Author Topic: Super Top Secret Thundersnow FRIDAY Linebattle Extravaganza=LAST EVENT TONIGHT!!  (Read 155930 times)

Offline Master2124

• Sergeant
  • Commander of the 4e[LV]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e[LV]Kpt_Master
  • Side: Union
And the 3eme DID follow rules. Not one of our members was slayed tonight.

~M

You're going to complain about a lack of admin action against breaking rules, then use a lack of admin action as evidence of you following the rules?

Way to twist it. 3eme broke no rules tonight. Aye, we had some people bitching, but not one of our guys FOL'd or FOC'd. No one was slain.

There was a lack of admining - especially at the beginning of the event.

~M
Quote from: Walko
I find it odd that your signature says signatures are pointless, but you sign everything with ~M   
No U
~M

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
Good responses.

I won't break it down, suffice to say that some of the questions you put forth regarding the rules were indeed answered by me in the chat. 

One Regiment running two seperate lines has always been allowed.  Having personally run two seperate lines many times in the past, it requires two commanders operating in separate teamspeak channels, or one brilliant commander and a quiet teamspeak to pull it off. 

Thank you for pointing out that this is not mentioned in the rules.  I guess it never dawned on me that someone might think it was not allowed.  I will add it immediately. 

This was a cause for a lot of confusion, I think mainly because of the way the question was worded?  I would like to point out that later on in the evening, about the 25% mark, I did indeed answer this question directly from one of your men because he asked exactly what the rules were regarding splitting the regiment into two separate lines, and he acknowledged my answer.

A main point you keep going back to is "Should an entire regiment be punished for the actions of the Colonel?"

My answer to this question, without a doubt or hesitation in my mind, has always been and always will be a resounding "YES". 

If for example a new Regiment signed up for my event, and halfway into it, say that new Regiment Leader starts screaming racial profanities, or the Regiment leader starts teamkilling over and over again for the purpose of trolling and making the other attendees of the event miserable. 

After being told to stop, say he keeps it up.  I would ban his entire Regiment immediately. 

And I have done so in the past.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 12:16:15 pm by Thundersnow »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Good responses.

I won't break it down, suffice to say that some of the questions you put forth regarding the rules were indeed answered by me in the chat. 

One Regiment running two seperate lines has always been allowed.  Having personally run two seperate lines many times in the past, it requires two commanders operating in separate teamspeak channels, or one brilliant commander and a quiet teamspeak to pull it off. 

Thank you for pointing out that this is not mentioned in the rules.  I guess it never dawned on me that someone might think it was not allowed.  I will add it immediately. 

This was a cause for a lot of confusion, I think mainly because of the way the question was worded?  I would like to point out that later on in the evening, about the 25% mark, I did indeed answer this question directly from one of your men because he asked exactly what the rules were regarding splitting the regiment into two separate lines, and he acknowledged my answe

A main point you keep going back to is "Should an entire regiment be punished for the actions of the Colonel?"

My answer to this question, without a doubt or hesitation in my mind, has always been and always will be a resounding "YES". 

If for example a new Regiment signed up for my event, and halfway into it, say that new Regiment Leader starts screaming racial profanities, or the Regiment leader starts teamkilling over and over again for the purpose of trolling and making the other attendees of the event miserable. 

After being told to stop, say he keeps it up.  I would ban his entire Regiment immediately. 

I signed 3eme up for a linebattle with rules and admins. What I showed up and got was NOT what I signed up for. My men and I dedicated our time to partake in this yet the admins did not see it fit to attempt to provide the experience that this event claims to provide. Also eatjello you can fuck off buddy, you tkd first with no warning etc. Also I have hosted several events in the past and currently host now. I can assure you I understand having a bad night but at the same time the admin staff literally let the situation escalate to the point the entire first map was a cluster fuck of rule bending and breaking. Yet all admins sat and did pretty much nothing until the entire chat was spammed with bitching. To add to the fuckery the server provided most people with EU like pings. The entire event from start to ban was unenjoyable and a complete waste of my regiments time. I wish rules would have been enforced better so that it would have went better but sadly it isnt the case. I do apologize to some degree for my actions in the last round but to be fair, all I was doing was giving what I was getting. Also sorry for the text block Im posting this via mobile.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Okay.  Well, it's quite apparent that we'll have to agree to disagree on a majority of issues. 

I've pretty much covered all your points of contention in my two previous posts.

All money spent will be immediately refunded.

Good luck to you in the future.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:46:14 pm by Thundersnow »

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
Thundersnow for my eternal leader.

#never4getmeoverlord
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
Speaking as a volunteer for the 87th, I have no bones to pick with anyone. What happened happened, and it ended.

I do have one question that I've been thinking about since it went dow: Suppose regiment X earns itself a healthy dose of Thunderwrath, resulting in permabannings for everyone. What happens if Bob leaves regiment X and joins regiment Y, a respectable regiment that attends this event? He's in a fix because he was permabanned with his old reg, so he can't join with the new one.

I suppose you could say that the people in reg Y who were banned got what they brought on themselves, and that's true. But I also believe a player can be as good as his reg's leader. I was blessed with the 87th as my first reg, and though I've made mistakes (and probably still will), I firmly believe that the time I spent there taught me how to be a respectable player. Some players don't benefit from that good start, are recruited by bad regiments, and don't learn NW etiquette. They see their leader do something wrong, and because they haven't been taught to know better, they do the same and end up getting banned.

Anyway, back to Bob: He's left regiment X, gone to regiment Y, and learns the proper way to conduct himself. He's still banned from the server, though. Even though it may have been something particularly bad that earned him his ban, could he still contact you to ask for an unbanning?

Offline ~Lafayette~

• Volunteer
  • You lost the war 150 years ago, quit fighting it
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14y[L]_Yefr_Lafayette
Well for the last 6 months since we started out as a regiment doing this event, When I started out with 5 to 10 guys and we have enjoyed the event for the most part.

with the GCG come to this event I knew FOL was gonna be a subject talked about a bit,Nothing against the GCG as a hole
Spoiler
fuck fury
[close]
I just don't see them making double ranks.I never liked no FoC rules myself.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8qmOA7XsA[/youtube]

I have never been targeted by a friendly unit like with that Marceaux kid. Even my biggest fan club fans havent gone that low in plain sight.  and with these videos I rest my case.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Qio2Hi7QxKE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/95RC6Ra0EpY[/youtube]

And in closing I rest my case this kid is on a  pretty high powered trip to think he can just tk another leader of a group and think nothing is gonna happen.

P.S I kinda feel bad for the 3eme for haven a retarded  leader

What mod is that you're using?

Offline Master2124

• Sergeant
  • Commander of the 4e[LV]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e[LV]Kpt_Master
Good responses.

This was a cause for a lot of confusion, I think mainly because of the way the question was worded?  I would like to point out that later on in the evening, about the 25% mark, I did indeed answer this question directly from one of your men because he asked exactly what the rules were regarding splitting the regiment into two separate lines, and he acknowledged my answer.

You banned players that were not trolling at all, only over a tag. We are not the 9y which was banned from 7NA events because of the conduct of every single member. Only a choice group of 3eme did anything last night.

But as long as their is no bad blood, the 3eme will cut its losses from this discussion. Let us move on, eh?

~M
Quote from: Walko
I find it odd that your signature says signatures are pointless, but you sign everything with ~M   
No U
~M

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
Good responses.

You banned players that were not trolling at all, only over a tag. We are not the 9y which was banned from 7NA events because of the conduct of every single member. Only a choice group of 3eme did anything last night.

But as long as their is no bad blood, the 3eme will cut its losses from this discussion. Let us move on, eh?

~M

Every single member of the 9y was a troll? Mack is a troll? Please don't bring in other regiments that have nothing to do with your situation.
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Good responses.

~M

Every single member of the 9y was a troll? Mack is a troll? Please don't bring in other regiments that have nothing to do with your situation.
[close]
Pretty sure he is talking about the 'reformed' 9y.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Also eatjello you can fuck off buddy, you tk'd first with no warning etc.

What ever makes u happy buddie

Spoiler
Good responses.

[close]

Actually this is Very funny there was a few 9y guys there acting totally normal, don't try to change the subject

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Anyway, back to Bob: He's left regiment X, gone to regiment Y, and learns the proper way to conduct himself. He's still banned from the server, though. Even though it may have been something particularly bad that earned him his ban, could he still contact you to ask for an unbanning?

Yeah bud that's no problem.  Whoever is banned just has to contact me beforehand and let me know what the deal was when they were banned.

It's a simple process.  My Ban List is very short.

~M

Sounds good to me. 

Operation Move On is now in effect.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
We disbanded OG 9y back in August.

Still talked about to this day. GG.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Well for the last 6 months since we started out as a regiment doing this event, When I started out with 5 to 10 guys and we have enjoyed the event for the most part.

with the GCG come to this event I knew FOL was gonna be a subject talked about a bit,Nothing against the GCG as a hole
Spoiler
fuck fury
[close]
I just don't see them making double ranks.I never liked no FoC rules myself.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8qmOA7XsA[/youtube]

I have never been targeted by a friendly unit like with that Marceaux kid. Even my biggest fan club fans havent gone that low in plain sight.  and with these videos I rest my case.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Qio2Hi7QxKE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/95RC6Ra0EpY[/youtube]

And in closing I rest my case this kid is on a  pretty high powered trip to think he can just tk another leader of a group and think nothing is gonna happen.

P.S I kinda feel bad for the 3eme for haven a retarded  leader
[close]

What mod is that you're using?
[/quote]

Bunch of sound mods and Parrots mod plus my own sound track mod which im almost most done with.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
I thought he was asking what Napoleonic Wars was  ;D