Author Topic: Super Top Secret Thundersnow FRIDAY Linebattle Extravaganza=LAST EVENT TONIGHT!!  (Read 155847 times)

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
Added the Regiment List.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
could we please continue having free cam? I think the regiment leaders and event orginizers should talk about this.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
could we please continue having free cam? I think the regiment leaders and event orginizers should talk about this.
Yeah lets have a discussion on it here.

DO you or DO you NOT like the Lock-To-Teamates-Upon-Death ghost mode?

PROS:
It promotes a realistic feel.
Regiments will walk into certain death without realizing it.
Ambushes are pulled off regularly.
Easier to flank unaware regiments.

CONS:
People recording from a birds eye view don't like it.

Feel free to chime in if you attend this event.

Many's the time I've turned around and suddenly there are 20 enemies charging into us.  The unknown factor really ratchets up the intensity. 

I myself love Lock-To-Teamate cam.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:39:50 pm by Thundersnow »

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
Last Friday, I was shot in a charge, and after my guys finished them off, I couldn't immediately figure out who was still alive so I could make a call on it quickly. The people who were alive did not have mics either, so they couldn't call themselves out. I ended up just ordering them to charge on.

I personally think the Lock-to-teammate cam should be removed.

Also, could you change our abbreviation on the regiment list from 2e to 2eCui? Thanks!

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
I think what sets you apart thundersnow is that you always are trying new things. someimes I dont agree with them but others such as flag battles I do. However in this case I disagree.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
  • Crunch, forever and always
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CRUNCH
  • Side: Confederacy
I think it is a good idea. Why do you need to see who is alive? You gonna give somebody a merit based on their performance in game or something?

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
    • View Profile
Need the other Regiment Leaders to chime in.  Let them know this is up for discussion if you're in their reg.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
I'm not part of your battle but I'm willing to vouch against it. The Thursday event Jezza hosted enforced lock on and for the most part made spectating very boring while it's boring to be dead already. I can tell you it is used for ghosting on occasions but only late game when some are dead.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
I think it is a good idea. Why do you need to see who is alive? You gonna give somebody a merit based on their performance in game or something?
If we're awarding merit based on ingame performance then it isn't about spectating them, its about that green text in the bottom left hand corner. The reason I would like the cam to be removed is so I can quickly see who is alive, and then appoint one of them to take command, especially if my NCOs are dead, which was the case that I described in my earlier post.

I'm not part of your battle but I'm willing to vouch against it. The Thursday event Jezza hosted enforced lock on and for the most part made spectating very boring while it's boring to be dead already. I can tell you it is used for ghosting on occasions but only late game when some are dead.
I agree with this as well.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
It lessens the boredom of death.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
If we're awarding merit based on ingame performance then it isn't about spectating them, its about that green text in the bottom left hand corner. The reason I would like the cam to be removed is so I can quickly see who is alive, and then appoint one of them to take command, especially if my NCOs are dead, which was the case that I described in my earlier post.

Yes, but if your guys knew their role, you would not need to appoint them, because they would know automatically to take lead when you say you died. But anyways, I said my thoughts, so carry along.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
Spoiler

[close]
Yes, but if your guys knew their role, you would not need to appoint them, because they would know automatically to take lead when you say you died. But anyways, I said my thoughts, so carry along.

Typically, someone would speak up, but this particular instance the only ones left alive were no-mic rankers. Too much time passed before I could see who was there and could issue an order myself. That is where it conflicts.

Offline Branok

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Sergeant Major
  • blah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st_Maj_Branok
I like the cam how it is. Don't change it. I enjoy not having anyone watching out for regiments from a birds eye view. It makes it a tad more challenging.

Offline Death by EMP

• Major
    • View Profile
Spoiler

[close]

Typically, someone would speak up, but this particular instance the only ones left alive were no-mic rankers. Too much time passed before I could see who was there and could issue an order myself. That is where it conflicts.
Fair enough, I see your point. I still think lock on would be a fun idea though.

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
Regiment Name: 2e Regiment de Cuirassiers
Yes I am the Regiment Leader: I am
Steam Name: Cop, you have me.
Position Applied for: Cavalry
Date: Today's date is 5/1/13, we would like to start playing cavalry on 5/3/13
When My Regiment Finally Decides To Go Back To Infantry, I Will Inform The Hosting Admin So That Another Regiment May Fill That Slot Quickly.