Author Topic: EGS | Season 3 League 1 Tournament #6 | 7v7 | 06.02  (Read 4507 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Season 3 League 1 Tournament #6 | 7v7 | 06.02
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2022, 01:34:05 pm »
What the community hasnt had in over 2 years now is a proper 2v2 bayonet tournament

Think Python hosted the last one late on in 2019 or early 2020
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2022, 01:37:23 pm »
I swear there was a 2v2 last year but perhaps I'm mistaken.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2022, 01:44:00 pm »
I swear there was a 2v2 last year but perhaps I'm mistaken.

What you're talking about the is the 2v2 sword bayonet tournament YOU hosted ya silly goose!

Trust me I'd remember
[close]
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2022, 01:49:38 pm »
Ah that might be it yeah, before that I remember playing one with someone that defo wasn't too long ago but maybe it was a few years now.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2022, 01:58:37 pm »
Rikkert needs to update his tournament list the lazy cunt reeeeee

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2022, 03:43:26 pm »
Rikkert needs to update his tournament list the lazy cunt reeeeee

Rikkert is jealous of my wins 8) 8) dutch mong 8) 8)

Offline Alatriste1234

• Second Lieutenant
  • asfkasfuasfmasf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2022, 03:47:48 pm »
Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this edition of the EGS. Our group was closer than I would have expected it to be but that made for a better show in the end and although we (EyeFuckers) can share some regrets about the CCCP & Invictus matches, Animals was just one or two level(s) above us last night. Props to them for their excellent showing by the way (regardless of the Barro's incident) and congratulations to Envy for winning the tournament.

Personally, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I expected to and putting some thinking into it, this had nothing to do with the quality of the hosting (which was pretty much in line with most of the EGS tournaments I have attended in the past) or the performance of my team, which although disappointing, was still as intense as it gets. I was genuinely really looking forward to playing in the EGS again, spent some time getting back in form on MM or playing practices with my team the week prior but eventually, I didn't find the same fun I previously had once on the server.

It is very likely that it is I who has lost the spark and I certainly do not wish to apply my personal case to the remainder of the scene but as I see the fact that more and more people are 'leaving' the game to be made more evident (some bound, just like to me, to come back eventually) I wondered if it's not also the right timing to re-consider the tournament environment we live in. The EGS was initially thought of as a tool to encourage the highest and most 'professional' level of competitive groupfighting but for a community that was also equally highly competitive. If the latter changes, maybe it is worth to atleast reconsider how we approach the whole thing.

Again, it's probably just myself not finding the same enjoyement and it should not mean others cannot enjoy the system as it currently is offered to the community. But I am curious to hear other opinions about it.

i agree 100%

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2022, 03:57:50 pm »
Ah that might be it yeah, before that I remember playing one with someone that defo wasn't too long ago but maybe it was a few years now.
Truth is, for us grandpas, a couple years can fit as in 'not so long ago'
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2022, 04:01:12 pm »
Truth is, for us grandpas, a couple years can fit as in 'not so long ago'
Yes, that's true.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2022, 04:02:52 pm »
Thanks to everyone involved in the making of this edition of the EGS. Our group was closer than I would have expected it to be but that made for a better show in the end and although we (EyeFuckers) can share some regrets about the CCCP & Invictus matches, Animals was just one or two level(s) above us last night. Props to them for their excellent showing by the way (regardless of the Barro's incident) and congratulations to Envy for winning the tournament.

Personally, I didn't enjoy myself as much as I expected to and putting some thinking into it, this had nothing to do with the quality of the hosting (which was pretty much in line with most of the EGS tournaments I have attended in the past) or the performance of my team, which although disappointing, was still as intense as it gets. I was genuinely really looking forward to playing in the EGS again, spent some time getting back in form on MM or playing practices with my team the week prior but eventually, I didn't find the same fun I previously had once on the server.

It is very likely that it is I who has lost the spark and I certainly do not wish to apply my personal case to the remainder of the scene but as I see the fact that more and more people are 'leaving' the game to be made more evident (some bound, just like to me, to come back eventually) I wondered if it's not also the right timing to re-consider the tournament environment we live in. The EGS was initially thought of as a tool to encourage the highest and most 'professional' level of competitive groupfighting but for a community that was also equally highly competitive. If the latter changes, maybe it is worth to atleast reconsider how we approach the whole thing.

Again, it's probably just myself not finding the same enjoyement and it should not mean others cannot enjoy the system as it currently is offered to the community. But I am curious to hear other opinions about it.

EGS League 2 is great to be honest. We have many upsets, many rises and downfalls throughout the season and we've had sooo many different tournament winners so far, it feels like every team can beat every team with a bit of luck and the momentum. I cant judge about League 1 since it seemed often times one-sided with Envy winning, some "weaker" teams having no chance at all. Obviously you cant have that many teams fighting for the victory in League 1 aswell but it felt like the skill gap in League 1 was slightly too big. I haven't really made up my mind to find a solution to get the attraction to EGS as the tournament format back again without making like random teams or forbidding certain team lineups ...

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2022, 04:05:13 pm »

EGS League 2 is great to be honest. We have many upsets, many rises and downfalls throughout the season and we've had sooo many different tournament winners so far, it feels like every team can beat every team with a bit of luck and the momentum. I cant judge about League 1 since it seemed often times one-sided with Envy winning, some "weaker" teams having no chance at all. Obviously you cant have that many teams fighting for the victory in League 1 aswell but it felt like the skill gap in League 1 was slightly too big. I haven't really made up my mind to find a solution to get the attraction to EGS as the tournament format back again without making like random teams or forbidding certain team lineups ...
I've thought about and discussed it a few times. The only way really would be to have rules on like a skill cap almost in rosters to keep it balanced. But not sure everyone would agree to that.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »
I feel like having drafted teams with the same tournament idea  would be a better choice for next season, the teams would be more even and closer skill-wise for every team thus making it more competitive for everyone.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2022, 04:20:13 pm »
I feel like having drafted teams with the same tournament idea  would be a better choice for next season, the teams would be more even and closer skill-wise for every team thus making it more competitive for everyone.
Can't wait when people will cry about the teammates they dislike
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline RedFeu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: idol of Lebrave
  • Side: Union
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2022, 04:21:44 pm »
really trash idea

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2022, 04:33:08 pm »

I personally would enjoy it, but imagine a tier 1 player cannot attend to the tournament and it would be unbalanced again + you always have a few people who would quit instead of playing with player x ^^