Author Topic: Microsoft/Sony Cirlcejerk.  (Read 11508 times)

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Xbox one
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 04:10:27 am »
You guys are totally overlooking the reasons people buy consoles, they're gaming social networks. Microsoft did a great job with this and Steam is doing so well because of the same ideal.

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 06:00:09 am »
Will the PS4 be having free online play or will it go the Xbox route?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2013, 01:43:28 pm »
Will the PS4 be having free online play or will it go the Xbox route?

They haven't revealed that yet.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 02:06:46 pm »
Hopefully it will be free!

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 02:11:47 pm »
So basically what you are saying is consoles are for children?

Well in my defence you will hardly ever see a middle aged man playing on a console, but what I mean to say is consoles appear to the people with lower income than those that don't.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 03:55:33 pm »

Well in my defence you will hardly ever see a middle aged man playing on a console, but what I mean to say is consoles appear to the people with lower income than those that don't.

Consoles appeal to everyone, not just people with lower incomes. They're multipurpose machines and they're meant to be sold to a mass market. I would actually say that PC gaming is for lower income people as you can just use the PC you already own for gaming, even if it's not all that high end. Piracy is also very popular and many people who don't have the money to constantly buy new games do it often. If you think about it only a relatively small percentage of PC gamers actually have high end rigs, and the majority of people are just using their laptops or desktops that they happened to own already. Console gamers are far more likely to dish out hundreds of dollars yearly for the annual COD release or for the trendy game of the year amongst the masses. PC gaming is so attractive because there's a huge range of accessibility for people of different income levels, while console gaming is rather static and it's hard to get a good deal on a game with all the publishers cracking down on used game sales and stuff like that.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:29 pm »

Consoles appeal to everyone, not just people with lower incomes. They're multipurpose machines and they're meant to be sold to a mass market. I would actually say that PC gaming is for lower income people as you can just use the PC you already own for gaming, even if it's not all that high end. Piracy is also very popular and many people who don't have the money to constantly buy new games do it often. If you think about it only a relatively small percentage of PC gamers actually have high end rigs, and the majority of people are just using their laptops or desktops that they happened to own already. Console gamers are far more likely to dish out hundreds of dollars yearly for the annual COD release or for the trendy game of the year amongst the masses. PC gaming is so attractive because there's a huge range of accessibility for people of different income levels, while console gaming is rather static and it's hard to get a good deal on a game with all the publishers cracking down on used game sales and stuff like that.

I agree with that because often times people simply upgrade their PC. You can buy a low end PC but end up upgrading it to a very nice gaming computer. Where as with a console you have to pay up front for the fixed price, add-ons(mics, controllers), and for games. In addition you have to pay a membership(total bulls***) which adds another 60 dollars. So adding up my estimates price for an Xbox One($275), another controller and mic($60), and lets say two new games like Destiny and Call of Duty($120) you are paying over 500 dollars. Then every year you are usually buying 2 new games(120) and a membership(60) which means staying "in style" is costing you a huge chunk of cash every year. At least with a PC you don't have a membership, pirating helps low-income games, and you can go buy a new headset and keyboard for less than 50 dollars total.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:37 pm »

I agree with that because often times people simply upgrade their PC. You can buy a low end PC but end up upgrading it to a very nice gaming computer. Where as with a console you have to pay up front for the fixed price, add-ons(mics, controllers), and for games. In addition you have to pay a membership(total bulls***) which adds another 60 dollars. So adding up my estimates price for an Xbox One($275), another controller and mic($60), and lets say two new games like Destiny and Call of Duty($120) you are paying over 500 dollars. Then every year you are usually buying 2 new games(120) and a membership(60) which means staying "in style" is costing you a huge chunk of cash every year. At least with a PC you don't have a membership, pirating helps low-income games, and you can go buy a new headset and keyboard for less than 50 dollars total.
The Xbox One will not be 275 dollars lol, hell not even the 360 was $275. In fact, they already said the lowest end one would be in the 500 dollar range...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2013, 09:57:16 pm »

The Xbox One will not be 275 dollars lol, hell not even the 360 was $275. In fact, they already said the lowest end one would be in the 500 dollar range...

There you go, you will be paying 500 dollars plus 180 dollars a year in games and membership, and if another Xbox won't be released for at least 3 years you will end up buying a PC basically in the amount of money.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Potterr

• Donator
  • can u not
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 27th_Rec_John_Potterr
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2013, 10:40:42 pm »
---
Without reading what everyone else has said...
---

Just... No.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2013, 11:25:47 pm »
---
Without reading what everyone else has said...
---

Just... No.

Who are you replying to?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 12:31:12 am »
I prefer a PC. Free internet, I can do more things at the same time and in overal I am just used to PC gaming. I do have a Xbox 360 though, but as you have to pay for online and I am not paying for it atm, I bairly use it :).

But when you compare the Xbox and the Playstation, I think I'd say Playstation, not looking at stats etc. but just the free internet and the fact that, atleast where I live, more people go for the Playstation. I do prefer Xbox controlers though.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »
I think this is needed here!
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator