Author Topic: Low-mid Tournament [12th of March]  (Read 11907 times)

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Low-mid Tournament [12th of March]
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2023, 12:24:25 am »
Name one player from any of the teams that doesn't fit into either mid or low level cathegories. People always trynna stack and shit, but I wouldn't say there was a single player in the entire tournament that was above mid-level, (with the exception of our little guest in renaissance...).

Easy.
To prove my point to you, I must first explain who the First League teams are. They are teams that play at the highest level and usually have the best players. The First League teams are: Animals , NSS , Titans , Renessainse and so on. The First League teams are the strongest teams and players in the game. League One teams can compete with each other, and will be at about the same level, when in turn there are weaker teams. Any team in League One will be stronger than any team in League Two, and so on. The teams from the first league play against the same strongest teams every day, playing in the strongest and best tournaments. Virtually any player from any team in League One is not in itself a lower or middle class player.
In this tournament we have several players from the top division, from the best teams. How they were allowed into the tournament, and allowed to play at all - I have no idea. Everyone, for some reason, paid attention to Blitzkrieg, but the fact that almost every team had a conditional "Blitzkrieg" - no one paid attention.
Of the teams in League One, this tournament was attended by :
- Coco , Ronaldinho , Stoiki - from "Animals".
- Nedim , Aras , Maskmann - from the NSS.
- Miloradovic from Infinity.
- Bird from "Emojis"
And others.
There are many more examples.

The real teams, with low- or mid-level players were at :
Nr.59
Nr.13
SF2
Invalids
SubV
13pp.
Assassins
All other teams, except for the ones I just wrote above, had players from top teams, which is not fair to the other teams. The presence of strong players in teams, in a tournament for weak players - makes the teams and the tournament itself unbalanced.

Tommy, already tried to make a tournament for beginners. Except that in this tournament everyone was registered. Players from the best squads, the best teams of the highest level and skill class.
It was not surprising to find out that the tournament designed "for beginners" was won by a team from the first league.

RF has low to mid tier players and we got fourth

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2023, 12:25:49 am »
I think a randomised low mid tier tourney would work way better cause then ppl can't stack teams and it's easier for new players to participate in since they don't need to be in a team in order to play

u could also have stronger mid tier players be captains or have it so each team has 1-2 strong players

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2023, 12:28:07 am »
I think a randomised low mid tier tourney would work way better cause then ppl can't stack teams and it's easier for new players to participate in since they don't need to be in a team in order to play

u could also have stronger mid tier players be captains or have it so each team has 1-2 strong players

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=45715.0

This has already been tried and I think it worked out quite well
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Giorno

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2023, 12:31:09 am »

Tbf NPPA and Akatsuki were a good good amount better than the comp, altho the tourney was a lot of fun from what I remember.

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2023, 12:32:44 am »

Main advantage of an rdm tourney is that it's more accessible for new players since all u need to play is have an fse account and do a sign up and I think it would be easier to advertise to semi-comp and casual regs to get players to sign up since they wouldn't have to make and manage a team on their own

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2023, 12:32:48 am »
RF has low to mid tier players and we got fourth
If the team called SF1 would not have: Maskman , Aras and Nedim , there would be players from their second team, such as Pumti for example.
And the Winx fairies would not have Tommy , BlueWinx , and maybe Spooky.
In turn, the team Coco would not have Bird , Ronaldinho , CatAstrophe .
Then, in that case, you could have easily taken first or even second place. Because you would be facing an opponent of your own level and strength.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2023, 12:34:42 am »

Tbf NPPA and Akatsuki were a good good amount better than the comp, altho the tourney was a lot of fun from what I remember.

NPPA's team looks on paper more stacked than it was. Happened when sHype was only just getting good where he mained NPP and when JohnnyBoy had just came back to the game after a long hiatus. Still won that tournament carrying drunk Wilma!
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2023, 12:35:02 am »

For some reason, Koko registered half of the players from "Animals" - no one noticed it, and such a team was not banned or canceled.
The same applies to SF1. The team consisted of players from the First League - there were three of them. And such a team was allowed. I am shocked.

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2023, 12:37:34 am »

For some reason, Koko registered half of the players from "Animals" - no one noticed it, and such a team was not banned or canceled.
The same applies to SF1. The team consisted of players from the First League - there were three of them. And such a team was allowed. I am shocked.
Being in a good team doesn't automatically mean you are too good to play a low-mid tier tourney. There's a lot of l1 teams that have weak players that are there just to bench and fill up the roster

Offline Witold

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2023, 12:40:26 am »

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2023, 12:42:37 am »

Besides that we only lost 6-7 to SF1, we were really close. So I found us to be quite on the same level

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2023, 12:42:42 am »

Being in a good team doesn't automatically mean you are too good to play a low-mid tier tourney. There's a lot of l1 teams that have weak players that are there just to bench and fill up the roster

I disagree.
You have a captain with many years of experience, who is also allowed to play, and not banned - which is nonsense.
On this, being in a strong first league team, being under the care, supervision of a strong captain - you can no longer be considered a "weak or average player". If you are in the team of the first league, even as a substitute. Do you think they will call just anyone to the first league team? Of course not.
The teams in league 1 play every week against similarly strong teams in league 1 and they get training, experience, skill, knowledge. The other participants of this tournament do not play so many practice matches, and do not play against the best teams every day. You have the advantage that playing every day against the best teams, being in the best team, you get an advantage over the other players in the form of: experience, skill, knowledge.
Therefore, in my opinion, being on a League 1 team makes you stronger than almost any player with a "weak or average" status, or even a "rookie" status.

Virtually any player on your team is stronger than almost any player on any team in this tournament. The same goes for Team Koko, SF1 and Renessainse.

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2023, 12:44:52 am »

Besides that we only lost 6-7 to SF1, we were really close. So I found us to be quite on the same level

If , the team "SF1" If you had not had players from the first league, with experience, skill, knowledge, which your players do not have - you would have beaten them.
I think it's not fair that the SF team was played by players from the NSS team. If the SF1 team had actually played players from that team - that would have been fair. If the players who played for SF were: Jamd0dger , Pumti , Headless , poberta , BenOfNW , and others. That would have been fair.

You could have won if there were no NSS players in SF1.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 12:47:17 am by XBOCT »

Offline Trexons

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Gren_Trexons
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2023, 12:51:43 am »
I am not even surprised that the teams that finished first to third were players from the first league, from the best playing teams. How many players were even allowed into the tournament for mid- and low-level players. I was very surprised to see so many players in this tournament. I am speechless. I should have invited some of the best players from League One to my team too, to give them a chance.
A special salute to Koko and his team, who delayed the tournament by half an hour and made the whole group wait for about 30 minutes in total because they were unable to bring enough players to the tournament on time.
Otherwise, the tournament went well. Thank you all for the organization and hard work. Really enjoyed the tournament map . Reminds me of the Atomic Heart game.

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2023, 12:52:25 am »
Well I know giorno and barro were supposed to help badger with managing the rosters and giorno did complain to me about some of the teams for my tourney which tbf he was correct about those teams being too stacked. So I was expecting this tourney to be more balanced than mine was