Author Topic: State of the NW comp Community and how you could improve it  (Read 17205 times)

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Side: Neutral
Re: State of the NW comp Community and how you could improve it
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2020, 05:12:59 am »

if hes talking about uwu/oneil hes not wrong

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2020, 12:29:56 pm »
Who hurt lonedoge

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2020, 04:58:08 pm »
Who hurt lonedoge
getting locked out of my other account hurt me

deeply

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2020, 05:08:46 pm »
omg game dying so many toxic players im making a thread

Spoiler

[close]
Wursti got a real thing for talking about people being gassed.

EGS host btw.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

EGS host btw.
You better back off, cuz maybe he will gas you?! :))
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Skaen

« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2020, 08:49:30 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

EGS host btw.
I guess he has his ban button ready for a lot of people. :S

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2020, 10:00:36 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

EGS host btw.
I guess he has his ban button ready for a lot of people. :S

no worries

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2020, 03:05:59 pm »
I don't even think that you'd necessarily need major changes or massive, intricate ranking systems for individuals. All you'd need to do to make tournaments interesting is to host a maximum of one tournament every month or maybe once every 3 weeks. The only thing that makes tournaments interesting is hype. It's the feeling of knowing that it has some level of prestige because this might be your only chance for a good while to prove yourselves as a team/regiment. A tournament where you know that everyone will be trying their balls off to win it. Such hype can never exist when there is a weekly tournament. Tournaments simply lose all of their meaning when there's another chance next week and another next week and another next week. It's the same with the regimental scene currently. I feel like regimental tournaments are only being hosted whenever the next "4-month regiment" pops up to try and see if they can dethrone the 15th for a quick tournament and then disappear again. The most recent regimental tournaments had no value to me (yes I know tournaments in a 10 year old game are meaningless, but you get what I mean). I had 0 hype for MRGL and am genuinely more hyped for the fucking Hussars league. Simply put, hype makes tournaments interesting. All you can do as leaders of groupfighting teams is come together and boycott tournaments when you notice that there are way too many of them. If you keep signing up to tournaments, people will keep hosting them. Btw, it doesn't even have to be all of the teams that boycott it. If the top 3 teams boycott, no-one will give a shit anymore because the tournament will be meaningless.

Prize pools obviously help, as long as they're done by someone that is trusted by the community to pay them out. *cough* TWC *cough* However, as I think Gibby said, they are not really feasible in the long run. Unless you somehow find a Saudi prince that is willing to spend his dad's money on tournaments in a 10 y/o game.

As for the toxicity, it is what it is, that will never change. It's a bit like racism in real life, you'll always have fucking retards who will be racist. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't do anything to stop it, it just means that as an individual you will have to learn to deal with it every now and then. Everyone, aside from maybe the real real oldfags, went through a phase where they were called shit at some point. If anything, the toxicity should push you to want to improve and show them wrong. If anything, people calling you an autoblocker or saying you are someone's 2nd key should tell you that you're doing something right.
being called cheater ofc is like a compliment to your skill. otherwise if people keep repeating it and it echoes over to other people calling you cheater, then shit just started
you get called a cheater when youre suspiciously good at one specific thing while being trash at every other aspect of the game, you rly shouldnt take it as a compliment
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #218 on: January 03, 2021, 05:00:39 pm »
Brexit means Brexit

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2021, 03:48:07 pm »
alright

some questions from me here

I had the feeling the community here agreed on having one sweaty tournament per month and one more casual, something like 3v3's, Duel, Sword thing etc

Therefore you said you are going to give wursti again a try with the invitional thing
But we thought that won't prevent any other people from hosting tourneys so we decided to make the EGS, where all organizers can do their tourney, and get help with servers, organization and a tournament worth EGS points

Nevertheless we're back to having on tourney at 7.3, one at 21st, one at 4.4 and EGS is not on track cause we left february out due to already 2 tournaments taking place
So we would need to have one at the end of the month

so we're back with 3 tournaments at least per month in the last 3 months

I have no problem with abandoning the EGS, as it's simply a lot of work I don't mind not putting it in
but I think it would be great if we can work something out, also completly fine with something different

or it was only mimi from the community and we continue havin 3+ tournaments per month

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2021, 04:04:30 pm »
Honestly I've just given up on the gf tournament spam at this point. People have shown multiple times now that they don't give a shit and love weekly tournaments. (TOG, EGS)

My last hope is the regimental scene, where it is actually feasible to block tournaments because most long standing regimental leaders actually give a shit.

Skaen

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2021, 04:09:02 pm »
Why not just host the NWL again. I mean, I really loved these events. I know it consumes a lot of work hosting them but I'm sure a lot of regiments will partake in it.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2021, 04:18:24 pm »
Why not just host the NWL again. I mean, I really loved these events. I know it consumes a lot of work hosting them but I'm sure a lot of regiments will partake in it.
EIC is beginning in 2 weeks. Let's see how that works out in the first place.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2021, 06:02:58 pm »
Honestly I've just given up on the gf tournament spam at this point. People have shown multiple times now that they don't give a shit and love weekly tournaments. (TOG, EGS)

My last hope is the regimental scene, where it is actually feasible to block tournaments because most long standing regimental leaders actually give a shit.
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2021, 06:29:46 pm »
Bring back a proper GF league  :-*