Author Topic: Claiming a Regiment Name.  (Read 2663 times)

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
  • Side: Union
Claiming a Regiment Name.
« on: May 01, 2021, 06:14:04 pm »
Can we elect a Community Representative for Battle Cry of Freedom and all come together to talk about name claiming? This is getting quite autistic, like I know in the War of Rights community there is no structure, but in literally every other mod for Mount & Blade that FSE runs on their forum page, we have structure and organization. Why not have organization when a new game comes out? One regiment, one name, (Unless 1 is Eu and 1 is NA and they agree since they'll never see eachother on the field)

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming a Regiment Name.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:15:08 pm »
Literally even fucking Holdfast follows this simple rule, and in the civil war there's wayyy more regiments available to choose from you got like over 100 on each side :/

Offline Zanderthegreat

• Sergeant Major
  • FOR THE KING!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zande
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 06:30:01 pm »
I do think if people reserve a name on the forum it should be respected. But the problem is people moan about other reg's stealing their name becouse they told one person in a discord thats the real problem. Also simply if you wanna be a different company of a reg ask their permission first not assume you can have it.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 06:35:01 pm »
I do think if people reserve a name on the forum it should be respected. But the problem is people moan about other reg's stealing their name becouse they told one person in a discord thats the real problem. Also simply if you wanna be a different company of a reg ask their permission first not assume you can have it.
Exactly. For the past idk what it's been, maybe 10 years we've been reserving names on the forums, and literally the entire reason of reserving the name on the forums is so that it is YOUR NAME. If an issue occurs, those two parties should sit down with the CR, which should be elected by us or the first one appointed by the devs/mods. If we're not going to honor name claims, having a forum for names is just the dumbest idea in human history.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 06:44:46 pm »
As the current primary editor for the Regiment List for BCoF, I would absolutely love some type of organization and rules for actually claiming names. I've already run into issues when it comes to adding duplicates, not really sure how to handle it, and there's not really anyone I could easily ask either so I'm more or less left in the dark on my own prerogative. Even if there isn't a CR elected for BCoF, I would love to see someone who has the authority, or someone with the authority, to handle names and establish a structure.

This thread would be better put in the community board imo.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 06:48:02 pm »
Friendly reminder that there are 3 claimants for both the 69th New York and the 20th Maine.
I also think there should be some sort of authority to handle claims, if not it's only gonna cause massive confusion and lots of drama.

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 06:49:19 pm »
Friendly reminder that there are 3 claimants for both the 69th New York and the 20th Maine.
I also think there should be some sort of authority to handle claims, if not it's only gonna cause massive confusion and lots of drama.
I agree on the 69th and 20th names, although one 20th was like completely dead for a couple months, and the other one did give us permission to use the name. (EU being dead, NA giving us permission).
Also to midnight- if I didn't post it here there would never be anyone seeing it, as BcoF players just migrate to regiments post.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 06:49:29 pm »
As long as the person elected remains as unbiased as possible and the voters aren't voting for that individual just cause they are in the same regiment I am fine with a system like that

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 06:50:49 pm »
As long as the person elected remains as unbiased as possible and the voters aren't voting for that individual just cause they are in the same regiment I am fine with a system like that
It needs to be someone who is nice, but also not going to take shit from someone. We need him to not be toxic, and to have a healthy standing in the community. It's time like this I miss Getty.

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 06:51:32 pm »
It needs to be someone who is nice, but also not going to take shit from someone. We need him to not be toxic, and to have a healthy standing in the community. It's time like this I miss Getty.
Getty current or Getty past? Pretty sure they are too different people now

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 06:52:14 pm »
Getty current or Getty past? Pretty sure they are too different people now
OG getty, the one we all know and love.

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 06:56:59 pm »
Also on that note this is the wrong place for this thread

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 06:57:29 pm »
okay okay, someone who is very toxic, could't give less then shit from anyone. Have no standing whatsoever in the community other then being a weeb
too weeby, sorry :(

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 06:58:17 pm »
But for real lock this thread and move it Community

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »
But for real lock this thread and move it Community
Not doing that due to the fact it won't get any publicity from the people who need to see it, the regiment leaders from communities who don't know how to use the forums properly yet.