Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 63478 times)

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »
Bending rules always sounds like a good idea ::)
It actually is and we do it in pretty much anything law related. Like when depending on the severity of a crime and the intention of the person who commited it the rules would still apply but the sentences a lot less severe. Like in this case when janne didn't had any intention of cheating with his actually pretty unhelpful pack, i mean look at it xD, and since i honestly don't think it impacted any of the matches he played in, just giving him a warning and asking him to remove that and show proof he did next tournament would seem a lot fairer in my opinion.

Wursti

« Reply #616 on: January 26, 2022, 08:04:12 pm »
Yea just asking him to remove it would be better probably but bending rules always leads to bias in this community so fixed punishments for a rulebreak are always better, then everyone knows what can and will happen and then you can judge yourself if you want to risk it

But everyone knew changing colours of muskets was forbidden some time ago already so you cant really complain about punishments when you use it still

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 26, 2022, 08:07:38 pm »
Yea just asking him to remove it would be better probably but bending rules always leads to bias in this community so fixed punishments for a rulebreak are always better, then everyone knows what can and will happen and then you can judge yourself if you want to risk it

But everyone knew changing colours of muskets was forbidden some time ago already so you cant really complain about punishments when you use it still
i disagree on that but i don't organise shit so it doesn't really matter x)

But i for one didn't know it was even thing till like a week or two even less so that it was a banned thing xD
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 08:17:42 pm by Dren »

Nock

« Reply #618 on: January 26, 2022, 08:21:57 pm »
i'll disband so we can have even less teams in the tourney no worries

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #619 on: January 26, 2022, 08:31:42 pm »
The issue of coloured textures getting players banned already happened several times in the past, mostly on native. From what I recall, each time it created a lot of discussions, especially around the severity of the punishments. And yet each time, the admins stuck to their ruleset, only reverting the punishment on one occasion to target the specific individual at fault, rather than the whole team.

You can argue all you want, the truth is there is no win-win possibility in these kinds of situations nor is there a 'fairer' option that out rules all others. But pretty sure everyone agrees it sucks for Janne (who obviously didn't seek to gain any advantage) or his team if they end up disbanding due to the decision.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 26, 2022, 08:51:14 pm »
You can argue all you want, the truth is there is no win-win possibility in these kinds of situations nor is there a 'fairer' option that out rules all others.
Well i don't see the downside of having a less harsh punition if a person who broke the rule didn't do it with bad intentions and it didn't impact the competition in any way. That's win win imo, banning him is the only lose lose scenario imo.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 26, 2022, 09:09:39 pm »
i have been using autoblock and none has stopped me since 2019

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 26, 2022, 09:16:58 pm »
I had the same discussion at the beginning of the EGS and everyone's answer was to ban modified textures, I hardly understand why everyone is defending the opposite now  ???

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #623 on: January 26, 2022, 09:21:34 pm »
I had the same discussion at the beginning of the EGS and everyone's answer was to ban modified textures, I hardly understand why everyone is defending the opposite now  ???
because people probably have an issue with brightly coloured muskets that are obviously trying to find some advantage. i don't use those

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 26, 2022, 09:27:42 pm »
because people probably have an issue with brightly coloured muskets that are obviously trying to find some advantage. i don't use those
Any musket that has colors that stand out from the background give a vision advantage, but a ban for this is excessive

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #625 on: January 26, 2022, 09:38:12 pm »
Jannes muskets seem much like the Minecraft mod. More of a meme than a tool used for getting an advantage. Only he would know but it seems obvious there was no il intent in using them and a match ban seems excessive. Especially considering the state of league 1 and knowing that banning him would lead to another team dropping from the competition.
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #626 on: January 26, 2022, 09:40:51 pm »
Jannes muskets seem much like the Minecraft mod. More of a meme than a tool used for getting an advantage. Only he would know but it seems obvious there was no il intent in using them and a match ban seems excessive. Especially considering the state of league 1 and knowing that banning him would lead to another team dropping from the competition.
^^^

Nock

« Reply #627 on: January 26, 2022, 09:57:03 pm »
^^^

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2022, 10:34:52 pm »
Initially the rule was voted into place by a majority of team leaders and admins during the start of season 2, the rule was in place for bright coloured muskets as you can see and be more aware of your peripheral surroundings and it is a benefit no matter how minor. The rule stood on those principles but personally Janne’s musket colour is mild and more aesthetically pleasing rather than peripherally advantageous. Regardless it broke the rules so at least a one tournament ban is justified under the rules even if it doesn’t fully correlate to what the specifics of the rule is. The ban was debated in the admin chat and multiple angles and things was discussed but the ultimate punishment decision came from Unicorn and Chainsor as head admins. Rules are rules so we wouldn’t be in this situation if they wasn’t broken tbh. Even if you don’t agree with the rule and think it’s stupid, you shouldn’t go and risk getting banned by breaking the rules. Punishment may be severe but that’s down to the two new head admins to decide. Maybe the length of the ban can be revisited and changed in good spirit to ending the season with a competitive playoff or the ban will remain as is and be justified in doing so in accordance to the rules! We shall wait and see which outcome happens!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2022, 10:47:33 pm »
You can argue all you want, the truth is there is no win-win possibility in these kinds of situations nor is there a 'fairer' option that out rules all others.
Well i don't see the downside of having a less harsh punition if a person who broke the rule didn't do it with bad intentions and it didn't impact the competition in any way. That's win win imo, banning him is the only lose lose scenario imo.
Reducing the ban to one tournament could be a decent middle-ground to be reached, not sure it would change Dab's case though as it would still heavily penalize them.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.