In this tutorial I'll explain how to install more than one skin for each faction. What is important you will need OpenBRF
. I'll show everything on example of installing both 1er Suisse and 3e Grenadiers de la Garde for France. I will do it, by moving all Grenadiers' data to Suisse's files. So I'll call Suisse's files my "base files" and Grenadiers' ones my "additional files".
1. Open both downloaded skins' archives and go to Resource folder. Choose one of brf files which can be found inside and open it for both skins. I'll start with mm_french_uniforms.brf
2. In both files find all models connected with unit which you want to move. Sometimes it can take some time to find all models you need. In my case these are models with names like french_GRaP_*
. Delete all of them from "base files" (marked blue on screenshot) and then copy them from "additional files" to "base files" (marked red on screenshot).
3. We have just copied all needed models to our "base files". But you can see, that we still don't have textures on them (marked red on screenshot), so in the next step we will have to copy them too.
4. Move to Material tab (marked blue on screenshot) and copy all materials from "additional file" to "base file" (marked red on screenshot). Don't delete anything in this step!
5. Now do exactly the same in Texture tab.
6. Save everything what you have done in "base file" and repeat steps 1-5 for rest of brf files. In my case I would do it for mm_french_hats.brf
. In Suisse's Resource folder there is also mm_colours.brf
, but as there is no such file in Grenadiers' folder, there is no need do edit this file.
7. After modifying all brf files you can now copy all textures with *.dds extension from Texture folder in your "additional files" to the same folder in "base files".
8. Last thing which you have to change is making troops.txt
which will change names for two units. Open troops.txt
in your "base files" and find there name of unit which you want to replace. In my case this unit is 1er_Regiment_de_Grenadiers_de_la_Garde_Imperiale
as 3e Grenadiers de la Garde replace 1er Grenadiers. How you can see I'm searching for name from the game with spaces changed into underline characters. Now just edit this name in troops.txt
to the one of new unit. There should be several places where the same name can be found, so you should change all of them.
9. Now just install your "base files" in the same way in which you install normal skins. And voilà
, you have just installed two skins for one faction! If you want more skins, just repeat all these steps and add one more skin to your "base files".