Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 283624 times)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #1740 on: June 12, 2016, 12:01:43 am »
It really isn't like the directors all got together and went "These dun wemen needs to be objectivied, lets make this one a lesbo" and then they went out and lynched a bunch of people. I doubt the directors went "Its been too long since we've seen dem tits" and then decided to add in the scene. I'll go with agreeing to the fact that it is sexist if you view it that way, but I'm almost certain they added in that scene for a purpose other than being pure scumbags.

Also Windflower could you tone down the cancer a lil bit there bud?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1741 on: June 12, 2016, 12:14:13 am »
What if Yara and Daneryas get into a lesbian relationship?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1742 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:39 am »
UGH HBO IS SEXIST AND RACIST AND FUCKING TRIGGERING ME, THEY ARE SO STUPID WAKE UP, MEN ARE CONTROLLING THIOS WORldD >:(

shut up fag youre actually not funny at all
Oh no, are you gonna unfriend me on steam again

oh wait

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #1743 on: June 12, 2016, 01:50:41 am »
UGH HBO IS SEXIST AND RACIST AND FUCKING TRIGGERING ME, THEY ARE SO STUPID WAKE UP, MEN ARE CONTROLLING THIOS WORldD >:(

oh wait

Lmao you are a cancer on this thread. People like you are exactly the reason why D&D have to dumb shit down.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 12, 2016, 02:11:05 am »
Jeez Audiate, the thing is there was no reason to think she was straight either, aside from the higher probality of that being true, her being bisexual or lesbian isn't really that difficult to concieve of.

Yes, there was no actual reason that she had to be gay and yes, sexism did most likely factor into their decision to do that, but it still does not mean that there is really anything wrong in terms of the plot with her swinging the other way there.

I do understand why you would feel disdain for such a brazen display of sexuality, but I don't think it was misplaced or anything. They were in a brothel and it just so happened that she wanted to participate too. Is that really such a big problem for her character or the story?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:53:39 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1745 on: June 12, 2016, 02:39:49 am »

oh wait

Lmao you are a cancer on this thread. People like you are exactly the reason why D&D have to dumb shit down.

This is how I get my kicks Redcoat, I love seeing people type angry paragraphs and responses to someone they have never met, and on the internet to top it off. Just like you.  ;)

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 12, 2016, 09:30:34 am »
And why couldn't she have partaken with a male prostitute?

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1747 on: June 12, 2016, 10:56:57 am »
Anyone consider the idea that they were just trying to please the feminazis by adding the scene?

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 12, 2016, 11:00:11 am »
Did anyone else watch the scene and didn't feel offended?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 12, 2016, 11:01:09 am »
Anyone consider the idea that they were just trying to please the feminazis by adding the scene?

Then they're doing a terrible job.

Did anyone else watch the scene and didn't feel offended?

I'm not offended, I'm extremely annoyed.

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1750 on: June 12, 2016, 11:04:46 am »
Take it as what you want, but I believe they're using this as a tactic to please minorities.

Game of Thrones is a target with a big red target on it from all sorts of people, including feminists. It's a show that broadcasts abuse and sexual material.

I think of it like certain television shows adding minorities. You know, "that one black character" we're so familiar with in shows and movies.

Chances are they got complaints, and they wanted to put out the fire, at least a little bit.

Walking Dead's "Black Samurai" anyone?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 12, 2016, 11:24:52 am »
But this is not pleasing feminists. Not feminists who actually have brains anyway. They're refusing to question traditional gender roles by not having Yara/Asha be able to be straight and argueable the strongest independent female character in the books and series, but go the easy way by just making her a lesbian so that now, she basically is a man with tits. They're using stereotypes for cheap storytelling.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #1752 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:58 pm »
It really isn't like the directors all got together and went "These dun wemen needs to be objectivied, lets make this one a lesbo" and then they went out and lynched a bunch of people. I doubt the directors went "Its been too long since we've seen dem tits" and then decided to add in the scene. I'll go with agreeing to the fact that it is sexist if you view it that way, but I'm almost certain they added in that scene for a purpose other than being pure scumbags.
Jeez Audiate, the thing is there was no reason to think she was straight either, aside from the higher probality of that being true, her being bisexual or lesbian isn't really that difficult to concieve of.

Yes, there was no actual reason that she had to be gay and yes, sexism did most likely factor into their decision to do that, but it still does not mean that there is really anything wrong in terms of the plot with her swinging the other way there.

The problem lies in that the directors and/or writes deliberately changed her character in the show from her character in the book in order to make her lesbian. The character in the books loved fucking who she wanted, but she was indeed straight, which actually emphasized something of importance--she would not marry who her family wanted her to marry, despite being one of the last surviving children of a would-be king, and instead she would lay with whoever she wanted to lay with. And if she is straight, that would be only men, otherwise she would be laying with people she would not want to lay with, and that makes no sense. If that was an intentional and conscientious decision, it's wrong to portray her as a lesbian just to accent her "I do what I want" mentality. And if it was done without even thinking on it at all, it goes to show the people behind the show were not seeing a difference between a woman being powerful and adventurous and rugged and a woman being a lesbian at the time of writing that part.

I saw the scene previewed in the season trailer (in a screenshot) and thought "woah, Asha/Yara is going on an adventure and this horny slave from Volantis (she had the tattoo) was getting up in her face." I was upset to see it was just a softcore sex scene to give the wrong message towards who she is in order to follow sexist ideas.

They're refusing to question traditional gender roles by not having Yara/Asha be able to be straight and argueable the strongest independent female character in the books and series, but go the easy way by just making her a lesbian so that now, she basically is a man with tits. They're using stereotypes for cheap storytelling.

This.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #1753 on: June 12, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »

oh wait

This is how I get my kicks Redcoat, I love seeing people type angry paragraphs and responses to someone they have never met, and on the internet to top it off. Just like you.  ;)

I don't have time to type paragraphs. I also don't have time for weaboos.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1754 on: June 12, 2016, 05:17:01 pm »
Redredcoat is acctually a weeb.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time