Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 282895 times)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:44 am »
:( poor Oberyn. Why couldn't he have yelled at the Mountain from out of arms reach :'(
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2014, 06:33:32 am »
Spoiler:
Spoiler
In the book does he actually squeeze his head to a pulp? I thought he gets punched to death in the face? The film scene was indeed more disturbing visually lol
[close]
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Sasuau

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 73rd_Rgl_John_Edwards
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2014, 06:40:10 am »
Spoiler:
Spoiler
In the book does he actually squeeze his head to a pulp? I thought he gets punched to death in the face? The film scene was indeed more disturbing visually lol
[close]

Yes he gets his head punched in. The scene in the series was a lot more disturbing.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:14 am »
Spoiler:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
They wrestled in the dust and blood, the broken spear wobbling back and forth. Tyrion saw with horror that the Mountain had wrapped one huge arm around the prince, drawing him tight against his chest, like a lover.
“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this.” As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch. Ellaria Sand wailed in terror, and Tyrion’s breakfast came boiling back up. He found himself on his knees retching bacon and sausage and applecakes, and that double helping of fried eggs cooked up with onions and fiery Dornish peppers.
He never heard his father speak the words that condemned him. Perhaps no words were necessary. I put my life in the Red Viper’s hands, and he dropped it. When he remembered, too late, that snakes had no hands, Tyrion began to laugh hysterically.
He was halfway down the serpentine steps before he realized that the gold cloaks were not taking him back to his tower room. “I’ve been consigned to the black cells,” he said. They did not bother to answer. Why waste your breath on the dead?
[close]
This is the script from last episode in of the show from A Storm of Swords.

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2014, 08:50:14 am »
He atleast achieved something, unlike alot other characters.

And yeah that also reminded me of that scene in 28 weeks later, damn.. Horrible stuff. Hearing oberyn scream like that and seeing his eyes get pushed in was definitly disturbing footage. ( Although I knew it was coming )
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:13 am »
There's not enough camomile tea the whole world to quell the rage in my heart.  While not as bad as the Red Wedding(Wanted to throw my laptop out the window then) its pisses me off why he didn't just finish him instead of talking all the time.
Spoiler
What makes me even more mad is the fact that he can do all the fancy flips,doges etc but can't roll away when he gets tripped.   What got me was that he mouth was still moving on that birds eye view shot. Also, I know its GoT so pretty much anything can happen but surly that's not even humanly possible, to crush someone's head just by pushing into their eyes. And when he teeth flew every where  :'(
[close]

Well he lost his guard for a second because he looked at his wife (/lover can't remember) and that was all the mountain needed.

Yeah that's the Mountain.

In the books he plays a much more predominant role, as opposed to the rinky dink stuff minor appearances in the show.   So when this fight comes up, you're already like AAAWWWWW YEAAAAAAAH!!!!

Well he did cut off his horse head in the first season.. That was pretty fucked up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:14:39 am by Furrnox »

Offline Barraclough

• Major
  • melee is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2014, 10:14:09 am »
I somewhat wish that I haven't read up on what would happen, but then I wouldn't be so in tears (like all the other deaths in the Show, Ned Stark, Joffrey, Rob etc..)
After seeing Oberyn fight though I wish he would've had some more fight scenes because his character was just so good.

I think my reaction probably would've been like this then
The reg with the best memes by far. Not even a contest. Also decent at shooting I guess.
The best reg in the world apparently

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 03, 2014, 10:16:09 am »
I somewhat wish that I haven't read up on what would happen, but then I wouldn't be so in tears (like all the other deaths in the Show, Ned Stark, Joffrey, Rob etc..)
After seeing Oberyn fight though I wish he would've had some more fight scenes because his character was just so good.

I think my reaction probably would've been like this then

In the books he apparently had a few more scenes & in the books he didn't know before Tyrion told him that the mountain was the murderer I guess that was why he really wanted him to confess in the books.

Offline Barraclough

• Major
  • melee is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 03, 2014, 10:18:06 am »
I just want more fighty scenes with Dornishmen fighting style
The reg with the best memes by far. Not even a contest. Also decent at shooting I guess.
The best reg in the world apparently

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #474 on: June 03, 2014, 12:12:31 pm »

The fighting scene itself was rather boring in my opinion. Oberyn was wrecking the mountain, he easily won. But the way he died. My god.
Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
I like that in the lore of the mountain it says he is a rather fast fighter for his size.. Which wasn't really shown in the scene..

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 03, 2014, 12:29:32 pm »

The fighting scene itself was rather boring in my opinion. Oberyn was wrecking the mountain, he easily won. But the way he died. My god.

You already knew what was coming, which kind of removed the fight thrill for you, I guess. I went in knowing not what the hell was going to happen. Here's my thought process:

"Well, they just brought back the Mountain for an episode. They'll kill him off just to progress the story."

"Yep, Oberyn is winning, I'm right! Holy eggs, dem flips."

"pls dont throw that soear at tywin"

"Alright... Kill him already..."

"KILL HIM"

"its all ur fault"
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Wolfy

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm not crazy. The people in my head told me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wolfy
« Reply #477 on: June 03, 2014, 12:55:52 pm »
Vipers have venom do they not.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 03, 2014, 03:20:48 pm »
In the books he goes absolutely beserk during the fight and accidentally cleaves an onlooker (maybe a squire, I forgot) in half with a stray swing. I guess they couldn't really do that here, as the arena was mostly clear and the majority of the onlookers were in a raised stadium type arrangement, but it certainly would've been cool :3

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »
Yeah, my Brother told me that they weren't in an actual arena, and the Mountain actually did it on purpose? Perhaps he got confused.
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt