Author Topic: ♞1er Régiment de Polish Lanciers de la Garde Impériale (NA Cavalry) [Recruiting]  (Read 572504 times)

Offline John Smith

• First Sergeant
  • "I swear Pocahontas told me she was 18"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Kiwi_JohnSmith
  • Side: Neutral
wow second page well i have come to save are thread but as spiderman says everyone gets one.

uwotm8
If you see a sheep it is probably mine

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
Ah Avid Pheasent hunter here and former deer hunter dont do it as much anymore I got 2 dogs and german shorthaired pointed and a wirehair griffon

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Ah Avid Pheasent hunter here and former deer hunter dont do it as much anymore I got 2 dogs and german shorthaired pointed and a wirehair griffon
I have a Yorkshire terrier, he is useless for birding. I do hunt pheasant, but usually only find partridge. They are just as tasty.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Too bad you don't come down to CT  ;)

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞1er Régiment de Polish Lanciers de la Garde Impériale
« Reply #1789 on: August 03, 2013, 10:18:32 pm »
Pepper, nobody can go down for you, all we can do is hope we don't go up  8)

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ah yeah true that brotha  :D

Offline BlackFysh

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DeLaitre
War of the Roses is eeeewwwww.  I played for one day in the beta. 

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
Hey, boys. Hope all is well! i have a surprise for you. Get ready to CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!

PIEROGI TIME
I just remembered a question I had a while ago, do Russian sailors have any kind of melee weapons? I ask because in the picture you posted the guy only has a pistol. And an awesome hat.

I believe they carried sabres of some description. That being the case, I'll probably give them the standard infantry Degen. Maybe some cutlasses.

Anyway, I've been putting this off for a long time because I didn't want to half-ass it but I finally got around to making the Chevau-Legers Polonaise de la Garde Imperiale, the regiment better known as the Polish Lancers. Bearing in mind they weren't issued lances until December 1809.

Originally created in 1807 by Napoleon to serve as an elite bodyguard recruited from the Polish nobility and landowning classes, they were unquestionably the most famous cavalry regiment of the era and frequently cited as one of the greatest of all time, the Polish Chevau-Legers proved their incredible aptitude for combat time after time at several of the period's major battles.

Their most famous exploit was probably at the 30 November, 1808 battle of Somosierra Pass, where the Spanish had set up a desperate last attempt to halt the French march on Madrid. A single squardon of the Polish Chevau-Legers charged the Spanish army, artillery and all, head on and captured all four of their batteries. Though half the squadron was killed or wounded in the charge, they carved a permanent name for themselves in the annals of history.

In the 1809 war against Austria, they saw action at several of the major battles of the Austrian front, including Aspern-Essling and Wagram. The most noteworthy battles of the war.

They wore one of my absolute favourite uniforms from the era, so I put more than the usual time into making these (the czapka alone took about 8 hours or so)

Ingame

[close]

Shouldn't be much work to make the officer from this. I need only decide if I want to make the indigo uniform or the white one. Might work on the trousers, too. They're just palette-swapped Polish general's trousers and are thus a bit old.
[close]

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
My fucking god I shouldn't have cum this early in the morning.....

Offline Lumen

• Second Lieutenant
  • Your local Afro aficionado/cocoa connoisseur.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [IV]1LH_Uffz_Koz
War of the Roses is eeeewwwww.  I played for one day in the beta.
I quite enjoyed the beta.

Offline John Smith

• First Sergeant
  • "I swear Pocahontas told me she was 18"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Kiwi_JohnSmith
I played war of the roses before warband so naturally I like it.
If you see a sheep it is probably mine

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
Chivalry anyone  ;D
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
PLG.... RIDE TILL I DIE

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
1er(specifically Case, Sandford, and Pepper) I humbly request you leave the arty alone tonight so that we may shoot you in the face with canister kill everyone on your team, allow you to kill everyone on our team(except us the arty) so that we may have a duel of the fates.

Again 1erPLG  :-*

Offline DarkKnight

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
I played war of the roses before warband so naturally I like it.

An Australian would...