Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars European Cup - Autumn Season 2012  (Read 27020 times)

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars European Cup - Autumn Season 2012
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 07:53:57 pm »
GG.

I've come to the conclusion that server location has a major bearing on the outcome of matches in this game. The Germany vs UK game for instance was on a server much closer to the UK than Germany and the result reflected that. Similar applies to the final and various other matches throughout the tournament. That's why I think I'm done with competitive play in NW. I didn't get a single 1 hit kill in that match and yet I got them galore in the Germany game, my teammates having similar experiences. So I congratulate NL on their win and bid competitive play in this NW farewell.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:03 pm »
Will their be graphical designs avalible?

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
I would also like to extend a thank you to everyone on the NWEC team who have worked hard to ensure that the tournament has run as smoothly and as fairly as possible. Also a huge thank you to Redthorn Studios for sponsoring the prize for the winners of the tournament. Finally we would like to thank everyone who participated!

JackieChan

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »
GG.

I've come to the conclusion that server location has a major bearing on the outcome of matches in this game. The Germany vs UK game for instance was on a server much closer to the UK than Germany and the result reflected that. Similar applies to the final and various other matches throughout the tournament. That's why I think I'm done with competitive play in NW. I didn't get a single 1 hit kill in that match and yet I got them galore in the Germany game, my teammates having similar experiences. So I congratulate NL on their win and bid competitive play in this NW farewell.
That is kind of true, but it does not make it totally impossible to win. For instance the last tournament was also hosted in Germany I believe and Germany nevertheless lost. Plus players who always have high pings (for example on GF or 91st Server) are sometimes very good and at least equal to the low pingers (Xeon, Bessieres etc.). In the Ger-UK match the ping was an issue, but it was not too bad for me and imo you simply won because you played better that evening and had a better tactic.

I would also like to extend a thank you to everyone on the NWEC team who have worked hard to ensure that the tournament has run as smoothly and as fairly as possible. Also a huge thank you to Redthorn Studios for sponsoring the prize for the winners of the tournament. Finally we would like to thank everyone who participated!
Thank you indeed!!  ;D

The tournament is essentially (the bronze match is yet to be played but I do not know whether or not there is any interest that?) so all that remains to do is compile the stats (that I have been putting off for ages) as well as make sure that the winners get their prize.

Congratulations to the Netherlands for winning both the pilot and the first big tournament!

Kind regards,
Hekko
I would like to play that match, because we still have to determine the winner after the draw in the Group Stage. :P

EDIT: Totally forgot to congratulate the Dutch! Congratulations you deserved it!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:06:51 pm by JackieChan »

Offline Gallagher

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gallagher
  • Side: Union
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 12:11:57 pm »
Very well played to all teams. And thank you to the organisers for letting me record the matches.

JackieChan

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
Very well played to all teams. And thank you to the organisers for letting me record the matches.
There will still hopefully be the France vs Germany game. :P

Offline Lubukill

• Second Lieutenant
  • Former player.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8e_Huss_Lt_Lubukill
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
Bronze Match
France - Germany
Deadline: -
Scheduled time: Saturday 24th 2012, 7:30 pm GMT
Referee: TBA
I hope you have fun, I know I did.

Offline Van_Hulstein

• Captain
  • Orangist and very proud ex-33rd Lieutenant.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NL_VanHulstein
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

Rage quiter rage quited.
I assume you aint making graphics, I'm gonna make them and I put the so called "Pilot" cup on it as well (you were one of the guys who said it was pilot), youre a big loser as well saying GG, which you can't see if you read the whole post.
So the next time you should play better or train better with your team! 

Ping for the win... Aaaaah what?!
Learn to play is my awnser.
And the ping was good, you just failed to win and maked up excuses, and stop whining :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:29:30 pm by Van_Hulstein »
Nunc aut nunquam

Offline Skriver

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »
Stop blaming the ping alright

when we played against UK, we lagged like shit, but we won anyway, i just think it's a bad excuse for losing..

And GZ NL you really deserve it! - Hope to meet you in the next tournament and get a rematch!

Btw Goki you are too strong!

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2012, 06:55:06 pm »
Stop blaming the ping alright

when we played against UK, we lagged like shit, but we won anyway, i just think it's a bad excuse for losing..

And GZ NL you really deserve it! - Hope to meet you in the next tournament and get a rematch!

Btw Goki you are too strong!

Haha, you guy's did great aswell!

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »
woah calm down de ruyter we don't want any fights here so take it easy bro

Offline GrantyPooh

• First Sergeant
  • Old Nosey
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GrantyPooh.
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2012, 09:16:41 pm »

Rage quiter rage quited.
I assume you aint making graphics, I'm gonna make them and I put the so called "Pilot" cup on it as well (you were one of the guys who said it was pilot), youre a big loser as well saying GG, which you can't see if you read the whole post.

And the ping was good, you just failed to win and maked up excuses, and stop whining :mrgreen:

Oh Christ, this is so fucking rich.

Offline Biggun034

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Biggun
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2012, 10:46:40 pm »

Rage quiter rage quited.

Wait is this not the guy that was community banned at one point ??? who are you to judge people....

But really train harder with your team... your comment is a joke sorry the UK team is actually full of ADULTS that actually have to go out and work and not spend all day on this game  "training better with your team"

"Learn to play" also a funny quote from yourself, does that make you hard degrading how other people play? You're so childish it's hilarious you're like the majority of this community immature little children. The fact that you're 16 and act like this, well i'm astounded. Yes maybe Evan over reacted so what, you just had to be an arse and make yourself look like an arsehole again.

YOU WONDER WHY THE MAJORITY OF THIS COMMUNITY DO NOT LIKE YOU
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:48:36 pm by Biggun034 »
Biggun
- Napoleonic Wars Official Pioneer - Napoleonic Wars Beta Follower - The Veiled Stars Supporter - Benelux Language Board Viewer -  Regimental Leaders Steamgroup Visitor - Not a donator -

Finds it funny how people show with their signature how jealous they are!  Some people...  Proudly the first person to get muted on the fourms, A true freedom fighter!

Offline Needsomemore

• Sergeant Major
  • I'm the most overrated noob ever - Nsm
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Gefr_NeedSomeMore
  • Side: Union
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2012, 10:53:03 pm »
Sigh...

JackieChan

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »
Why this belated flame war. The game is over and there isn't much more to say. No need to get personal by anyone. Both gave it their best and Netherlands simply played better that day. No need to get into the details even further, since this is a computer game and you don't really gain anything by winning or losing, except the title of course, which shouldn't be taken too seriously in my opinion. Let the past stay the past and simply look foward to the next tournament, which is what I am doing! :D