Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 26032 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2021, 01:26:19 am »
3eVolt is a top 5 NA regiment all time or top 3 (debatable), but its a joke to say it was the best during the decade. 3e was always on 12th's and 63e's shadow. Those 2 regiments had to disband to finally achieve something. (2012-2015?). I could be wrong, havent played anything competetive after 2015.

I agree AsianP (duel/gf)/Tammo(duel) as the best player of the decade.
Russian indeed is the best player after 2016.

Or just start bringing "palmares" of all regiments, and make a real comparison.

3eVolt literally dismantled 63e in NANWL S6. Yes it spent 1.5 years in 12ths shadow, and if it was a best of 2012-15, you'd have a point, but with the games entire history in consideration you're way off.

Jackie is overall best pre-2016, AsianP was overall best post-2016.
Putting Tammo as best duelist of the decade is bad cap.
3e tied the 63e in the regular season and actually would have lost if there wernt playoffs

And I’m pretty sure the 71st were still the best regiment at the time. We just missed the sign up date
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2021, 01:27:19 am »
3eVolt is a top 5 NA regiment all time or top 3 (debatable), but its a joke to say it was the best during the decade. 3e was always on 12th's and 63e's shadow. Those 2 regiments had to disband to finally achieve something. (2012-2015?). I could be wrong, havent played anything competetive after 2015.

3eVolt literally dismantled 63e in NANWL S6. Yes it spent 1.5 years in 12ths shadow, and if it was a best of 2012-15, you'd have a point, but with the games entire history in consideration you're way off.

Competition was huge back then (regs, tournaments, players, forum activity, etc.)

The only reason I put the 63e as the greatest (doesnt matter if they disbanded in 2016?) is that they had a shitty roster and still managed to have success (NWL 1-4)
2x NWL Champions (almost got their 3rd, 71st got it)
Top 2 during 6 seasons (in a row)
2x GF champions
1x runner up (1st NA reg tournament) - https://challonge.com/ticohasbigpenis
3eVolt - https://challonge.com/3gf

The biggest 3e achievement is that they were able to beat the 12th, 2 times.

Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:54 am »

3e tied the 63e in the regular season and actually would have lost if there wernt playoffs

And I’m pretty sure the 71st were still the best regiment at the time. We just missed the sign up date
71st would have had that NANWL. We beat the 3e and 63e consistently during the league period, but certain individuals just didn't want us in

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Phailur

« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2021, 01:36:18 am »
shouldnt this be renamed to NW NA Decade Awards?

either way CLEARLY Sanitarium was and is the best player ever and MM was better thanks for coming to my TED talk

i also nominate sztinman

Offline Bear

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:48 am »
well it would have been nice to have some comp connected cav players like yourself yooper to help integrate the communities but no one ever tried

God only knows my son will be playing this game in a few years since this game won’t die already. And I’m sure the lists will still be the same lol
What son? The one you aborted years ago? Yeah he'll be the best player to come out the grave LMAO
Nope the actual son we currently have. NW made life. Maybe you'll get one eventually

|Viper|

« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2021, 01:46:46 am »
well it would have been nice to have some comp connected cav players like yourself yooper to help integrate the communities but no one ever tried

God only knows my son will be playing this game in a few years since this game won’t die already. And I’m sure the lists will still be the same lol
What son? The one you aborted years ago? Yeah he'll be the best player to come out the grave LMAO
Nope the actual son we currently have. NW made life. Maybe you'll get one eventually
I hope you and the hobo get along good at the Christmas gatherings.

Offline Bear

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2021, 01:52:39 am »

Life must be difficult when you need constant validation on the internet on a virtually dead game getting awards for all playing the same unit with the same stats and same weapon reach and speed that you cant even think of new jokes

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2021, 01:59:53 am »
shouldnt this be renamed to NW NA Decade Awards?

either way CLEARLY Sanitarium was and is the best player ever and MM was better thanks for coming to my TED talk

i also nominate sztinman
There's a seperate EU section... if you actually looked at the nomination form

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2021, 02:40:53 am »

Life must be difficult when you need constant validation on the internet on a virtually dead game getting awards for all playing the same unit with the same stats and same weapon reach and speed that you cant even think of new jokes

Why is this super toxic

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2021, 02:58:07 am »

Competition was huge back then (regs, tournaments, players, forum activity, etc.)

The only reason I put the 63e as the greatest (doesnt matter if they disbanded in 2016?) is that they had a shitty roster and still managed to have success (NWL 1-4)
2x NWL Champions (almost got their 3rd, 71st got it)
Top 2 during 6 seasons (in a row)
2x GF champions
1x runner up (1st NA reg tournament) - https://challonge.com/ticohasbigpenis
3eVolt - https://challonge.com/3gf

The biggest 3e achievement is that they were able to beat the 12th, 2 times.

3eVolt has
1x NANWL 1st place
2x RGL 1st place
1x NWGL 1st place
2x NANWL 2nd place
1x NAPL 2nd place
1x TNWL 3rd place

don't tell me 3e's biggest achievement was beating the 12th twice.

It's not that 63e disbanded in 2016, it's that after they got dismantled by 3eVolt in NANWL's playoffs they became shit and sad until they went over to Holdfast cause they couldn't win in NW anymore.

This isn't to discredit 63e, they were an amazing regiment, they accomplished a lot and their longevity is very impressive, and if the 63e had stayed around in NW and even been a top 5 regiment past 2016 I would agree with them being the best regiment of the decade.

71st would have had that NANWL. We beat the 3e and 63e consistently during the league period, but certain individuals just didn't want us in

Yes, but there were playoffs, and 63e got dismantled in the finals. I wouldn't really say 71st was the best regiment at the time. Going by 71st's record you guys were 1-1 against 3eVolt, 1-1 against 45e, 1-1 against 15thCC and 2-3 against 4th/98th during that time.

Not saying you guys wouldn't have had a chance, and I still hate that you guys weren't in S6, but that #1 spot was very contested during that time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 03:13:09 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2021, 11:24:54 am »
These debates are pointless until you guys actually grab a list of all the achievements that regiments got so it can be weighed up accurately.

I wouldnt even mind calling 63e the reg of the decade for NA at least because they literally achieved everything lol, but if you are going off competitive criteria mostly then it shouldn't be taking that #1 spot. 3e still achieved more and also shined across more era's of NW.

I mean the 3 of us were actually there playing with 12th and 3e back in the day, I would agree we were still in your shadow despite giving you your only losses, but to say that it was so incredibly dominant that 3e achieved nothing more than being yours bitch then you are waaay off. I remember those LB's being close everytime. Good memories.

71st was a cool regiment, tenured that spent a ton of time working to achieve those W's, but they still took a while to get there then it didn't last that long if we are being real. But you were dominant for a while and nobody can deny that.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:59 pm »
I think there should be a special award for the regs that haven't disbanded like 77y or 33rd etc

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2021, 12:08:10 pm »
I think there should be a special award for the regs that haven't disbanded like 77y or 33rd etc

So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2021, 01:37:55 pm »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2021, 02:31:48 pm »
Longevity award, there deffo should be.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.