Author Topic: [New Name]The War of 1809  (Read 45262 times)

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars++ [In need of an experienced coder]
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:59 pm »
I feel like adding misfires might be a pointless addition that could get really annoying after a while. People play the game to shoot and stab each other, not to clean a fouled weapon.
Some people like realism.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2013, 12:06:37 am »
I feel like adding misfires might be a pointless addition that could get really annoying after a while. People play the game to shoot and stab each other, not to clean a fouled weapon.
Some people like realism.

Eventually I want to make it togglable so that you can decide on your server if you want them or not, or perhaps have them in LB's not in pub-play

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:17 am »
In terms of fouling it generally happened once you'd been firing your weapon a while, especially if with low quality powder. So perhaps make it begin to happen now and then after say 25 shots have been fired. Though I'm not certain of this I would presume this would affect the British the least given the higher quality of powder they used.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2013, 05:53:12 am »
++ reminds me of Runescape's poisoned weapons, haha. Many moons ago.

However, this is what Napoleonic warfare should've been. However, with the clannish mentality of units, it'd be a bit difficult to convince units to come over to ++.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:46 am »
++ reminds me of Runescape's poisoned weapons, haha. Many moons ago.

However, this is what Napoleonic warfare should've been. However, with the clannish mentality of units, it'd be a bit difficult to convince units to come over to ++.

thats what im aiming for. This is a community mod that will fix what you think should've been fixed - add what should've been added and make up for where Napoleonic Wars let down

EDIT: I know for at least the first release not many will come across to NW++ but eventually once we add in all the features that people want but keep the base game the same... they will come
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:48:06 am by TomaHawkAU »

Offline Paul

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 10:15:27 am »
I've always wanted just a really really realistic NW mode.. You should implement and option to turn on or off the banner floaty roundy things on your head so you  have to pay attention to uniforms. But i would imagine if you had prussian units on the british team (Which i believe there was, i had the old version) and were fighting prussians in say tdm there'd be a whole lot of tking so thats why you should have an option :D

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2013, 10:19:07 am »
I've always wanted just a really really realistic NW mode.. You should implement and option to turn on or off the banner floaty roundy things on your head so you  have to pay attention to uniforms. But i would imagine if you had prussian units on the british team (Which i believe there was, i had the old version) and were fighting prussians in say tdm there'd be a whole lot of tking so thats why you should have an option :D

there was in the old version because it was waterloo, but we are removing that faction

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2013, 10:21:15 am »
I've always thought banner removal would be good. Lines would be more inclined to use flags and artillery would have to be a wii bit more cautious.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2013, 10:35:07 am »
I've always thought banner removal would be good. Lines would be more inclined to use flags and artillery would have to be a wii bit more cautious.

fair point

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25:31 am »
:O Double Post

anyway im looking for maps for NW++ so any maps you know and like or any maps you have made send me the download link and they'll be in this mod.... looking especially for new Siege maps

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »
:O Double Post

anyway im looking for maps for NW++ so any maps you know and like or any maps you have made send me the download link and they'll be in this mod.... looking especially for new Siege maps

Check out 33rd siege to look if you like maps. Incase you do, contact me.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2013, 01:46:34 pm »
I got quite some siege maps.. Besides that, please don't make the fixable bayonets. It's not historical, and it will just be a pain in the ass.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:48 pm »
I got quite some siege maps.. Besides that, please don't make the fixable bayonets. It's not historical, and it will just be a pain in the ass.

Idd.

It's like anyone cares about it, there are bigger changes to be made :).
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2013, 02:56:02 pm »
Yeah, personally I think that modders only add it to have an extra feature.. Because it's historical innacurate. And it's really annoying aswell. I really hope you'll remove that feature, besides that if you've a map idea then send me, I'll make it!
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2013, 03:17:04 pm »
It's not historically inaccurate...well it mostly is but it's an iffy one. At the end of the day it's a bloody useless feature in an NW mod, the time frame simply does not fit with that ideology.