, please hit me up with a link if I was being retarded and completely missed one), how many people would you expect to be playing online on PC with an emulator? Next to none is the right answer. If you wanted to play these games you could just play them on the actual console they were designed for and enjoy them 10 times more than you ever would on a PC.
You dont need an emulator for the games but the consoles. http://xbox360emulator.net/ (I dont use emulators so dont really know how good that one is.  :P)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »
PC gaming is undeniably better, but nobody can deny that we've received the short end of the stick in the industry. Fewer and fewer AAA PC exclusives are being released, all our favorite previously PC only franchises are being ruined as they're ported to consoles and dumbed down for the plebeian masses. Some of these series include Battlefield, Far Cry (Was always for console but it was better on pc. Now it's arguably worse for PC than console), Crysis, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout. Other series are being destroyed as more people start playing video games who only recently started to become exposed to them so developers decided to pander to them and make games insufferably easy, boring, vapid, and simplified.

Consoles are not only worse than PCs, they are ruining PC gaming for people who want nothing to do with consoles. Whatever happened to PC graphical superiority? Oh well as developers migrate over to consoles as their main platform they stop making games with impressive graphics. A game that may look impressive on a console is only that way because they plaster it with bloom and shiny shit to cover the shitty textures and filtering. On a PC that game will look bad even on the highest settings because they make the game to fit console specifications, not PC specs.

I fear the age of PC gaming may be coming to a close as developers move to tablets, smartphones and gimmick shit like the Kinect and Wii U. Even traditional console are starting to die out as their market is becoming smaller and the tablet/smartphone gaming market is growing exponentially. By the way, consoles are actually good, it's just this gen of consoles that has been horrible. The Gamecube and PS2 were fucking amazing, and nobody can deny that. If you hate all consoles ever you probably don't know what you're talking about.

That being said there is a light in the dark for PC gaming. Reddit (As much as I hate them) has done a good job of spreading concerns of PC gamers and helping publishers understand us better, and more and more people are abandoning their consoles and buying gaming PCs or building their own. PC gaming should be a primary platform for developers, not some secondhand forgotten one that gets worse ports and disrespect from publishers. All we can do is show publishers that we are a viable source of income by not constantly complaining and spewing shit (Which may seem productive but it's not. Surprise, insulting someone doesn't make them want to do things for you). We'll see what happens in the future.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:48:00 pm by Nipplestockings »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »
I think that although we can hate on the Xbox One we have to understand that most of the people who play Xbox have never played on a high end PC and don't understand how much better a gaming PC is in terms of specs, graphics, and performance. So what may seem amazing to them is a low end PC for us, so you have to understand that. Although we may deny it, the Xbox is still going to sell millions and make huge amounts of money because of the vast fan group it has. PC is just not everyones genre and you have to respect it.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 12:44:31 am »
EA CTO: Xbox One architecture is “a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market”

Former Microsoft Corporate VP and current EA Chief Technology Officer Rajat Taneja has claimed in a LinkedIn post (thanks, GamesIndustry) that the Xbox One and PS4′s architectures are “a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market.”

According to Taneja’s assessment, the Xbox One and PS4′s “systems-on-a-chip (soc) architecture” not only outdoes the previous consoles with “magnitudes more compute and graphics power,” but also bests current high-end PCs. “Their unique design of the hardware, the underlying operating system and the live service layer create one of the most compelling platforms to reimagine game mechanics,” he writes.

Given his position (which also makes his claim a bit suspect), it’s fair to assume that Taneja has had access to both systems, so he may be referring to specifics (where there might be some technical truth—we don’t doubt MS and Sony have great R&D teams), and not overall performance. Aside from “raw horsepower,” he praises the consoles for new opportunities to create “dynamic, living worlds” with real time updates, better social features, and the potential of cross-device play.

But why make the PC comparison at all? And how long is a “generation” in terms of PC hardware? A year?

During the launch of the PS3 and Xbox 360, we heard predictions from people such as analyst Michael Pachter and CNET Executive Editor David Carnoy suggesting the new generation would cause a decline in PC gaming. I’ve had a hard time, however, finding PC comparisons coming from game producers at the time—if I remember 2006 correctly, it was generally accepted that PC gaming offered a different experience, and that comparing raw power was futile outside of “console vs. PC” flame wars.

And if I remember incorrectly, maybe there was a lesson to be learned—for Pachter and Carnoy, hindsight is 20/20. PC hardware has shot leagues ahead of Xbox 360 and PS3 hardware. The rise of large-scale digital distribution has created new opportunities for smaller developers to create both niche games and massive phenomena like Minecraft. Over 4 million gamers are logged into Steam as I write, and smaller distributors like GOG are seeing success, too. eSports have increased in popularity, and new free-to-play business models exploded—Dota 2 recently boasted 329,977 simultaneous users. PC gaming is thriving.

So, when EA and others use PCs as the benchmark for consoles to surpass, it sounds rather insecure. I understand that they’re excited to have new hardware to work with—the Xbox One and PS4 dramatically expand what they can offer the console market—but claims of technical superiority over PCs are just as futile as during the last gen’s launch. It might validate the hopes of those already planning to purchase a new console, but my ears won’t perk up until I hear phrases like “mod support” or “a better market for indie developers.” Raw power is part of PC gaming’s appeal—and we’re highly skeptical of claims that the new consoles can muster more—but it’s also about using that power without restriction.

Now, to be fair, we do occasionally enjoy flexing our processing biceps, too, so let’s just wait and see what the benchmarks say.
From, PCGamer.com  http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/23/xbox-one-vs-pc-ea-cto/

Now, to share some of the comments:

The next generation consoles' hardware performance would have been
considered mid-range to PC gamers three or four years ago. Eight really
slow CPUs- at least one of which will probably be reserved for the system
and its security - and graphics hardware worth about £100. I think you
missed a word out of his title: EA Chief Technical Bullshit Officer.
Indeed. Even more so, when you notice how M$ boasted that Xbone has 5 bilion transistors. Yeah for the whole console. Meanwhile just one of my GPU's has 7.1 bilion, and I'm not even starting with TFlops in single and double precision.
-
Those cheap boxes would need particle accelerator to match today's top end PC hardware. End of story.
-
Also people believe that because architecture is unified (components are on shorter routes) they will see 1000% performance gains. I'm about to burst in anger from that amount of silliness (and marketing schemes of course).
EA's lying skills are one generation ahead of the highest bullshitting CEO's
It's kind of funny watching EA become trolls.
Good grief. If this lad's brains were dynamite he couldn't blow his hat off.
Spoiler
[close]
3GB for just the OS?! That's nuts!
No, EA's right, it is a generation ahead of the PC in it's ability to rip people off.

To clarify my point of sharing this: even console developers who are supposedly "head of technology" are retards. You don't even want me to link you to the guy's LinkedIn profile.

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 01:40:48 am »
I think console success is that it appeals to the family's with lower pay checks than that of someone who can afford a top-end PC or even one that can just run the game with the barebones settings. A good PC costs a lot of money compared with a console which may only cost half of that (save for example console that have been recently released, they can cost a pretty penny). When I go on my console ( the 360 in my case), whenever I go online I am generally battered with hatred and mirth for ao much as giving an opinion. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but the people that give me mirth generally have more 'chavier' attitude about them. ( If you don't know what one is  watch this youtube video, you'll understand. ) When someone thinks of these kinds of people you know, (no offence) that they may not have as bigger an income as someone who can afford a decent PC. This means that the parent or guardian may still want to buy their child a (decent) video gaming experience, and as there are more people with lower income than ones with an income that maybe can afford a decent PC the console is undoubtedly going to win in terms of sales, hence why video games are generally designed for console then ported over for PC.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 01:54:04 am »
I think console success is that it appeals to the family's with lower pay checks than that of someone who can afford a top-end PC or even one that can just run the game with the barebones settings. A good PC costs a lot of money compared with a console which may only cost half of that (save for example console that have been recently released, they can cost a pretty penny). When I go on my console ( the 360 in my case), whenever I go online I am generally battered with hatred and mirth for ao much as giving an opinion. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but the people that give me mirth generally have more 'chavier' attitude about them. ( If you don't know what one is  watch this youtube video, you'll understand. ) When someone thinks of these kinds of people you know, (no offence) that they may not have as bigger an income as someone who can afford a decent PC. This means that the parent or guardian may still want to buy their child a (decent) video gaming experience, and as there are more people with lower income than ones with an income that maybe can afford a decent PC the console is undoubtedly going to win in terms of sales, hence why video games are generally designed for console then ported over for PC.
So basically what you are saying is consoles are for children?