Author Topic: Microsoft/Sony Cirlcejerk.  (Read 11611 times)

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
  • Co-founder of the 92nd Gordon Highlanders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Pte_Hugh_MacKay
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Xbox one
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2013, 03:44:00 am »
THIS JUST IN! All Xbox One demos shown at E3 were running on Windows 7 PCs with GTX 780s! So basically, the mediocre quality graphics that were shown at E3 are going to be even shittier! Consoles are so bad it is funny. It angers me so knowing bad consoles and casual gamers (CoD kids, Battlefield kids, etc.) are going to ruin something that has been built up over 30 something years.

Source?

OT: I really dislike many of the things Micro$oft decided to do with the xbox, but it isn't that bad actually. Yes, that 24-hour thingy seems like a pain in the arse, but come on, who doesn't have internet these days? And if your internet is down, who doesn't have a smartphone or similar that can make a hotspot for a few seconds? It might be a problem in places with bad internet, third world countries etc. but MS might just not have designed it for that specific group.
On the "you can't play your game at your friend's and can never sell it again"-problem, well, that's just bullshit. First of all it works exactly like Steam. Log in to your account and you have your games. Quite easy. It seems even better than Steam though as from what I've heard, you can sell every license a (very) limited amount of times.
Overall it doesn't seem super bad to me, but I would any day choose a PS4 over the xbox. Actually, I wont buy any as I don't have any money, rarely plays anymore and would rather just use my PC :D
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2013, 03:51:53 am »
THIS JUST IN! All Xbox One demos shown at E3 were running on Windows 7 PCs with GTX 780s! So basically, the mediocre quality graphics that were shown at E3 are going to be even shittier! Consoles are so bad it is funny. It angers me so knowing bad consoles and casual gamers (CoD kids, Battlefield kids, etc.) are going to ruin something that has been built up over 30 something years.

Source?

OT: I really dislike many of the things Micro$oft decided to do with the xbox, but it isn't that bad actually. Yes, that 24-hour thingy seems like a pain in the arse, but come on, who doesn't have internet these days? And if your internet is down, who doesn't have a smartphone or similar that can make a hotspot for a few seconds? It might be a problem in places with bad internet, third world countries etc. but MS might just not have designed it for that specific group.
On the "you can't play your game at your friend's and can never sell it again"-problem, well, that's just bullshit. First of all it works exactly like Steam. Log in to your account and you have your games. Quite easy. It seems even better than Steam though as from what I've heard, you can sell every license a (very) limited amount of times.
Overall it doesn't seem super bad to me, but I would any day choose a PS4 over the xbox. Actually, I wont buy any as I don't have any money, rarely plays anymore and would rather just use my PC :D

3/10 americans don't have internet, thats what.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2013, 04:05:07 am »
According to Wiki 77.86% of all US citizens had internet-acces in 2011. Shouldn't we say the rest is old people or people that most likely wouldn't game anyway?

It also says that in all developed countries 77%have acces to internet. Again 22% probably wouldn't even consider buying a gaming-console, a very small percentage let's just say 1% don't have acces to the internet. Well, tough luck buddy.

Sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users
"The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2013, 04:26:50 am »
There are millions of people that would want a console but don't have a consistent internet connection. Hell, I live in the capital of the fifth largest province in Canada and the internet here is still patchy.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2013, 04:33:12 am »
It's the principle of having always online as a mandatory feature that is bad, not the fact that some people will be affected by it.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2013, 04:37:59 am »
again, it doesn't need to be consistent. it only has to be there at any time during 24 hours. Sure it's a problem, but most people in a developed country e that would consider buying a console probably had access to even really bad Internet just once a day.

sorry for mistakes etc, but written on my phone almost asleep ;-)

edit: nipple : sure,  and I very much agree. people just makes a way bigger deal out of it than actually is.
and again,  it's not an always on thing. But then we're discussing words,  and I have way better things to do (read : sleep)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:42:25 am by Hugh MacKay »

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2013, 04:58:19 am »

Source?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »
lol was certain it must have been fake. God damn that's bad Microsoft  :D

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »
What's even better is that the PS4 demos looked damn good, and they were running on ACTUAL DEV KITS.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2013, 07:10:58 pm »
What's even better is that the PS4 demos looked damn good, and they were running on ACTUAL DEV KITS.

I doubt it. All dev kits are run on high end PCs to show them off at E3 and stuff.

Offline Hugh MacKay

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2013, 07:12:07 pm »
Yup, that's certainly one of the things Xbox will also have problems with. I guess most people actually doesn't need a console that can also work as a media server. They should continue focusing on gaming instead of trying to cover more than possible.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »

I doubt it. All dev kits are run on high end PCs to show them off at E3 and stuff.
Sony provided evidence after they were questioned.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 12:15:38 pm »
Don mattrick apologizes for the xbox one being a failure and not meeting to their customers standards.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46yBdG6cicA[/youtube]

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »
There are millions of people that would want a console but don't have a consistent internet connection. Hell, I live in the capital of the fifth largest province in Canada and the internet here is still patchy.
I NOW KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, yeah. I get shitty internet here in Canada too, 30 ping. My friend gets 2 though and he lives about 20 Kilometers from me.

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »
Ha! My internet goes out at regular intervals throughout the day. :P
You ain't got nothin' on me.
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.