Author Topic: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series  (Read 28725 times)

Offline Sasuke Uchiha

• Sergeant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: BCS Tournament | Rookie Tournaments | First series
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2021, 04:09:08 am »
if you really want to make a tournament for beginners and give weaker teams and players to prove themselves, you need to remove and restrict the access of strong players to the tournament. exclude Akatsuki, the Achilles team, and then it really will be a tournament of weak, third-rate teams - which will be of interest. and so - it makes no sense.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2021, 05:25:44 am »
All of this could have been avoided if there had been no prior mention of the word 'rookie' in your tournament. Could have been calling that a 'Low Tier players' tournament (which it basically is) and it would have been fine. There are no real 'rookies' in NW, or at least not enough to make it worth it for Blitz or other people to host a tournament that literally prevents anyone but rookie to play. Obviously, people whose teams consist of the newest/less experimented players will argue for the term 'rookie' to be taken literally so that they have greater chances of making a deep playoffs run.

With that being said, I like some of the ideas implemented to decide who should be prevented and who shouldn't. It means Kennedy and I won't get to play for the 13e Academy like we were planning to but so long as I don't see people similar to us in skill/tournament record/experience allowed to play, I am entirely fine with it. On the other hand, any ruleset shouldn't be taken literally for a tournament such as these and you should allow certain situations to be dealt with on a case per case basis. For example, I have an indisputable better record than someone like Ruler (Audric), been playing for longer, for much better teams, etc... yet there is no denying he has been a much more skilled player on the field across the past two years and a half.

I won't make a huge deal if he gets to play and I don't but that's just to highlight how blurry the line will remain, regardless of how complex and detailed you make your ruleset. Your number one priority should always be to prevent people whose participations are at risk of unbalancing your competition as a whole and this mindset should always be prioritized whilst dealing with accepting/preventing a player to participate, regardless if it follows your ruleset line per line.

Good luck with this!

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2021, 09:14:39 am »
All of this could have been avoided if there had been no prior mention of the word 'rookie' in your tournament. Could have been calling that a 'Low Tier players' tournament (which it basically is) and it would have been fine. There are no real 'rookies' in NW, or at least not enough to make it worth it for Blitz or other people to host a tournament that literally prevents anyone but rookie to play. Obviously, people whose teams consist of the newest/less experimented players will argue for the term 'rookie' to be taken literally so that they have greater chances of making a deep playoffs run.

With that being said, I like some of the ideas implemented to decide who should be prevented and who shouldn't. It means Kennedy and I won't get to play for the 13e Academy like we were planning to but so long as I don't see people similar to us in skill/tournament record/experience allowed to play, I am entirely fine with it. On the other hand, any ruleset shouldn't be taken literally for a tournament such as these and you should allow certain situations to be dealt with on a case per case basis. For example, I have an indisputable better record than someone like Ruler (Audric), been playing for longer, for much better teams, etc... yet there is no denying he has been a much more skilled player on the field across the past two years and a half.

I won't make a huge deal if he gets to play and I don't but that's just to highlight how blurry the line will remain, regardless of how complex and detailed you make your ruleset. Your number one priority should always be to prevent people whose participations are at risk of unbalancing your competition as a whole and this mindset should always be prioritized whilst dealing with accepting/preventing a player to participate, regardless if it follows your ruleset line per line.

Good luck with this!
There will be a rule today about you and Kennedy being able to play

And to address Sasuke, There will always be a favourite team. In the normal competitive scene it’s usually pattern academy, poosy or chimpz. I can only do so much to restrict players from being able to play who arnt really rookies but like tardet said it’s more for low tier players more than actual rookies

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2021, 11:09:02 am »
The main issue with these tournaments, as i said to mask, is that inherently every team is going to try to bend the rules to get the best possible players in that they can rather than allowing new players to learn and play somewhere they don't get curbstomped by top level guys, as i said to mask before the last tournament rookie is a totally arbitrary term without a single seasonal league structure to go off that has stable teams, the only way i can think of doing this is regimentally with no gren company players allowed because otherwise as we've already seen one team has achilles and chuckster, another has players like altair and ruler, if either roster gets allowed it ruins the point of the whole tournament.

Personally i don't think rookie tournaments are the way to go about this, maybe it should be more invitational in nature, regardless there will always be people more focused on trying to dominate the tournament with a cheesy roster than trying to improve weaker players
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Alec053

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Alec
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2021, 11:22:50 am »
Already waiting for the 'rookie' bs in this tournament.
For someone to say this and then to join with a team full off what most people would qualify as ''not rookies'' is pretty fucking funny.

Offline RUS_Flusha90

• Captain
  • NWWC 2023 Winner
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sH1pu4Ka
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2021, 11:31:47 am »
if you really want to make a tournament for beginners and give weaker teams and players to prove themselves, you need to remove and restrict the access of strong players to the tournament. exclude Akatsuki, the Achilles team, and then it really will be a tournament of weak, third-rate teams - which will be of interest. and so - it makes no sense.
очевидно что турик рассчитан на " дурачков " потому что никто сейчас не найдет кандидатов именно под эти правила которые созданы так же глупо как и дуэль энтони , единственный вариант соблюдения этих правил это идти на тропикал и брать там каждого 3 , без этого нормальная организация турика превратится в очередной цирк еу комьюнити , впрочем это уже не в первый раз такое происходит когда делают правила для турнира но потом понимают что обосрались и под такие правила в принципе проводить турик невозможно но я не удивлюсь если возьмут ту же тиму твистера или эти акатсуки
[07:00]
RTX janne:
en syö mitään kuukauteen

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2021, 11:48:08 am »
For someone to say this and then to join with a team full off what most people would qualify as ''not rookies'' is pretty fucking funny.
Hahaha! tbh idc if my team gets rejected or some of them i just wanna play with friends
Also this is the host his fault not mine
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Online Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2021, 02:34:42 pm »
Always gonna be one donkey who tries to sign up players who are quite clearly not rookies 🥱

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2021, 02:44:20 pm »
Hahaha! tbh idc if my team gets rejected or some of them i just wanna play with friends
Not my fault your the scum who wants easy palmares!

Also quick update. In 3-4 weeks I’ll also host a randomised rookie tournament with unicorn and cookie as well. This should be fully balanced as no one team can then have a stack. Making for more interesting gameplay then this tournament
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 02:51:16 pm by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2021, 05:10:06 pm »
Free Agent app:

Community Name: Fenton
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/urqface/
GUID: 286828

Offline Shogun.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sunset
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2021, 05:37:14 pm »
i am  rocky  balboa i use autoblok, sori for mistakes gogle translate. I like eat and ft7 duel. Russian kids dont hav food and money, we are black africa gopniks. Today is rainy, i eat cokie, plushkas, shisha, i am not fat tolstiy pidar, my bones are just 2 bigi  i eat you if no ft7. Putin said "vam pizda low ping gandoni" and i am very happy.sumer i dont go schol, i can plau warband all day. Clasmates call me elephant , but i like zebra, black and white same time 8)
I won achiles and rgt, sack my dik haters

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2021, 05:42:15 pm »
Not my fault your the scum who wants easy palmares!

Also quick update. In 3-4 weeks I’ll also host a randomised rookie tournament with unicorn and cookie as well. This should be fully balanced as no one team can then have a stack. Making for more interesting gameplay then this tournament
scum? ur just shit
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2021, 05:56:20 pm »
We need a four person jury for this, of which I'll be the main spokesperson. I will announce the other jury members in a few days.
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Sasuke Uchiha

• Sergeant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2021, 06:39:15 pm »
We need a four person jury for this, of which I'll be the main spokesperson. I will announce the other jury members in a few days.
My God, there are so many unnecessary commands here .. Just let it play and make a tournament between: - AO (1stODJ)
 - Agents
 (Nr. 13) - LGC (25pp)
 - Isengard (turks from 88th)
 - 5e gf team
 - SF
- NPP-B
 - RF (Skitty's team)
 - 17thL (Benedicts regiment)
 - IV_45e (gontrank team)
 - Nr.59 (B) team
 - Akatsuki, only if (B) team
 - GVT (55th)
- Agility Academy (Tw1sters team)
- 33rd SubV
- 1st_84th (netherland regiment - ask them)
 - LeBruns teams
 - 56e czecz teams
- 17pp masny
- Nr. 9 Katamaranov regiment
Make a tournament among these teams and everything will be fine.