Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 26029 times)

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2021, 08:06:18 am »

this brings back memories man  :'(
But ye, Godfreid hit it right on I think. On a decade criteria 3e definitely blows 9y out of the water. 9y was good and everything but lets face it, we never really proved ourselves in a comp setting aside from a few 1v1's here and there. I remember the times we did fight the 12th we'd get beat, it was really competitive though from what I remember. 9y didn't really care about comp shit all that much. We just all kinda played for fun and stomped the fuck out of pubs in lb's and US_1.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2021, 01:58:11 pm »
Back when Dallas servers were the norm and Canadians struggled to get 55 or less ping

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2021, 05:30:09 pm »
Spoiler
The 63e did the most with the least. And still achieved more than 99.9% of any regiments. And did it for years.

And no the reason the 63e went to Holdfast wasn’t because we kept getting smacked. It was cause we thought Holdfast would replace NW and had a whole new player base to tap into and get members from (like everyone else thought at the time). We were still doing groupfights and 1v1s even after Holdfast came out for a couple months until we moved fully to Holdfast. Even then I convinced Zen to come back to NW and I got the 45e/Nr4 to join too. We actually had a somewhat competitive lineup for a while.
Yeah I don't think having a shaky final year with Karth really changes anything about their legacy... they competed at the top for so long with much weaker players and if they weren't the best at the time they were not far behind at all for 2nd best (besides maybe 2013 where the 12th and 3e were better), their ability to work cohesively as a singular unit in a competetive environment has been unparallelled.

Yes, 63e was the best regiment/2nd best regiment of 2014-2015, between them and 71st. And was a top 5 regiment of 2016.

3eVolt was the 2nd best regiment of 2013, was a top 5 regiment in 2015, best of 2016, and traded off being 1st/2nd with LG & 6te from 2017-2020.
It's really comparing 3 years of competing to 6, which is my point. If you're talking about a *decade*, 3eVolts the only regiment that's had a competitive impact for the better part of a decade. If 63e had not gone to Holdfast, and continued to be an actual presence in NANW comp, then sure, I could see them having a case.
Leaving doesn't hurt their legacy as a regiment, it's still a top 3 all-time regiment, I just can't understand how it would be considered the best regiment of the decade, when it competed for 3/8 years of NW, as opposed to 3eVolt who competed for 6/8 years.

Imo top 5 for the decade should really be
3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th
Yeah, you have a good point if you're measuring in years.. it could also be weighed on how much you value the tournament that each regiment won depending on what you value more. For example would you value the 63e's second place in League 1 to the 71st more than the 3e's NWGL win in whichever year it was where the competition was lackluster? I mean yeah the 3e and LG were top regiments of all time but if they're the only two regiments competing against each other than it just seems not as impactful no matter the size of the rivalry, I also don't think it's fair to count reformations under different names the same regiment but that's just imo. It's fine if you value the longevity in the competitive scene the most too it's all opinionated really there's no definite way of saying it.
[close]
You mean the year of NANWL where 63e and 71st basically 7-3'd - 10-0'd every other regiment in League 1 except each other who they tied? Does that sound familiar?
No, I wouldn't value 63e's 2nd place in League 1 over 3e's NWGL win because saying competition was better in 1 year and lackluster in another is a disingenuous argument to make because what happened in that year of NANWL is not an anomaly, it's a standard, as I've said about NANW comp before, you usually have a very clear #1 & #2, sometimes a #3, and the competition is really between those 2, sometimes 3 regiments. So just because there are fewer shitter regiments for those 2-3 main competitors to obliterate, doesn't really make that competitive year less valuable.

The only time I would really subscribe to that idea is if #2 was a highly contested spot, and #1 was just basically in a tier of its own.
Sure, I respect that. I would be looking more outside of the #1 and 2 spots though personally. For example, if you look here in a previous season of NANWL, it shows around 5 or 6 regiments in League 1. The 63e and 71st ofc, and then we have the 18th, 58e, 1tes, and MoskovGren who dropped out somewhere during the season.

Looking at NWGL's regiments you have the 98e and LG, then your best regiments after that are probably the 15e, LIR, HRE. I would certainly say that the 63e/71st had a much harder path to victory considering the 18th (who beat the 71st during the season), and 58e (who beat the 18th during the season) were participating and were definitely given much more of a chance to win the season then the 15e and LIR ever were.

I don't think it's disingenous to say that the competition was stronger that year considering people don't really think of competitive regiments when they think of the 15e, LIR, and HRE, and that's all the 58e and 18th pretty much lived for.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2021, 06:35:41 pm »
Spoiler
The 63e did the most with the least. And still achieved more than 99.9% of any regiments. And did it for years.

And no the reason the 63e went to Holdfast wasn’t because we kept getting smacked. It was cause we thought Holdfast would replace NW and had a whole new player base to tap into and get members from (like everyone else thought at the time). We were still doing groupfights and 1v1s even after Holdfast came out for a couple months until we moved fully to Holdfast. Even then I convinced Zen to come back to NW and I got the 45e/Nr4 to join too. We actually had a somewhat competitive lineup for a while.
Yeah I don't think having a shaky final year with Karth really changes anything about their legacy... they competed at the top for so long with much weaker players and if they weren't the best at the time they were not far behind at all for 2nd best (besides maybe 2013 where the 12th and 3e were better), their ability to work cohesively as a singular unit in a competetive environment has been unparallelled.

Yes, 63e was the best regiment/2nd best regiment of 2014-2015, between them and 71st. And was a top 5 regiment of 2016.

3eVolt was the 2nd best regiment of 2013, was a top 5 regiment in 2015, best of 2016, and traded off being 1st/2nd with LG & 6te from 2017-2020.
It's really comparing 3 years of competing to 6, which is my point. If you're talking about a *decade*, 3eVolts the only regiment that's had a competitive impact for the better part of a decade. If 63e had not gone to Holdfast, and continued to be an actual presence in NANW comp, then sure, I could see them having a case.
Leaving doesn't hurt their legacy as a regiment, it's still a top 3 all-time regiment, I just can't understand how it would be considered the best regiment of the decade, when it competed for 3/8 years of NW, as opposed to 3eVolt who competed for 6/8 years.

3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th
Yeah, you have a good point if you're measuring in years.. it could also be weighed on how much you value the tournament that each regiment won depending on what you value more. For example would you value the 63e's second place in League 1 to the 71st more than the 3e's NWGL win in whichever year it was where the competition was lackluster? I mean yeah the 3e and LG were top regiments of all time but if they're the only two regiments competing against each other than it just seems not as impactful no matter the size of the rivalry, I also don't think it's fair to count reformations under different names the same regiment but that's just imo. It's fine if you value the longevity in the competitive scene the most too it's all opinionated really there's no definite way of saying it.
[close]
You mean the year of NANWL where 63e and 71st basically 7-3'd - 10-0'd every other regiment in League 1 except each other who they tied? Does that sound familiar?
No, I wouldn't value 63e's 2nd place in League 1 over 3e's NWGL win because saying competition was better in 1 year and lackluster in another is a disingenuous argument to make because what happened in that year of NANWL is not an anomaly, it's a standard, as I've said about NANW comp before, you usually have a very clear #1 & #2, sometimes a #3, and the competition is really between those 2, sometimes 3 regiments. So just because there are fewer shitter regiments for those 2-3 main competitors to obliterate, doesn't really make that competitive year less valuable.

The only time I would really subscribe to that idea is if #2 was a highly contested spot, and #1 was just basically in a tier of its own.
Sure, I respect that. I would be looking more outside of the #1 and 2 spots though personally. For example, if you look here in a previous season of NANWL, it shows around 5 or 6 regiments in League 1. The 63e and 71st ofc, and then we have the 18th, 58e, 1tes, and MoskovGren who dropped out somewhere during the season.

Looking at NWGL's regiments you have the 98e and LG, then your best regiments after that are probably the 15e, LIR, HRE. I would certainly say that the 63e/71st had a much harder path to victory considering the 18th (who beat the 71st during the season), and 58e (who beat the 18th during the season) were participating and were definitely given much more of a chance to win the season then the 15e and LIR ever were.

I don't think it's disingenous to say that the competition was stronger that year considering people don't really think of competitive regiments when they think of the 15e, LIR, and HRE, and that's all the 58e and 18th pretty much lived for.

Just look at this, https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=22206.msg934229#msg934229
First 4 NA NWL seasons, I didnt remember the 2te played in season 2. 2te was another 9y. Same dudes.

edit: didnt remember the 3e dropped from season 2 :/. https://challonge.com/League1NANWL

If you guys didnt vote for NA NWL as best event, you're a disgrace. The Champions League of NA.

Look at me with a sexy 44 ping. Now I get 120 :/. Damn.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:47:34 pm by Zzehth »
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2021, 08:26:27 pm »
Cytiuz’s 1v1 tournament was more official than the NWGL

Neither should count for anything but LG did go 9-2 in rounds and 3-0 in matches in it 8)

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2021, 08:54:13 pm »
Spoiler

3eVolt
63e
LG
71st
12th
[close]

Just look at this, https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=22206.msg934229#msg934229
First 4 NA NWL seasons, I didnt remember the 2te played in season 2. 2te was another 9y. Same dudes.

edit: didnt remember the 3e dropped from season 2 :/. https://challonge.com/League1NANWL

If you guys didnt vote for NA NWL as best event, you're a disgrace. The Champions League of NA.

Look at me with a sexy 44 ping. Now I get 120 :/. Damn.
So much history in the first 4 seasons.. and a lot that I don't remember. But as somebody who's participated in every season, I can confidently say it's the best event NA has ever had, its 9 iterations speaks for itself though tbh.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2021, 09:12:44 pm »
NANWL has been fixed since season 1 lol shittiest tournament in NW history

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2021, 09:18:18 pm »
NW frisbee was more official than NWGL
click here to join the 84th

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2021, 09:51:11 pm »

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2021, 10:10:19 pm »
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2021, 10:42:23 pm »
long existing regiments founded over 5 years and still active:
77y, 33rd, DL_18tes, 15thYR, 16th, 2Lr/2Lhr

active for over 5 years but now inactive:
6te

being active for 5 years or more is were I drew the line cause it means they were, at least, existing for about half the time this game existed

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2021, 11:30:50 pm »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2021, 02:06:50 am »

Neither should count for anything but LG did go 9-2 in rounds and 3-0 in matches in it 8)

Oh, the irony

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2021, 02:54:13 am »

Oh, the irony
such iron

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2021, 06:40:54 am »
15e won League 2 so it's the 2nd best regiment right?
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/