Author Topic: NW Player Ranking | June update  (Read 18356 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Player Ranking | May update | *Let the War begin*
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2021, 10:36:17 am »
I'd also agree that Cam has played well recently and should at the least be included on the list.

get BatuKhan involved too then
Not even sure who that is so I can't comment on that one.  ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2021, 11:52:48 am »
Glad to see jonnyboy getting the recognition he deserves even though he’s an old fart! Another oldie you’re missing is Timlef who is Atleast 84P surely :P
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2021, 12:06:40 pm »
Not sure Timlef has performed in any difficult matches to snatch a place on the list like big Jonny has tbh. Jonny actually still shows some pretty good mechanical ability with his blocking and whatnot where as Timlef just left clicks down.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »
Nosswill out
Nosswill played for GER in the NWWC and is also playing for Asatro since 2 weeks, so I don't know why you would take him of the list. What I have seen from spec against your team is that he was one of the main reasons why we won that match on sunday in the tournament.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2021, 12:18:17 pm »
Put me in tier 6 where I belong

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2021, 12:22:39 pm »
And I’m quite unsure about tier 3

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:26 pm »
Did you not see our clutch on gf the other day Stein? You're tier 1??

Offline Rommel

• Major
  • Herr Colonel, Sie wollen uns die Feste nehmen???
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2021, 12:30:48 pm »
Issues I have with this list:

1. It starts at 84p.
Why? Who is worse? Who is the 1.0p player? Is it me? (Probably) You are implying that all other players range from, in this case, 84p to 94p. Stupid list I HATE IT!

2. It stops at 94p.
You put a "best player" up there, but then you think to yourself "PyThOn BeSt BuT hE hAs rOoM FoR 6P ImPrOvMeNt". Just put him at 100, i beg you.

3. You put Phoenix as German
Put the Ausländer as Luxemburg. I know that it's disputed that Luxemburg is a country but he is very emotional about it.

4. How the fuck do you determine "Tier"?
Tier 1 ranges from 94p down to 90p. Tier 2 is from 90p - 88p. Tier 3 has 34 players. Tier 2 has 10. How is there any pattern?? Even HaZe wouldn't see one.

5. People looking at this list. Why would you look at this list?
Don't look at this list.

6. WHY AM I NOT ON THE FUCKING LIST???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:46:13 pm by Rommel »

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2021, 12:33:49 pm »
Nosswill out
Nosswill played for GER in the NWWC and is also playing for Asatro since 2 weeks, so I don't know why you would take him of the list. What I have seen from spec against your team is that he was one of the main reasons why we won that match on sunday in the tournament.
Yeah that is your opinion Nightwing. I'm just giving mine, and I don't think Noswill is (at the moment) good enough to be compared to those players!

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2021, 12:42:29 pm »
Nosswill out
Yeah that is your opinion Nightwing. I'm just giving mine, and I don't think Noswill is (at the moment) good enough to be compared to those players!
There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about something, but I'm interested in your point of view and examples apart from "He is not good enough!". Maybe you can share some of them with me (via Steam would be also fine as well ofc ;) )

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2021, 12:44:58 pm »
*Let the War begin*
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2021, 12:45:34 pm »
it has begun

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:05 pm »
Nosswill out
There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about something, but I'm interested in your point of view and examples apart from "He is not good enough!". Maybe you can share some of them with me (via Steam would be also fine as well ofc ;) )

Tbh Nosswill stomps fotin
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2021, 01:30:49 pm »
Spoiler
Nosswill out
[close]
[/quote]Yeah off course my friend.

All the people around him in that list are people that I consider as scary when I face them. Those people have, in my opinion, a big influence in the matches they take part in - not only in terms of kills taken, but also in more general terms such as solidity, blocking, intelligence etc...
I sincerely watched only 1 Germany NWWC match, which was in the groups, and I haven't really been impressed by him, but I might have missed some great things coming from him in those matches.
But regimentally or whenever I face him, I don't have that thing that tells me "this guy scares me I should watch the stabs I release against him". You took the example of Asatro, and I honestly don't remember facing him, when I would have remembered you, Phoenix or even Twister, because you guys have a clear influence on your teams playstyle.

Anyway, I have already said it multiple times, but this type of lists is cool to give opinions about players, but it is even better to have ego boosts. Stockholm sharing us his opinion is a good thing. Ledger also did it in the past, Herishey, Sir-follkas, Chuckster, Mightypain, Haze/Extazz did it, I also did it. We all tried to be as impartial as impossible, but this is humanly impossible. Unless it is not based on real facts (on tournaments won, like Tardet and Tibérias did), those lists can not be taken as a ranking between the players.
So, to come back on Stockholm's list, people giving their own opinion is a good thing and it is cool to share our thoughts between some players. But I don't think Stockholm should be changing the rating of the players because he is influenced by others giving their opinions. I consider Nosswill shouldn't be here, but Stockholm shouldn't remove him because "Fotin said he is not good enough". No, if he does that, we are coming to an overall opinion list of the community, and we are only trying to make the most accurate possible list just to please everyone.

Untill 2 years ago, I used to be really mad when I wasn't rated well. My ego is still hit when I see I am only a "Top 50" today (eventhough I consider it accurate). But at the end, the things that matter the most is that you enjoy playing NW and the tournaments results.
Just to resume in two words, those lists are in my opinion "ego wars", and this shouldn't be taken seriously as it is others opinions and this can't be judged.

So for Nosswill's case, what I'm saying is that if I were Stock, I wouldn't have put him there. But I don't think Stock should be influenced by others opinions. He should maybe make some updates every week, but shouldn't try to make the most accurate list since it looses all the charm of giving his own opinion.

Spoiler
Well, only the first paragraph is the answer of your question, Nightwing  8)
[close]

Elsse

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2021, 01:45:08 pm »
Fotin for CR