Author Topic: [TB] Hood's Texas Brigade - 1stTX, 4thTX, 5thTX, & 3rd AR [NA]  (Read 13197 times)

Offline Casterline

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: [TB] Hood's Texas Brigade - 1stTX, 4thTX, 5thTX, & 3rd AR [NA]
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2022, 07:47:28 am »
The 1st Texas is not associated with this group. Please remove us from your roster. Thank you.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2022, 08:43:42 pm »
The 1st Texas is not associated with this group. Please remove us from your roster. Thank you.

As for right now, claims aren't being enforced for BCoF and everyone has the right to a regiment's name if they wish to.
You can either work it out with eachother and find a solution or compete against eachother until one of the claimants either seizes to exist or is obscured by the other.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:46:51 pm by Grimmy »

Offline Casterline

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2022, 09:02:25 pm »

As for right now, claims aren't being enforced for BCoF and everyone has the right to a regiment's name if they wish to.
You can either work it out with eachother and find a solution or compete against eachother until one of the claimants either seizes to exist or is obscured by the other.

There was a "pay to reserve" feature for regiments in the very early days of the development, I'm not sure if you are aware of that. But I'm sure bringing that up with the devs won't be necessary.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2022, 09:14:54 pm »

There was a "pay to reserve" feature for regiments in the very early days of the development, I'm not sure if you are aware of that. But I'm sure bringing that up with the devs won't be necessary.

This was never a thing according to the developers.

Offline Casterline

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2022, 09:35:12 pm »

I don't really know who you even are and I feel like this really isn't any of your concern. I have receipts for the purchase, think of it like Kickstarter rewards, I'm sure the powers that be remember what I'm talking about.

I don't really know who you even are and I feel like this really isn't any of your concern. I have receipts for the purchase, think of it like Kickstarter rewards, I'm sure the powers that be remember what I'm talking about.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2022, 09:56:04 pm »

I have nothing against you or your regiment, I'm simply recalling what I know and what has already been established on this forum during similar instances.
Sorry if it came over the wrong way, that was never my intent.

Offline Casterline

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2022, 10:52:37 pm »

I have nothing against you or your regiment, I'm simply recalling what I know and what has already been established on this forum during similar instances.

I understand no hard feelings. Almost 10 years ago there was an effort to pull in monetary support for the game and one of the benefits was reserving a regiment. So that's what we, the 1st Texas, did. So it's a bit different between the other squabbles on this forum which I'm well aware of. We've had these fights before and know how they always end up when the facts are on our side. Good luck out there.

edit: Saris you're welcome for the bumps but I think the discussion is over, please remove 1st Texas from the roster in an appropriate time frame. Thank you

Offline ChristopherR

• Sergeant
  • Colonel of the 17th.
    • View Profile
    • Sword & Musket Discord
  • Nick: ChristopherR
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2022, 12:02:06 am »

I understand no hard feelings. Almost 10 years ago there was an effort to pull in monetary support for the game and one of the benefits was reserving a regiment. So that's what we, the 1st Texas, did. So it's a bit different between the other squabbles on this forum which I'm well aware of. We've had these fights before and know how they always end up when the facts are on our side. Good luck out there.

edit: Saris you're welcome for the bumps but I think the discussion is over, please remove 1st Texas from the roster in an appropriate time frame. Thank you

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2022, 12:51:38 am »

Dear person, I don't know who you are but I personally asked Olafson and he said no.

Offline Casterline

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2022, 01:09:20 am »

Dear person, I don't know who you are but I personally asked Olafson and he said no.

Whoever you are, I'm sure he just needs time to remember... And let's PRETEND it's not a thing for a moment. I'll direct you to this thread.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=28155.0

I'll help you by quoting the particulars...

1. "A name I want to use has already been claimed! Now what?

Pick another, there's plenty of choice.

2. Some guy has a company letter in its regiment's name, that means I can claim the other companies, right?

No. Unless he gives permission, no.

So you see, we've had the regiment reserved the longest, so your point is moot. We still have the rights and reserve them. The game is on the cusp of release and we have always made it plain that we will be participating as the original and only 1st Texas when that occurs. I don't want drama over it, I want the rules and prior promises observed, and I want everyone to have fun and enjoy this great undertaking. I hope you can say the same, noob.

Offline Jazzcommander

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jazz
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2022, 01:13:02 am »

Whoever you are, I'm sure he just needs time to remember... And let's PRETEND it's not a thing for a moment. I'll direct you to this thread.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=28155.0

I'll help you by quoting the particulars...

1. "A name I want to use has already been claimed! Now what?

Pick another, there's plenty of choice.

2. Some guy has a company letter in its regiment's name, that means I can claim the other companies, right?

No. Unless he gives permission, no.

So you see, we've had the regiment reserved the longest, so your point is moot. We still have the rights and reserve them. The game is on the cusp of release and we have always made it plain that we will be participating as the original and only 1st Texas when that occurs. I don't want drama over it, I want the rules and prior promises observed, and I want everyone to have fun and enjoy this great undertaking. I hope you can say the same, noob.
Just join the FSE discord and talk to the supreme ruler and developer Olaf and his sacred band of co-developers

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2022, 01:37:24 am »
Link to the FSE Discord if interested: https://discord.gg/ucpYyTk7Gb

Offline Jaguar

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2022, 08:12:19 am »
This is "interesting".... It shows that we need some tacit rules that we must follow to keep a good global state of mind, and avoid a lot of "dramas", of confusion (for events, for players....).

If you create an unit, with a lot of guys from other games, who really want to play to BCOF, why anyone can create the same reg without caring about what you have worked on (I'm not speaking against anyone here on my post) ? So we can have 10-12 20th Maine regiments, because people have no imagination after having watched Gettysburg ?  :o 

I understand WOR system with a Company tool (a system which have other flaws), who prevents that.....

However, best of luck to everyone, and have a good day  :)  ;)
Rejoignez la Wise's Legion sur BCOF/Join the Wise's Legion on BCOF ;-)
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=42700.0

Offline ChristopherR

• Sergeant
  • Colonel of the 17th.
    • View Profile
    • Sword & Musket Discord
  • Nick: ChristopherR
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2022, 08:28:16 pm »
This is "interesting".... It shows that we need some tacit rules that we must follow to keep a good global state of mind, and avoid a lot of "dramas", of confusion (for events, for players....).

If you create an unit, with a lot of guys from other games, who really want to play to BCOF, why anyone can create the same reg without caring about what you have worked on (I'm not speaking against anyone here on my post) ? So we can have 10-12 20th Maine regiments, because people have no imagination after having watched Gettysburg ?  :o 

I understand WOR system with a Company tool (a system which have other flaws), who prevents that.....

However, best of luck to everyone, and have a good day  :)  ;)

Insulting! 😠

Offline Saris

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2022, 11:08:46 pm »
Welcome back from the graves guys, havent seen yall in over 2 years, I thought yall disappeared! Texas Brigade will see yall on field, the game is turning out great! I hope yall enjoy it.

If yall havent heard, we were featured in Pixelated Apollo's video on the game!