Are you leaving our community?

Yes!
82 (21.5%)
No!
206 (54.1%)
Maybe!
93 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 371

Author Topic: Leaving our Community?  (Read 174781 times)

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
  • Fais ce que dois advienne que pourra
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Palfer
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Leaving our Community?
« Reply #570 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:05 am »
Well, it's been a good run. February 15th 2011, until February 21st 2014. In my time I've seen a lot. Some of the best gaming memories happened when I was in Regiments. People always say -- "NW is just a game", but truly, is it? Is it only a game if you spend hours a day doing it? Is it a game if you pay money to keep your group going? Is it only a game when you have 10s, if not 100s of followers? No. As sad as it may seem, NW is a lifestyle. A lifestyle we all chose to take, and a lifestyle that no one who has ever played NW will forget. How can you? How can I forget the love, the hate, and the banter that flies around these forums and the games? How can I forget the countless 1000s of hours pumped into this underplayed game?

Admittedly, I have done some rather reckless and stupid things in the past year. It amazes me, from being, dare I say it, certainly up there with the 'nice', 'funny', and 'popular' NW players, to spiralling down to becoming that (don't take this offensively, admins and mods) Cunt nobody liked. I suppose that's my fault somewhat, but it is a life lesson. I know I will regret saying it, but there are times I regret what I did. But, I feel I was misunderstood.

Over the past 3 years, I have accumulated many friends, which, unfortunately, won't be friends for life. Namely, SerbianWhiteEagles, Thorgrim, Saul, Vintage, Primus, Felix, Super, Lime, Stark (75th Stark), Magner, Curlyconnor, Chriseh and so on, and those more 'high' profile ones, like Malakith, Aztir and Diplex. Not counting the hundreds of others.

Although all but three of those people on that list have a permanent slot for me on their block list, I feel that I have made a significant impact, negative or positive, on their lives. To put it into perspective, over the past three years, I have recruited around 400 players, some of which still play with me 'till this day. I have been grateful to have the ability to inspire such feelings in people, even if they are negative.

Heck, I even had a term named after me -- Palferise. Apparently, it is when you join a regiment, get a high rank and leave. Now, even to this day, this sickens me. The two Regiments I have been told I palferised were the 23rd and the 75th. Now, to clear this up, in the 23rd, I was the Lt of the Light Coy, and basically all the officers left, and we tried to keep it going for another week, but we couldn't, and thus I left, but now, not naming any names, people blame me to this day for the 'destruction' of that Regiment. Now for the 75th, I was kicked for questioning an unnamed Captain why he was banning people for literally no reason.

Oh, and my dear Cenkris and Vixen. How could I forget? You see, being carpet-banned from all 15th and 77y servers restricts you somewhat. It amuses me how I went from being that legend who joined the 15th TS drunk, to being on their 'top 10 most wanted'. Funny.

In anycase, I suppose what I'll be remembered for, if anyone will, is being a posh twat, who enjoyed being a dick to everyone I crossed paths with, but I hope people will see that this is not actually me. Palfer isn't a dickhead, twat, who enjoys watching people suffer. However gay this will sound, I am actually a nice person, granted I have a temper, but doesn't everyone? Although things have been said, I cannot regret these words, I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.

In the words of many -- "he is like marmite, you love him or hate him. Most hate him".

I am personally sorry to Primus, Joseph Graham (Mackenzie), Felix, Posh, Cenkris, Vixen, Malakith, Curlyconnor, Super, Lime, Chriseh, Chieff, Stark, and whoever else I have angered or tormented in my time. I hope you all enjoy playing your games, I hope you all live long, fruitful lives.

My steam profile will now be open to all those who want to add me, abuse me, or whatever it is. The time has come to stop hiding behind the block button. To stop hiding behind the kick button, and face the music.

Palfy xx

https://steamcommunity.com/id/PalfertheBrit

N.B - a Youtube video will be on the way, darlings.

I'm sure some people won't believe I'm writing this :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #571 on: March 09, 2014, 03:16:06 am »
So why the decision to quit?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #572 on: March 09, 2014, 03:18:21 am »
Well all i have to say palfer is there was never any hard feelings, i have never kept grudges, to this day i still dont, Through all the wrong you did to me in the IIe and trolling you did towards me, even then, i still gave you a place in the 83rd allongside me, i did the same for chief aswell, and i dont regret it, it was a laugh.

No probs bbe xoxo

And how did I forget Audiate?

Forgive me buddy.

I'll forgive you if you finally let me use the Regiment Leaders steam group.

Audiate add me on steam chriseb1978 or [18e] Chriseh and i will give you a place in the group.

EDIT: seems he has given amnesty himself lel scrab
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 09, 2014, 03:20:13 am »
Well all i have to say palfer is there was never any hard feelings, i have never kept grudges, to this day i still dont, Through all the wrong you did to me in the IIe and trolling you did towards me, even then, i still gave you a place in the 83rd allongside me, i did the same for chief aswell, and i dont regret it, it was a laugh.

No probs bbe xoxo

<3

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 09, 2014, 03:22:08 am »

No probs bbe xoxo

<3
on that note, if you like it would be an honor to take over the Napoleonic leaders group for you :) you know me, i like having stuff to do, im boring like dis ^

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #575 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:25 am »
Nah he wants me sorry.

I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 09, 2014, 03:34:37 am »
Nah he wants me sorry.

oh my

Offline Palfer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 09, 2014, 03:37:50 am »
I thought Betty?

Offline Chieef

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Corporate Lawyer in the City of London.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 09, 2014, 02:51:20 pm »
Oh.

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
« Reply #579 on: March 09, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaand this is why i stopped playing NW. Now palfer gets one last power play by watching people beg for control over the steam group.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 09, 2014, 05:29:08 pm »
Just a reminder, this is a 'I'm leaving' and 'see you thanks for playing' sort of thread. Stop posting drama stirring spam after this post.  Either say farewell or don't.

Take the rest of that stuff to private messages.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #581 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »
Take the rest of that stuff to private messages.

Stop it.*

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 09, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaand this is why i stopped playing NW. Now palfer gets one last power play by watching people beg for control over the steam group.
Aaaaand everyone is being sarcastic and laughing and you think its serious? ^_^

Offline Icarus

• Major
  • Groupfighting Admin, Tyrant of the old 1stKGL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex 91st_LCpl_Matthew_Young
« Reply #583 on: March 10, 2014, 10:41:36 am »
Bai palfer :)