Author Topic: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series  (Read 28728 times)

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2021, 05:06:37 pm »
that would exclude blitzkrieg tho. Everyone knows hes a rookie xD

If you are unsure to do it w lists. Get some well established players together and have them vote on whether someone is a rookie or not
I personally feel I have enough experience now to not call myself a rookie and I don%u2019t intend on playing this tournament. Depending on the captain rules I might put myself forward to support teams in that way however.
in my opinion and many others youre still a rookie. For example you probably havent played a total of 5 rounds ever in a knockout stage in any tournament (apart from the randomised)

but its up to u ofc

but yeah the suggestion from fietta is a load of shite as per
Played all 9 rounds of the bronze match of the 8v8 and came second with kills on our team ;))
But yeah I could be called a rookie in some peoples eyes

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2021, 05:07:29 pm »
that would exclude blitzkrieg tho. Everyone knows hes a rookie xD

If you are unsure to do it w lists. Get some well established players together and have them vote on whether someone is a rookie or not
I personally feel I have enough experience now to not call myself a rookie and I don%u2019t intend on playing this tournament. Depending on the captain rules I might put myself forward to support teams in that way however.
in my opinion and many others youre still a rookie. For example you probably havent played a total of 5 rounds ever in a knockout stage in any tournament (apart from the randomised)

but its up to u ofc

but yeah the suggestion from fietta is a load of shite as per
Played all 9 rounds of the bronze match of the 8v8 and came second with kills on our team ;))
stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I feel you would have been played in the RGT if you werent a rookie :D

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2021, 05:07:46 pm »
I'd like to point out using my list is flawed, there are lots of current players you really can't consider a rookie given their experience not on the list such as Chuckster or Jakob for example.
It's one part of the verification process. It is hard to set in stone a rookie verses a non rookie.

Anyone who hasn't played in a GF team that's gone to knockouts of a tournament, they should be recognisable
You'd have to also include a sub-part to that rule that people who haven't played any rounds in knockouts would also be excluded rather than just a team on the bench.

True, though that's few and far between; chances are, if you're benched in a top team, you've probably played main at some point in a worse team that just won groups, to be honest there shouldn't really be much criteria, if they're known to be decent (like the majority if not all of akatsuki) then don't allow them to play. Rookie tournaments should be for inexperienced players (much like the Native tournament that NNN won), if you're known in the community and have played a while, then you should probably not be included.
Big up NNN! Yeah I think its generally easier to do it on a case-by-case basis tbh. Everyone should know who a 'rookie' is by now.

NNN (apart from Ciiges) was a unknown rookie team and won and IIRC was fun and relatively balanced because I'm pretty sure the criteria was that if you played in one of the reputable tournaments such as the WNL, you weren't accepted (a bit extreme by today's standards). ^^ case-by-case is probably the best solution tbh
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:09:59 pm by Fietta »

Offline Sasuke Uchiha

• Sergeant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2021, 05:12:14 pm »
As a player who understands tier 3, in weaker teams and lineups, I can say that the following teams are worthy to play in the beginners tournament (in my opinion)
: - SF
- NPP (b)
 - RF
- 5e
 - Isengard
- AO
- Amigos
 - Le Bruns teams
 - GVT
- LGC (25pp)
 - 17thL (?)
 - 33rd
 - HVS (?)
 - Nr. 9 mb?

Offline Alec053

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Alec
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2021, 05:12:58 pm »
I’d recommend not putting your roster up till rules are fully debated and put in. Speaking of turn your attention to my first post to get an idea of the new ruleset. Still more to come about captains etc as I want to aim to allow coaches to help players develop during the tournament's and not just sit on the sidelines.
When are these rules going to be final? If I need to field 8 guys they got to know somewhat in advance.
Not that I think my guys will be a problem.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2021, 05:15:59 pm »
I’d recommend not putting your roster up till rules are fully debated and put in. Speaking of turn your attention to my first post to get an idea of the new ruleset. Still more to come about captains etc as I want to aim to allow coaches to help players develop during the tournament's and not just sit on the sidelines.
When are these rules going to be final? If I need to field 8 guys they got to know somewhat in advance.
Not that I think my guys will be a problem.
Will be set in stone by at least Friday.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2021, 05:17:01 pm »
stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I feel you would have been played in the RGT if you werent a rookie :D

If Blitz is a rookie then I'm dirt

Offline ONeil_

• Major
  • epic gamer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: uwuwuwuwuwu
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2021, 05:18:03 pm »

If Blitz is a rookie then I'm dirt
you should also be considered a rookie

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2021, 05:18:20 pm »
Free Agent App :

Community Name: Stonksmann
Steam Link: you have me
GUID: 128

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2021, 05:18:51 pm »
oneil like i said if you consider blitz a rookie then yes im dirt (even worse than rookie) i agree with you

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2021, 05:22:32 pm »
oneil like i said if you consider blitz a rookie then yes im dirt (even worse than rookie) i agree with you
Fietta complementing? Oh no what has the vaccine done

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2021, 05:23:09 pm »
Fietta you are a rookie

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2021, 05:25:39 pm »
Fietta you are a rookie

i might be rookie but u dookie

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2021, 05:36:28 pm »
Probably best putting up the actual roster rules and what constitutes rookie players before denying/accepting teams and players.

Good turn out so far though, also might as well sign up NPPB  :)

Captain Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053998911/
Team Name + TAG: NPPB
Roster
TBA
[close]
Have you read and agreed to the rules?: Yes
Unfortunately there is already a signed up team called NPP-B. Please consider a different name to avoid any confusion.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2021, 05:37:17 pm »
Free Agent App :

Community Name: Stonksmann
Steam Link: you have me
GUID: 128