Author Topic: Super Top Secret Thundersnow FRIDAY Linebattle Extravaganza=LAST EVENT TONIGHT!!  (Read 155983 times)

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
Oprichniki has arty tonight

63e has cav tonight if they want it

Also, TONIGHT is the LAST THUNDERSNOW EVENT EVER!!!!   Here's the info from the last page!!!
Spoiler

It is with a happy heart that I announce that tonight will be the last official “Super Top Secret Thundersnow Linebattle Extravaganza” Event!

I say “Happy” because although technically it is the end of a fantastic event that many of you have attended at one time or another, it will forever remain in our memories as a good time.

And that’s what life really is all about.  Good memories.  Or horrific, soul crushing memories that alter your perception of reality…

But I digress.

I’m so pleased that I was able to provide a place for people to come and have an enjoyable time!

An Event that was, without exception, always running on Friday night, for FOUR YEARS!

A place that you could come back to 2-3 years later, because, and this is the fact I’m most proud of, the password was always the same!

I prided myself on being one of the easiest-going Event Administrators in NW.  If you were banned from my event, you had to have really screwed up, and everyone would agree.

One of my major goals was to keep the Event around 190, so people were not locked out and spending 30 minutes trying to get in.  A goal that I am proud to say was achieved 95% of the time.

I ran things differently.  And perhaps that’s one reason why Regiments came and went (as they are wont to do anyway).  I liked to keep things flowing and loose.  I didn’t want to bog down the screen with purple text.  If at all possible, I would contact the Regiment leader via steam to avoid embarrassing an entire Regiment publically.  It took more time, but the outcome was what I desired.

Everything must come to an end.  The fact that this Event for such a small niche game lasted FOUR YEARS is, to me, incredible.  This whole thing started back in Mount and Musket when the only Event, 5arge’s Hardcore Linebattle, had grown so big that entire regiments were locked out…Jorge (Colonel of the 8th and now the host of the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=22697.0 ) and Tico (Colonel of 18th) contacted me and said “Let’s start our own Event!”.  And we did, within the hour.  That very night. 

It got so popular that Jorge and I ran two separate Friday Events together for 6 months. 

If you’re interested, I’ve uploaded 500 videos of entire linebattles back over the years, along with unedited teamspeak for your perusal.  Just type in "00th". 

I look forward to attending other Friday Events with my glorious 00th Intergalactic Space Regiment!  This time as an attendee, and not as the organizer.  I can’t tell you how much more relaxing it is to simply “Just Play”.  Be sure to give thanks to your Event organizers…it is truly a thankless job.

And last but not least, I’d like to thank the 87th for being there with us for the majority of the time, always professional and amazing to watch!  And of course, the 24th, formerly the 41st, who were there from the beginning until a few months ago.  A special shout-out goes to my friends from across the globe in the 10th!  You crazy Aussies and New Zealanders kept my Event alive all summer.  And thanks to the 00th.  It kind of sucks when the leader of your Regiment is busy running the only Event you attend.  Thanks for your patience and understanding, and not staging a coup, which ironically was my underlying purpose of doing all this in the first place four years ago, so that I could go back to a normal life and leave all this behind. 

Thanks to all the regiments that chose to attend my Event over the years.  It’s always been a great surprise that large groups of people would choose to attend my Event.  I am deeply honored.

Also, thanks to http://www.BlueFangSolutions.com for providing the server for the last few years!  I look forward to working with them again in the future should I start up Events for other games!  It’s always been a smooth experience, and I would recommend them to anyone asking. 

A big Thanks goes to 00th_Underlord_Kcblue, my right hand man, for helping me with server responsibilities and handing out the teams to working with other Regiment Leaders when I was engaged in other matters, like thousands of last-minute requests from other Regiment leaders, fielding questions from the press, and fending off the hordes of maniacal female groupies that are drawn to the power that comes with hosting a Friday Napoleonic Wars Event.

All that said, I look forward to the next chapter in my life.  My webcomic Planet Thundersnow! http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com   I plan to release an official thread for it, because it’s still in Alpha…but you guys get early access, because I feel like we have a connection.  Do you feel it?

Thanks for being there guys!  It meant a lot!

Cya on the battlefield!

Love,

-Overlord Thundersnow
Leader of the 00th Intergalactic Space Command
Emperor of Time, Space and 47,291 alternate Dimensions
Possibly related to you in one form or another.

P.S.
I’ll lock this thread on Jan 1, 2016.

P.P.S
Almost 50,000 views!  Beat that!
[close]

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
why is this your last evenet?

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
why is this your last evenet?

It is with a happy heart that I announce that tonight will be the last official “Super Top Secret Thundersnow Linebattle Extravaganza” Event!

I say “Happy” because although technically it is the end of a fantastic event that many of you have attended at one time or another, it will forever remain in our memories as a good time.

And that’s what life really is all about.  Good memories.  Or horrific, soul crushing memories that alter your perception of reality…

But I digress.

I’m so pleased that I was able to provide a place for people to come and have an enjoyable time!

An Event that was, without exception, always running on Friday night, for FOUR YEARS!

A place that you could come back to 2-3 years later, because, and this is the fact I’m most proud of, the password was always the same!

I prided myself on being one of the easiest-going Event Administrators in NW.  If you were banned from my event, you had to have really screwed up, and everyone would agree.

One of my major goals was to keep the Event around 190, so people were not locked out and spending 30 minutes trying to get in.  A goal that I am proud to say was achieved 95% of the time.

I ran things differently.  And perhaps that’s one reason why Regiments came and went (as they are wont to do anyway).  I liked to keep things flowing and loose.  I didn’t want to bog down the screen with purple text.  If at all possible, I would contact the Regiment leader via steam to avoid embarrassing an entire Regiment publically.  It took more time, but the outcome was what I desired.

Everything must come to an end.  The fact that this Event for such a small niche game lasted FOUR YEARS is, to me, incredible.  This whole thing started back in Mount and Musket when the only Event, 5arge’s Hardcore Linebattle, had grown so big that entire regiments were locked out…Jorge (Colonel of the 8th and now the host of the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=22697.0 ) and Tico (Colonel of 18th) contacted me and said “Let’s start our own Event!”.  And we did, within the hour.  That very night. 

It got so popular that Jorge and I ran two separate Friday Events together for 6 months. 

If you’re interested, I’ve uploaded 500 videos of entire linebattles back over the years, along with unedited teamspeak for your perusal.  Just type in "00th". 

I look forward to attending other Friday Events with my glorious 00th Intergalactic Space Regiment!  This time as an attendee, and not as the organizer.  I can’t tell you how much more relaxing it is to simply “Just Play”.  Be sure to give thanks to your Event organizers…it is truly a thankless job.

And last but not least, I’d like to thank the 87th for being there with us for the majority of the time, always professional and amazing to watch!  And of course, the 24th, formerly the 41st, who were there from the beginning until a few months ago.  A special shout-out goes to my friends from across the globe in the 10th!  You crazy Aussies and New Zealanders kept my Event alive all summer.  And thanks to the 00th.  It kind of sucks when the leader of your Regiment is busy running the only Event you attend.  Thanks for your patience and understanding, and not staging a coup, which ironically was my underlying purpose of doing all this in the first place four years ago, so that I could go back to a normal life and leave all this behind. 

Thanks to all the regiments that chose to attend my Event over the years.  It’s always been a great surprise that large groups of people would choose to attend my Event.  I am deeply honored.

Also, thanks to http://www.BlueFangSolutions.com for providing the server for the last few years!  I look forward to working with them again in the future should I start up Events for other games!  It’s always been a smooth experience, and I would recommend them to anyone asking. 

A big Thanks goes to 00th_Underlord_Kcblue, my right hand man, for helping me with server responsibilities and handing out the teams to working with other Regiment Leaders when I was engaged in other matters, like thousands of last-minute requests from other Regiment leaders, fielding questions from the press, and fending off the hordes of maniacal female groupies that are drawn to the power that comes with hosting a Friday Napoleonic Wars Event.

All that said, I look forward to the next chapter in my life.  My webcomic Planet Thundersnow! http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com   I plan to release an official thread for it, because it’s still in Alpha…but you guys get early access, because I feel like we have a connection.  Do you feel it?

Thanks for being there guys!  It meant a lot!

Cya on the battlefield!

Love,

-Overlord Thundersnow
Leader of the 00th Intergalactic Space Command
Emperor of Time, Space and 47,291 alternate Dimensions
Possibly related to you in one form or another.

P.S.
I’ll lock this thread on Jan 1, 2016.

P.P.S
Almost 50,000 views!  Beat that!

Offline Mo_Mo110

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
hmmf

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
  • Side: Confederacy
Thundersnow, you probably have know clue who I am or you might because of my reputation. I wasn't as fortunate as you to have such a great reputation.

Either way i look like a lil bitch above but what eva. If your leaving the community or not, I would like to wish you the best of luck in the real world. Been great seeing your event going form here or there, also I will miss seeing the few 00th guys that are some of the chillest MF you'll meet. Well I guess what I'm trying to say it GL in the future man the few times I've talked to you you've been chill and I wish you the best.

Merry Christmas
Lonley Chantakey.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
Why am I still here

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Great last Event Everyone!

Thanks for coming over all these years!!!

Also:
Page 100!!!

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
All the best moving forward - I've heard nothing but great things from the event.  :)
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Lemon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Stazher_Sioux
I blame Xethos for not spamming me on steam enough. Sadly I was not able to make the last event but I enjoyed the event when I did come. Hopefully I will be able to come merc for the 00th again sometime.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:45:43 am by Lemon »

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Thanks for all your support and well wishes everyone!  It means a lot!

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
Best of luck spreading the tale of planet thundersnow throughout the galaxy!

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Thanks man! 

The page is evolving nicely!   8)

http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
Thanks man! 

The page is evolving nicely!   8)

http://www.PlanetThundersnow.com

NOOOOOO GOOD BYE BELOVED OVERLORD Excited to see Planet Thundersnow finished
Cant win if you dont play.

Offline HIKKUPZ

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 10thRM_Captain_HIKKUPZ
It is with great dismay I wish you the best of luck continuing your webcomic & other talents. It was the best run event in NA as far as Oceania players were concerned. On behalf of the Men Of Valor federation I thank you for the privelidge of playing weekly on your server all the best mate!

Offline Tammo

• Major
  • I eat ass daily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob Ross
Damn.. you were there in the beginning, and the secret friday linebattle was one of my first events being a lowly recruit under Tico.
Thanks for providing a great introduction to years of fun. Your event was one of the first that provided the entertaining experience that NW/MM was made for
Thank you for that, and have fun with being a participant.