Author Topic: Rookie Tourney [ 12th of February]  (Read 14744 times)

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: Rookie Tourney [ 12th of February]
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2023, 01:10:22 pm »
who cares tho?

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »
the people who sign up to play a rookie tournament as a rookie team I'd hope

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2023, 01:16:42 pm »
but who of them has complained? i've only seen good things on this thread so far.

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2023, 01:16:54 pm »
Wait, renaissance is allowed to play?

Let's not pretend to feel good winning a rookie tournament with a signup like that

Nobody pretends. I discussed the composition with the organizers in advance, before applying for this tournament. It makes sense to say something about our team when there are other players who were allowed to play the same way, for example, Ribazz (without negativity)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2023, 01:18:22 pm »
but who of them has complained? i've only seen good things on this thread so far.

If you were smart and see who posted those nice comments, you'd probably realise which teams they came from, besides praising the hosting of the tournament is fine and different from the actual competition. Rookie players wouldn't entirely understand who they're playing against, so they wouldn't complain on that basis as they don't know the players, but just because they don't know doesn't mean it's right.

Let's not pretend to feel good winning a rookie tournament with a signup like that

Nobody pretends. I discussed the composition with the organizers in advance, before applying for this tournament. It makes sense to say something about our team when there are other players who were allowed to play the same way, for example, Ribazz (without negativity)

Yeah he shouldn't be allowed to play either but I heard Stoiki was bombarded and gave in, not that it matters anymore since the tournament is over, but thought i'd give in two cents on next time's improvement (if there will be a next time).

You'd think these teams and players wouldn't sign up out of respect, but anything for a gold-plated stone medal.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:25:28 pm by Fietta »

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2023, 01:26:22 pm »

If you were smart and see who posted those nice comments, you'd probably realise which teams they came from, besides praising the hosting of the tournament is fine and different from the actual competition. Rookie players wouldn't entirely understand who they're playing against, so they wouldn't complain on that basis as they don't know the players, but just because they don't know doesn't mean it's right.

Yeah he shouldn't be allowed to play either but I heard Stoiki was bombarded and gave in, not that it matters anymore since the tournament is over, but thought i'd give in two cents on next time's improvement (if there will be a next time).

Stoiki also complained to me about these people and I was not one of them (at least I think so ;D). I didn't complain why some of my people weren't allowed in. I would have found others, for me it was not a problem.

everyone plays for the gold medal, don't lie to yourself
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:29:51 pm by Desant »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2023, 01:29:48 pm »
Stoiki also complained to me about these people and I was not one of them (at least I think so ;D). I didn't complain why some of my people weren't allowed in. I would have found others, for me it was not a problem.

I know you did change your roster a few times, although even with the latest roster, seems highly unfair compared to 95% of the teams that signed up, again, Stoiki just gave up trying after bombardment.

I just don't understand mentally how someone could sign-up with players who clearly aren't rookies initially, it baffles me the lengths people would go to get a medal. When you originally signed up, did you think 'yes these are all rookies' considering the current signup competition and general nature of the tournament? Just a question
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:32:04 pm by Fietta »

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2023, 01:33:33 pm »

I know you did change your roster a few times, although even with the latest roster, seems highly unfair compared to 95% of the teams that signed up, again, Stoiki just gave up trying after bombardment.

I just don't understand mentally how someone could sign-up with players who clearly aren't rookies initially, it baffles me the lengths people would go to get a medal

I changed the composition only once when adding Vegi  :-\

Well, if you want to see some rookies, then you will have to remove 50% or more players from this tournament

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2023, 02:09:34 pm »
Let's be honest, or you call the tournament "Rookie" and allow players who started playing this game not long ago to play. Or you call "lower/medium Tier" with players from the lower/medium tiers

You can't call a player a "rookie" if he's just been playing poorly for years.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2023, 02:56:54 pm »

Isn't that what you do in RT though?  ???

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2023, 03:00:20 pm »
Fietta , I agree with every word you say.

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2023, 03:03:38 pm »
Don't forget the Lycoris roster. The players there had many years of experience and a long experience of playing in general tournaments. It was very strange when their squad was three heads above and stronger than almost any other registered team. For some reason no one paid any attention to this and all players on their team were considered weak and at the level of newcomers - which is not fair to the others. They had some of the most powerful players in the tournament, half of whom should not have been allowed to compete at all.
On the subject of Stoiki: I honestly don't understand why we should make a tournament for beginners and weak teams if we allow powerful players to participate in such a low level tournament. If the idea of organizing and making a tournament for beginners, and in general a tournament for low level teams, then why would it be necessary to allow such powerful teams and line-ups? This is still a mystery to me.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:06:06 pm by XBOCT »

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2023, 03:05:48 pm »
Don't forget the Lycoris line-up. The players there had many years of experience and a long experience of playing in general tournaments. It was very strange when their squad was three heads above and stronger than almost any other registered team. For some reason no one paid any attention to this and all players on their team were considered weak and at the level of newcomers - which is not fair to the others. They had some of the most powerful players in the tournament, half of whom should not have been allowed to compete at all.
On the subject of Stoiki: I honestly don't understand why we should make a tournament for beginners and weak teams if we allow powerful players to participate in such a low level tournament. If the idea of organizing and making a tournament for beginners, and in general a tournament for low level teams, then why would it be necessary to allow such powerful teams and line-ups? This is still a mystery to me.

According to your logic, then you, SteeL, Foltes, can be removed from your team. They all have years of experience

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2023, 03:07:37 pm »
Don't forget the Lycoris line-up. The players there had many years of experience and a long experience of playing in general tournaments. It was very strange when their squad was three heads above and stronger than almost any other registered team. For some reason no one paid any attention to this and all players on their team were considered weak and at the level of newcomers - which is not fair to the others. They had some of the most powerful players in the tournament, half of whom should not have been allowed to compete at all.

According to your logic, then you, SteeL, Foltes, can be removed from your team. They all have years of experience

SteeL has not played in NW , he is a Native player. He has almost no experience in NW. Moreover, I consulted both of these players with the organiser - I was allowed to do so.
How Bonya, Stex, pro100pro and Ratsu were allowed - I don't know.

Regarding me and my Turkish players: irrespective of their years of experience - they play far worse, including me, than almost any player on the Lycoris team.  Where almost any player in their squad will be stronger than almost any player from the entire tournament.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:10:30 pm by XBOCT »

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2023, 03:14:44 pm »

SteeL has not played in NW , he is a Native player. He has almost no experience in NW. Moreover, I consulted both of these players with the organiser - I was allowed to do so.
How Bonya, Stex, pro100pro and Ratsu were allowed - I don't know.

He constantly plays with the Turks, what are you talking about
Spoiler

[close]
It’s stupid to justify that you were allowed to play with them, because all the players are examined by the organizers, regardless of whether you wrote them in pm or not