Author Topic: BCS R.Tournament | Low-Mid Tier Randomised Tournament | Second series  (Read 21575 times)

Offline iuff

• Second Lieutenant
  • Reg history: 83rd, 24e, 5te, 2ndHess, Nr21, 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: iuff, Previous nicks: iuffSCD, iuFF
  • Side: Neutral
ngl maskman ur in the grey area of too shit to be a cpt, u could probs apply for player, ur not exactly more than mid tier r u

Also youll just try recruit them

Yea that is fine I understand, the hosts probably should specify in their ruleset that inexperienced top tier players get priority over captain slots in a Low-Mid Tier Randomised Tournament as opposed to actual Low-Mid Tier players. Makes sense  :)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Maskman stop crying. Nobody wants you as a captain when playing in a randomized tournament and your like miles off the skill from the other captains. So just apply as a player if you care to play, your shit enough to do that, believe me.

Stockholm stalking me on FSE
[close]
Tbh the captains that are chosen are way better and more experienced than you, maybe the only exception is Jakob (no offence xoxo)

Spoiler
Also get your 45thN army on fse to make your case, lame!
[close]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:53:32 pm by Vegi. »
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
ngl maskman ur in the grey area of too shit to be a cpt, u could probs apply for player, ur not exactly more than mid tier r u

Yea that is fine I understand, the hosts probably should specify in their ruleset that inexperienced top tier players get priority over captain slots in a Low-Mid Tier Randomised Tournament as opposed to actual Low-Mid Tier players. Makes sense  :)

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu

I get that (things shouldve been more clear i have said that myself) but like why would he be allowing higher tier captains if he didnt want them. But it does kinda make sense imo (tho i think ilypa shouldve been selected, kinda surprised he hasnt been). Yeah youve lead a gf team but the point is to help the players learn how to gf better along the way. sorry but I think ur tips are gonna be far less benefitial than someone like Zeyden/Goldens.

Just sign up as a player lol

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
Golden is dog, he just plays with good players and benchwarms for old man Movement

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]

I might understand if this was regarding Jakob, Chuckster and Oneil since they haven't proven any leading and capt ability of any significant or influential gf teams at a high level where as you arguably have with NSS and their only advantage is being rated on arbitrary lists as "good" to your "okay".

(Oneil don't bother mentioning patterns you cant "lead" extazz he leads you.)

But I think its quite important for a low-mid tier players to have a good coach and leader with high class gf ability I think my team learned a lot last randomized and I hope some of the newer players brought forward some of the tactics to their future group fights just as I hope to do the same with this one.

@vegi im more of a dog spelt backwards  :-*

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz

I get that (things shouldve been more clear i have said that myself) but like why would he be allowing higher tier captains if he didnt want them. But it does kinda make sense imo (tho i think ilypa shouldve been selected, kinda surprised he hasnt been). Yeah youve lead a gf team but the point is to help the players learn how to gf better along the way. Show them moves and tell them how to play, sorry but I think ur tips are gonna be far less benefitial than someone like Zeyden/Goldens.

Just sign up as a player lol

That's fine, I only signed up as a captain because I was free this whole weekend and wasn't at uni, hence why last randomised I only signed up as a player.

I just wanted to clarify as to why I wasn't selected as captain seeing as it is Low-Mid Tier Randomised Tournament and I am a Low-Mid Tier player, considering there was nothing explicit about captain preference in the ruleset. I hope more people sign up and we can get more teams but I really don't mind playing just as a player  :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
ok bare with me having seen some of the captains selected, im gonna convince the admons to change a couple.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ok bare with me having seen some of the captains selected, im gonna convince the admons to change a couple.

Could we also be provided a brief description as to why the chosen captains were chosen?

I'll provide a fun criteria as to who shouldn't be selected:

1. Being friends with the player who doesn't really have much experience leading.
2. Being a terrible player and terrible leader.
3. Being ONeil.
4. Being a good player with little to no NW leading knowledge.

Maskman, even though not the best player in the world, does actually have knowledge of leadership in NSS and is more than capable of helping low tier players out and providing advice.

You could argue that 1 top tier player could potentially change a match, but in reality, if your team is trash then you're not really going to perform as the solo 'carry' player, especially considering 'Mid' tier players
aren't actually bad at all.

Looking back at the OP, you've specified it's a 'randomised' tournament, without actually specifying if it's randomised tiers or just random or if they're just randomly placed based on where you want them to go and deem it as 'randomised skill'; either way we all know that they're going to be rigged to fit player's tearful narratives, so if a captain isn't particularly a skilled player, just add another mid tier player onto the team to balance it out, that's how it's going to work anyway, so do that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:41:07 am by Fietta »

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile

Could we also be provided a brief description as to why the chosen captains were chosen?

1. Being friends with the player who doesn't really have much experience leading.
3. Being ONeil.

Maskman, even though not the best player in the world, does actually have knowledge of leadership in NSS and is more than capable of helping low tier players out and providing advice.

You could argue that 1 top tier player could potentially change a match, but in reality, if your team is trash then you're not really going to perform as the solo 'carry' player, especially considering 'Mid' tier players
dude i dont even know myself haha but ill get it sorted ez

Ive co cpted in 2 nw teams successfully, and lead a couple of native teams i am valid for this tourney.

I think maskman is a grey area because he has the skill of a player but the experience of a cpt. Idk

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

3. Being ONeil.

dude i dont even know myself haha but ill get it sorted ez

Ive co cpted in 2 nw teams successfully, and lead a couple of native teams i am valid for this tourney.

I think maskman is a grey area because he has the skill of a player but the experience of a cpt. Idk

Ye blitz should just add another mid tier player to the team then to balance it out, this tournament is going to be 'loosely' randomised anyways with some obvious edits

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
Just let EGS do the tournament stuff, because the rest (yes all of you) that gets hosted is total dogshit

Offline Dias10

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Good NW players with good group fighting experience that have signed up already and got accepted should be let to lead without them getting removed, even if they may not have leading experience, they are not going to get any if not given the chance, they already have the fundamentals of the game and the mechanics to properly lead and give out good tips to people that need them. Just my opinion.

Offline John F. Kennedy

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: John Kennedy
Just let EGS do the tournament stuff, because the rest (yes all of you) that gets hosted is total dogshit

I love your description

Player signup
Player Name: kennedy
Player Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/JohnKennedyCH/
Player GUID:2003478
have you read and agreed to the rules including of what is considered a mid-low tier player? yes, ask Herishey
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:46:48 am by John F. Kennedy »
Adjudant Kennedy: When I last played with Kennedy, years ago, he couldn’t get a streak of three blocking together. Looking at how much he had improved when I joined the regiment honestly had me speechless. Playing alongside him was a huge pleasure as I’ve hardly saw someone willing to team-play and offering himself so others can take the kills more than he did. He was also an honest figure within the regiment, always saying what he thought without ever sounding mean or arrogant and for that I know he was extremely well appreciated by the other members and also the rest of the NW community. It’s definitely not the place to talk about such things but what happened to him in real-life and the way he reacted to it showed me that Kennedy was certainly one of the strongest person in the regiment and that there is not much capable to take this man down.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
RIP to everyone who ends up in chucksters team LMAO
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.